Mon, 03-26-2012 - 6:56am

Morning.

Last week of March already.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 8:09am
Morning,

Spent most of the weekend packing or picking up things at the store for the trip. I think I have a pretty good portion of the kids stuff packed and the "misc stuff" for the beach. I have lots of stuff set aside for myself, but I need to sort through and pick out what I'm actually going to wear - hard to pack for work and the beach at the same time. At least there is a washer and dryer at the beach so I can do laundry when I get there.

Wendi, Sorry about the loss of specials. My Mom was an elementary art teacher and there were years when they went on austerity budget and she would be relegated to traveling to the classroom and teaching there, but the slot was never actually cut. Of course she taught in public school so she was covered by the state union so I think she would still have a job even if art got cut. Usually the first things that get cut from the school around here are all the clubs and sports etc...

Hilarie, Those kind of dolls freak me out too. Phoebe has one that Jeff's Grandmother sent when she was born. I have it on a shelf in the corner of the guest room. I just don't see the point - as DH says another dust collector.

Lori, Hope the sleep thing improves. What's Maddy's program - is it a play or just music?

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 8:27am
Good morning. Happy Monday. Blah.

I didn't mention earlier "the bed situation". Well, I typed it out, but then I deleted it. I had hoped it would resolve itself, but not so far. My parents apparently "can't" sleep in a full-size bed. In fact, they also "can't" sleep in a queen-size bed. So our guest quarters aren't acceptible. Every night so far, my dad has slept on the bed while my mom sleeps on the couch. I find this very annoying on many levels. We did offer them our bed (king-size), but I was relieved they didn't accept - only because it's by our bathroom, with our stuff in it, which I don't want to have to move to the other bathroom, etc. But I still feel it's awful that they aren't sleeping in the same room. What would you guys do? Insist they take our room? (I just find it ridiculous that they can't find a way to share the smaller bed. Is that what happens when you get older - complete inflexibility??)

Andrea, I imagine the packing is difficult, for two very different trips!

Oh, speaking of not letting DH handle the kids' clothes... When I got home from my trip, I was excited/nervous that DH was in the middle of doing the kids' laundry. He said something like, "I don't know why you think I can't do their laundry." (Well, mostly it's just that he doesn't do it!) Anyway, Allison was wearing M's shorts the other day. Today, M was wearing A's shirt and pants! So DH got their clothes put in the wrong drawers. And the kids insist "it was in my drawer" - ugh - silly all around! (At least the shirt M was wearing was a bit big for Allison and she has skinny legs, so the capris didn't fit that badly.)

Lori, I hope your day goes well today. Yay for a slightly easier schedule!

I hope my parents can entertain themselves today, because I really have to work. I didn't finish the database yet, because the lady in charge was out Friday (which I didn't know) - so I have a bunch of questions she needs to answer first.

Oh, and the reason my parents are staying through tomorrow instead of going back tonight (oh - did I mention that the reason they came down this weekend is because my nephews are at SIL's house for the weekend?) is that they know someone in Jacksonville and are going to see her tonight. So they won't even be spending the evening with us today.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 9:39am
Hilarie, Sorry the visit has been such a hassle. I guess I figure if you are a guest in someones home you accommodate to what's available. How many people expect to have an extra king size bed available? I have to admit that a full size bed does seem tight when you are used to bigger, but it's only a few days how bad can it be?

DH has no problem doing laundry, however he doesn't put ours away - just his, I actually prefer that, although at least it's easier to tell Phoebe and Harry's apart!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 9:55am
Sorry - I should have prefaced all of my whiney posts with the title "PMS". :) Actually I don't think I'm that bad this month, but I'm sure it's not helping my attitude.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 10:12am
Lori, enjoy the spring program tonight! Glad you slept well even with the headache.

Andrea, your trip just sounds like so much fun! I always liked work trips because even though you're working, it's out of the office and a good break from the same old thing. Have fun at the beach!!

I never thought about the clubs before. I don't think they have any really. There is student council but that's all I know about. There are sports but all of this is for the older kids. Nothing for the little ones.

Hilarie, it sounds like they've grown accustomed to their ways. Perhaps he rolls around too much and keeps her up if they are too close to one another, or something like that. I'd say it's their choice to accept what you have to offer or not. I would feel guilty though but I wouldn't give up my room unless it was an emergency. I'd let them do what they need to do. At least they are getting some sleep. And I was wondering where the boys were if your parents were there. How are they doing?

I'm not even going to worry about paint today because if it doesn't happen I don't want to be let down. My brain is ready to jump right in, but my body is L-A-Z-Y today. Just no motivation. I had to help DH literally pull his lawn mower tractor out of a mud hole he put it in. I kept telling him to move the mud, get a shovel, it won't just come out of a hole unless you help it. So I ended up just digging in with my hands and scooping the mud out of the way. It's still in my fingernails. But we got the tractor out, by golly.

We have some serious drainage issues on our property.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 10:39am
Wendi, sounds like you need a day to relax! You've been working hard!

My nephews are doing fine, I think. They go to their mom's house (well, the grandparents' house, since she lives with her parents) every other weekend. Through Monday, I think? (So 3 days every 2 weeks.) I don't understand the whole thing - my brother doesn't stand up to them like he should. Like they all moved to a new house and won't tell him where they live. Um, no, if it were my kids, there is NO WAY I'd let them take my children "somewhere" without telling me. And, to add to that, they have taken the kids out of state (to Texas) without telling him! If I were him, I'd be ripping them all a new one, but he doesn't do/say anything about it. But, anyway, I think the boys are good.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 11:23am
Wendi, Sounds like you deserve a slow day!! Yikes to the tractor issue. I am looking forward to getting out of the office for 2 weeks!!!! Yay, Of course the second week is vacation, but the conference will be fun as well, I'm working the security team so I'll be busy but it's nice to do something different once and awhile. I am a little nervous about leaving Harry, though. I know DH will do fine with both the kids, but he's going to be worn out by Thursday night when they arrive in DC. He'll need a week at the beach!!

Hilarie, I don't know if I could handle not knowing where my kids are for an entire weekend. There's nothing legal he could do to find out?? Yikes to them going to Texas without your brother knowing!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 11:30am

Andrea, I'm assuming that legally he is completely entitled to know (and might even be able to prevent them from taking the kids otherwise, since he has custody).

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 1:34pm

Someone needs to come entertain me!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 3:40pm
Hilarie, it is so scary to think of not knowing where your kids are at any time. I would be furious that they went out-of-state without my permission. Hugs on that one!

Andrea, security? What will you do? I thought you were going as an attendee to hear presentations. This sounds more exciting.

Blah. That's my day. No motivation. I did iron on T's new Tiger patch and his bedskirt and put that on his bed. Nothing else to really speak of. That's how exciting it's been.

I did get a call today for an interview at school. Oh, I have such mixed emotions on this. I enjoy being at home so much. T and I have accomplished so much together lately. I just don't know if that would be able to continue. I'm just not sure. But I'll go in Friday anyway and see how it goes. I'll have to get a haircut this week and buy some new pants at least. If I got the job I'd have to buy more clothes. Sigh.

Wendi

Photobucket

Pages