Daily Chatter 4-16-12
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 6:50am

Morning.

Went to bed late last night.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 8:44am
I was reading all weekend, but I couldn't type enough on my iPhone to say what I needed to.

Lori, I'm so glad you got your mom to go to the hospital! I hope they can figure out what she needs tomorrow to get her back on track. That is so awesome that people from your church moved her and set everything up for her! What great people surround you! Did you ever find your W-2? And what happened when you spoke with the principal re: lunch?

Wendi, I hope you got everything done you wanted to. Is DB still there, or just for the weekend? Did T get his Lego book? That's awesome that you get to go on the field trip (and drive T)!

Laura, I hope Lacey is doing better now. Is the burning/smoke done?

We had a good weekend. Friday night the kids were awful - just wouldn't settle down and it was really grating on both me and DH. But the rest of the weekend was good. We got to ride Test Track (the ride that shut down today for 5+ months) 4 times, so we did good. :) I also was able to stick to my diet, so I'm happy with that.

The hotel we stayed at was NOT okay. I think staying in that awful rental for a month made it easier to deal with (it was kind of on par with that place). Seriously - Orlando hotels are just plain crappy if you pay below about $50 per night (and this one was $46). Not really worth it to save a few bucks. :(

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 9:00am
I didnt find my W2 but got a copy from the treasurer. He emailed it to me and some of the info didnt come across right. Thankfully I had my W2 from last year and could get the basic info I needed. I'm SO freaking excited for my return. I'm getting enough back to live all summer, maybe take a little (CHEAP) vacation (like close and one or 2 nights) AND take the classes I need to renew my license!

My mom just came up and I'm going to make her breakfast. She really looks lots better, even her yellow color has gone down immensely!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 9:54am
Lori-Glad your mom is looking much better. Hope you get everything figured out today.

Hilarie-Sorry the place was gross. That's too bad that you have to spend more to get somewhere decent. But-I think $46 is really really cheap. I'd be worried about it. Glad the rest of the trip was pretty good.

All's fine here. Running later than usual this morning so I'd better get moving. Hope Andrea is back today too-seems like she's been gone forever.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 10:21am
Laura, I know. It wasn't even the cheapest place. On our honeymoon, we stayed at a place that was $35 per night, and we regretted it! But it's hard to spend $100 per night every time we go down for the weekend, so we thought we'd try it again - just to see how it went. Not so good. ;-P (This place was a 3 star, rated 3.8 out of 5 for reviews on Expedia - so I was hopeful! We wouldn't stay at a place rated badly.)

Yeah, it does seem like Andrea has been gone forever! I hope she had a fun trip!

My kids have 7 weeks of school left. That seems like it's coming up quickly!

Oh, my favorite part of the weekend is that we got to see the Epcot Flower and Garden show. Tons of topiaries (Fantasia, Princes/Princesses, all the usual characters), lots of flower displays and learning areas, play areas for kids, etc. Oh, and a big sand sculpture that we watched them carve for a bit. We've never been at this time of year, so it was fun to see all that!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 10:23am
Oh, and Lori, I'm so glad your mom is looking better today!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 10:39am

Morning Ladies I'm Back!!!!

We got back Saturday night so yesterday was spent unpacking/doing laundry/ grocery shopping etc...

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 10:51am
Andrea-Great pictures! Is the guy in the back really that tall or was he standing on somethign?!?!? Oh my. ;) Glad you had fun & hope your transition back to "real life" is ok.

Hilarie-I forgot to say that Lacey's cough went away shortly after the smoke did. I think they must be related. She woke up last night coughing like crazy again-but only for about 2 minutes & then she was fine. There is a terrible whooping cough epidemic around here (some schools are even closed) but I know we are all vaccinated so I'm not worried about that-thankfully!

Well-I need to work. I have my performance review this afternoon-ick! I hate those. I haven't had one since I left my last full-time job (in 2003). They are just painful to me. I've already filled out my paperwork like a month ago so I'd better go re-read what I wrote back then. Sigh.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 11:20am
Andrea, glad you guys had a good time. I wondered too if your cousin is really that tall!

Laura, good luck with the review. I just had mine a couple weeks ago. (We do a self review, then the principal does hers and then we sign it.) Mine was good, but it makes me laugh as I dont think she's ever been in to see what I do.

Hilarie, when do your kids get out? I'm SO glad school is winding down. Next Friday our interems (I dont know how to spell that) go out for the last 9 weeks. We are done May 29th.

Its warm here again today. Windy and looks like rain, but warm.

I've been covering books this morning (paperback books with laminate---they last longer). I went down to school last night to get stuff ready for my sub, and found a small book order there. I'm glad Brenna didnt see (or at least I dont think she did) because I ordered her the Hunger Games set for her b-day.

Mom's appointment is tomorrow at 11:30. We'll have to leave around 9, or 8 and stop for breakfast. ;)

My head is hurting today. Stupid AF showed last night. So between that and my sinuses with the change in the weather, I'm hurting (even after taking something)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 11:42am
Laura, I hate reviews, too. And goals. And all that crap. Ours is very computerized, too, which makes it worse to me. I hope yours goes well! Glad Lacey's cough was hopefully just smoke-related.

Lori, my kids are out on June 5th and 6th (one each day). I can't believe they're making you guys go ONE DAY after Memorial Day! That's so stupid! Everyone should just take their stuff home on Friday and not come back. :) I hope your head feels better soon!

It's so beautiful here today. Blue sky. Gorgeous. You know, my friend in Oregon wrote a blog post about the sun and how she wondered if she'd still appreciate it so much if she lived somewhere with more sun. For me, I still appreciate it every day. But I do wonder if I'll become immune to it a in a few years. I do love blue sky!!! (Although I did appreciate some clouds this weekend at Disney. We were out for two days straight in 80-ish weather and didn't even need to put on sunscreen!)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 11:45am
Oh, Andrea, I forgot to comment on your post! Your pictures are all great! Did Phoebe swim in that outfit? (Is it a swim outfit, or just clothes?) It looks like you guys had a great time! Glad you get a partial day to ease your way back into it.

Pages