Daily Chatter 4-2-12
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 8:16am

Morning Girls.

Welcome to April!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 8:31am
Laura, thats what I was thinking too. It only happens in choir when she's standing and such. She said she's not nervous or anything. I'd think if it was something more it would happen at other times. But it's scared her enough that she wants to be checked out, so I'll take her.

The garbage man came at 6:40 today! I'd like to sleep in a couple days this week. (I was already slightly awake then) Now they're downstairs jack hammering. I didnt know they had to do that anymore. Alexis came out hating them today, lol.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 9:42am
No jack hammering during spring break until at least 11am! I think that should be a rule. ;) I thought they were almost done-not creating new holes. Good luck today!

So-I'm starting South Beach this morning. Ugh. I am feeling gross lately & know it's from the extra weight I've put on this winter. So now that spring is here I need to get rid of it. When I was putting on clothes yesterday for church I was so disappointed that all of my pants were so tight & none of my shirts hid my "muffin top" so I had to wear a sweater to cover that. I can't wear sweaters for much longer-so off I go.

Last night when DH & I were just climbing into bed there was suddenly this horrible banging noise. It almost sounded like a deer was in our garage or something like that. DH said, "It's the boiler" and ran to the basement-while I looked out the windows looking for an injured animal. Unfortunately DH was right. So-we are without hot water or heat this morning. Luckily it's supposed to get near 60 today so not terribly cold (but it is 30 out right now). Hopefully the plumber will be here today. So-I have a few space heaters plugged in & we'll just wear a few layers. The fun never ends!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 9:59am
Happy Monday, ladies!

I was reading along all weekend, but I didn't manage time/energy for an iPhone post to reply to everything.

Andrea, glad you've had some fun already. I hope you don't have to work too hard and can enjoy it some. :)

Laura - what's the temp there?? I hope your boiler gets fixed soon! (Are boilers in houses common? I think of them more in schools and such.)

Lori, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about with Alexis, but I'm glad she told you what was going on. Of course, if it was my kid, I'd worry, even though it's nothing really serious. Hopefully it's just a "leg-locking" thing or something like that.

We had great weather almost the whole time this weekend! I called and they said it was raining ("80% chance of rain", she quoted at me). But when we got close, it wasn't raining so we decided to just go and see how much we could do before it hit again. We only got hit by one HUGE shower (that started while we were on a ride, getting rained on) - maybe 15 minutes or so - otherwise it was dry. Woohoo!

My parents/bro/nephews arrived 2.5 hours after us, I think. Which is ridiculous, since they live 2.5 hours away and we were all "supposed to" leave about the same time. Not shocking, though. :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 10:02am
Lori, what a way to start spring break! Hope it's not for very long at least.

I had what happened to Alexis happen to me but I was older. I could hear, I could breathe, but everything went white then black. I did the blinking thing, too, because you have to make sure your eyes are open. I happened to be leaning against the doorway and I was afraid I was fainting but I never fell. Then it all came back. I was volunteering at the hospital at the time and one lady was showing me something and while she was talking it happened. She never noticed anything. It happened a couple other times over the next couple years. I never had it checked out so I wonder what they will say about Alexis.

Andrea, hope you are having a good time this morning!

Laura, I'm sorry but I forgot what I read. Hope you had a good weekend!

This morning the 1940 census was released! I'm just waiting for Missouri to be uploaded to one of the sites to check it out.

Yesterday was a very busy day around here. T let me sleep in until 8:30. Then I sewed one seam, the only sewing I did all day. I had to get breakfast ready, get us ready for church, get lunch and do a little shopping. By that time the sun was shining in the window so I just gave up on sewing anything. I picked up some glitter nail polish and painted my nails. At least I got something done.

I have to run to the city today because I don't have any batting or a backing. I mean that was just a duh moment. How can you sew a quilt without those things?

Plus I'm starting to think about this weekend. I'm already getting frustrated with DH. That's not a good sign. And how are we going to throw away our trash? We won't be able to bring it back with us. It's going to have to be a very carefully coordinated plan. I just hope DH can be patient enough to deal with me.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 10:12am
Laura, how awful to hear the news on the boiler! It is so weird hearing you talk about sweaters and heating because we're all wearing shorts and turning on the a/c!

