iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 4-9-12
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 6:44am

Morning ladies.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 6:49am
Hilaire, if he has a good kindergarten teacher, he should be fine. Our teacher makes them use their words, does not allow whining, etc.

Laura, that sounds like a good program.

Its a bit harder when kids arent built the same. Alexis was always a bit thicker, but Brenna is taller and thin. The other girls are thicker too. But I never bought Brenna slim jeans so I could pass them down. :)

So not ready to go back to school. I hope the kids are refreshed and not buttheads.

I wish the dr office opened at 8 instead of 9. I'd like to go in knowing what I was doing today instead of having to figure it out.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 8:34am

Laura, here's one version of the song (there are so many).

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 9:21am
Lori-My dad's office always opened for calls at 7:45 & then the 1st appt was at 8am. I know parents loved being able to call before school started. I think all offices should do that. How hard would it be to have one receptionist start early? Hope you have a good day & can get in to see the doc today.

Hilarie-Thanks for the song-sounds great. I had already forgotten about going to find it-so I appreciate your help. Hope your day is nice & easy. I must admit it seems funny that you are even considering going to the pool. But we're supposed to be in the 60s today-so we're getting closer... :)

Not much here this morning. The girls are slow & complaining. Yippie! Way to start the day. I'm just happy I get to send them to school & am trying to stay positive today. We started the day with them all coming into my bed & snuggling for a few minutes-so hopefully the snuggles will help.

Have a good week everyone!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 9:46am
Laura, I hope you can be in a better mood today! I woke up to Allison, dressed in her school uniform, arguing with me about whether or not she had school today. She was ready!

I find myself in a good mood today. I think it's because I know my parents leave tomorrow. So only one more day until I get my house back. I'm glad they get to visit the kids, but I'm always relieved to have it back to "normal".

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 11:28am
Hilarie, I hope she's as ready to go back tomorrow! ;) I too think its funny to hear you talking about the pool. Nice here today, but I can tell the weather is changing. My sinuses are killing me all of a sudden.

Laura, that would be a great idea for a dr office. I did get through right at 9, and she goes this afternoon at 3:40. I'll miss an hour of school, but I probably wont turn in sick time for that. I'll just take it unpaid. I hope they find something out though so we can fix it. Hope the girls come home happier.

Thankfully I put pork chops in the crock this morning. Brenna can heat some rice and a veggie for the girls before Livi leaves for practice.

And...since I'm leaving early, I dont have kindergarten in here this afternoon. The teacher and I talked about things, and I had them this morning when I'd usually be in her room. Then we went back and I stayed until my time was done. Much better.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 3:41pm
Well, my good mood quickly left. Work has sucked the big one today. Still is. I'm ready to walk away but I have to wait to hand it off to someone else (he's on a break). I want to throw my computer through a window (almost).

Lori, I hope you're at the dr. now and getting some answers!!!

Was Wendi coming back yesterday? I thought we'd hear from her by now...

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 4:16pm
LOL, Hilarie! It took me forever to read all of those posts! Then we looked up some weather stuff for T do make for Cub Scouts so I was delayed. :)

Lori, yay to the 20 lbs lost!!! Little People toys are one of the groups of toys T is keeping in his room, too. He is letting the big playsets go but he said we have to keep out all of the people. I'm so glad to hear you'll be taking Alexis in today. Hopefully they can give you some answers before you leave the office.

Hilarie, are your screens on the outside of your windows? Ours are and they collect bugs, too. On your nephew in kindergarten, boys are very different than girls. I would think they would see these same things in his screening. FYI my brother was always 3 years behind in maturity (even at 21!) and I think T is about 6 months to a year behind. So that means what others "got" in K he's just finally "getting" now.

Oh my goodness it is soooooo good to be home! T is still on break today so we are just hanging out this afternoon. I haven't even heard "I'm bored" yet so I think he's happy to be home, too.

We painted the entire downstairs (except the tornado closet and pantry), the stairwell and the rails going upstairs. DH was so happy with the color and how everything was turning out he actually wants to go back in a couple weeks to do the upstairs. It's a shame we did all this work can't enjoy it!

It was a blessing to have my mom and DB to help. We figured we would have had more finished, like the bonus room upstairs, but Saturday night T and I went to church (2 1/2 hours!) and DH and DB went to this fantasy baseball thing DH does every year. That's actually why we were going to IN in the first place. So we lost almost half a day to those things. Mom did roll on the first coat in the living room during that time but she couldn't bend over to do the bottom cutting in or climb up (scared of heights) to do the ceiling edging.

T and I went to our old church for mass Saturday night. It was so nice. (I'm just not familiar yet with everything here.) I love that this priest's homily is usually less than 5 minutes and so powerful and generally humorous. This was his best one I've ever heard. Although it's long (this is the one time a year when converts go through the rites to become Catholic) this is one of my favorite masses.

Anyway, we got home at 2:30 this morning. T doesn't even remember getting home or going to his bed. I told DH I thought he wasn't really awake. Poor DH drove for the last four hours, slept for three and went to work. Ugh! T slept until 9-ish and he played while I slept until 10am. We'll all probably still go to bed early tonight.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 5:30pm
Hilarie, sorry work ruined your mood! Hope you got to hand it off by now.

Wendi, sounds like a nice trip. Yay for getting so much done, and for getting to go to the old church. How did T do for that long? I think I would get restless in that amount of time!

So they know nothing. She's referring us to a pediatric cardiologist for an echocardiogram. She said she's anticipating a good report, but they just need to make sure everything is pumping ok and that thats not the cause of her low blood pressure. I should find out tomorrow when we go there (they were closed by the time they called today).

*****Drumroll Please****** Carpet is coming Weds/Thursday this week, so we are moving everyone this weekend! Counter is in. (I havent seen it.) Mom said the railing should be up. I need to go take some pics. Maybe I'll do that now before it gets dark. I think the plumbing people are coming tomorrow to hook up the bathroom. I cant wait for you all to see my mom's sink and faucet in there. I'm going to LOVE it (and be jealous she gets it, lol).
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 6:00pm
Lori, I can't wait to see more pictures of the basement! How fun/exciting! Frustrating for no results on Ali yet, but hopefully soon!

Wendi, sounds like a nice time at the old house. You got a lot done!

I did hand off the work thing. I hope he fixed it. I'm stymied.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 6:09pm

My babies at Easter.

Pages