Hilarie, wow to waiting for them at the park for so long! Glad they made it and you all had a great time.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 10:26am
I agree about the temperature differences, Wendi. It's supposed to be 91 today and I'm hoping we're going to the pool! (It's 77 already - at 10:30.)

We weren't "waiting" for them - just going on rides. We actually didn't mind, because it meant we got to get a feel for the park, go on whatever rides we wanted until they got there. I'm glad we didn't meet them at the hotel or something - this way we got to have fun while they were in the car.

I'm working just a bit today. People have things they want from me, and I said I'd be available up to 8 hours this week.

I think the family is coming back down here Wednesday or Thursday - no firm confirmation yet. So we'll enjoy a few days to ourselves first.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 10:45am
Wendi, that sounds exactly like what Alexis described to me. She could still hear, but muffled, and everything was black. I take her Weds afternoon. (Unfortunately our doc is out all week, so we see someone else, which I'm sure will be fine.) What is up with this weekend and having to figure out trash and such? I'm confused, lol. Lol at forgetting the batting and backing for the quilt.

Laura, sorry about the boiler. I hope you can get it fixed soon (and its nothing major). I'm back at it seriously again this week too. I slacked a bit last week. I joined a blog challenge for 10 weeks (weight loss/fitness/etc), and my first week was not a good post. :(

Hilarie, sorry the rest of the family didnt make it on time, but glad you had some time to yourselves first. Yuck to the 90s!

Its been chilly again here. No shorts for awhile. The littles are outside playing, and they have on sweats and sweatshirt jackets. It did get warmer yesterday (around 70), but most of the day was long pants weather.

They're still jack hammering. Sigh... Its loud. I'm still not sure what they're doing, unless they're fixing the doorway. I might have to go peek when they leave for lunch, lol. (I'm sure it would be ok if I went now to check things out, but I dont want to interrupt them.)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 10:52am
Yeah, Lori, the jackhammering is weird if they're supposed to be almost done! Weird! I hope it's just today.

I'm supposed to be back at it seriously again today, too. But I didn't get to the store, so I guess it will be tomorrow. Trying on swimsuits last week almost made me cry, so that was some motivation. :( (I didn't have a one-piece and my hip/muffin top (just on the sides, not tummy) made me go get a one-piece. Blah.)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 3:17pm
Hilarie, glad you had fun and were able to enjoy the park without having to wait. Thank goodness for cell phones hu?

Wendi, my sister is in the KC area and she said she is turning on the a/c this afternoon since she teaches piano out of her house. Sounds like its been hot back there! Hope you got the last of the stuff for your quilt.

Lori, glad you get to see a doc so quickly. That's nice! Still making noise? Ugh. Did you go look while they were gone?

The boiler is fixed. It's not very common here, but the builder who did a lot of our neighborhood used them, so there are quite a few. The bad part is that there is no ductwork so we can't get a/c without it being a huge expense. But i do like the boiler overall, it's very quiet!

The girls are having fun with the sitter. I bought some paint and a few small canvas frames for them to paint so they are outside doing that. It's only supposed to get to 52 here today, so not warm at all. Tomorrow in the 60s and then back into the 40s for the rest of the week. Icky weather for spring break! :(

Well, I have work, so better get back to it. My boss is in brazil again! A concrete truck got in the wrong line and they used really low strength concrete in one of my girders (possibly two) so we are trying to figure out how to save them, but I think they are just going to have to throw them out and start over. No one is going to like my answer I'm afraid... At least it isn't my fault, but they will still be crabby with me for it. (the client not my boss).

And, the diet is going ok. I can't remember what I can eat though. I need to get the book back out, I really want craisins, what a strange thing to want hu?

Ok, back to work now...

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 3:29pm
Ugh...sorry to the wrong concrete! We also have a boiler, so same with the central air. I just live with the heat for now. ;)

I peeked in the basement. It was what I thought...the doorway between the main house and the fruit cellar (which will eventually be torn off, but my mom is out of money for now). There was a hole in the floor where they cut out the doorway, so they were fixing/cementing it.
The electricians arent back today though. >:( That means no more lights/switches/plugs again today. Grrrrrr to them!!! I'm not sure why they didnt finish Saturday since they cost us 2 days last week!

Time to make an early dinner, then to ball practice. Its nice (but a little chilly), so I think I'll walk tonight.
Photobucket

Pages