Daily Chatter 7-23-12
Mon, 07-23-2012 - 9:20am

Morning.  :smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Re: Daily Chatter 7-23-12
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 8:09am
Lori, We have some of those items on the list too - baby wipes, tissues, hand sanitizer . Those all specify brand etc as well!!! Glad you got the squares all cut. Once you start sewing it together it will go quicker.

Laura, REI was one place we were looking for Phoebe's bike, DH wants to make sure whatever we get is lighter and has at least some gears for her to use. I think we may try the local bike shop and see what they have to offer. Glad you guys got back okay - and were able to get the dog. Hope you adjust to the time change - was it one or two hours?

Today Phoebe's "field trip" is here on post - it's called outraghiss pets. I guess they bring the animals to the center and teach the kids about them. Judging by the name I guess there will be some snakes.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 9:29am
Lori-Glad the quilt is moving forward. I've never done one-but watched my mom do them. Seems like a LOT of work. She always said only the 1st born from each family gets a hand done quilt-but she did one for each girl. They are so fun!

Andrea-Calla's bike is really heavy! It easily weighs more than mine does-but with gears on it she does so much better (when she can shift) that it hasn't bothered her much. It's only 1 hour different to home, but since we flew into Spokane it was 2 and then drove back across the line again. But-doesn't hit you as bad. Of course Lacey was up at 6:40am. Ugh. The field trip sounds fun.

I slept soooo hard last night. Wow. That was great. But time to re-join the real world. I told my office that I wasn't going to work today, but I probably will since the girls have their routines. But-I didn't want to "have" to work if I was dead & had a ton of stuff to do. Calla has dance practice this morning too-they have a performance at the Irish Festival in town on Saturday. She's soooo excited. She missed practice last week-but was there the week before. Hope it all goes well.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 11:52am
IPhone post -sorry to be so brief...

Laura glad you made it home and they let you get the dog even though you were late! Calla's dance sounds fun this weekend!

Andrea I hope the field trip is fun today. Megan is growing out of the 20" bike already, but a 24" is just a little long for her. But Allison needs to move up (she has a 16 or 18 - can't remember).

Lori good luck finishing the quilt. I'm not very patient with things like that. The cancer support group sounds really nice.

Wendi, glad T's swimming is going so well! I hope you can get your hair done like you want. Having a "school shopping" day sounds like a fun tradition.

I think we can pick our own pencil box color, but they do specify brands of everything (and, annoyingly, don't tell you where you can find that brand). They have to have certain notebook colors, but they're for specific things, so that makes sense.

We have to leave in a couple of hours. My mom wants to try to meet for a last hug or lunch or something. Kind of annoying to try to fit that in as we're heading out, but I'll see if we can make it work. And I'm really stuffed up today. :smileysad:

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 5:11pm
Hilarie, hope you have a safe trip home and that your head doesn't bother you too much on the plane.

I have worked almost all day, which was not my plan. But they had an issue with a model last week and have been stuck on it since I left. So I felt like I needed to get them fixed up. Lucky they just put it aside and worked on other things until I got back. Calla's practice went really well today. I love how much she loves it.

Wendi, I keep forgetting to ask if you've been to the City Museum in St Louis?

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 8:47pm
Andrea, school supply shopping is supposed to be fun. I can't believe how particular they are being.

Laura, so glad to hear you made it home alright! I bet the dog was so happy to see you all! I didn't realize Calla still had dance in the summer. The festival sounds awesome! Mmmm, Irish food! I know you asked before and didn't realize I didn't answer! Sorry! Yes, I took DB when he was 14, I think. He used to come spend a week with us every summer. It wasn't near what it is now but it was still amazing and so much fun. I can't even imagine what it is like now. He wants us to take T and see what all has changed.

Lori, glad to hear you had a good meeting this morning. It sounds like a wonderful group idea! I thought you were going to say the pastor has you pegged and asked you to be president or something like that, lol!

Another day, another dollar. Another swim, another swaller (of water). LOL!

Now we won't go supply and uniform shopping tomorrow. I forgot Missouri has a tax holiday coming up when you can buy those things state wide tax free, and possibly locally tax free. So we'll wait another week for that.

Probably change the hair-do date to next week. I totally forgot tomorrow T has swimming and violin. I don't think there's enough time between the two. Monday and Tuesday are both free.

We just found out today my cousin's daughter's surgery is in two weeks. She's the one who went to all the horse races. It is very dangerous and the outcome is completely in the air. Tonight T asked why God did this to one of his creations. Why doesn't he just fix her? Talk about tug at the heartstrings! When I said God doesn't make this happen he said the devil did it. I tried to tell him neither did it to her and hope he can understand one day.

It's finally down to 100*! Waiting for the front to come through. C'mon, rain!

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 9:42pm
Wow Wendi, tough question. It was something we talked about last night at the meeting. (No, I wouldnt be president or anything...I'm not in a place where I can be *that* involved yet...its hard enough just sharing bits here and there...) I hope everything goes well with the surgery!

Andrea, hope Phoebe had a good time on the field trip. Yuck to snakes! Did she get to touch one?

Laura, glad you slept so good last night. (We had great sleeping weather here finally) Yay for getting some work done...maybe you can have an easy day later. :smileywink: I love when the girls really love what they're doing.

Hilarie, I hope travel was uneventful for you today.

Had a nice visit with my mom. Her spirit has totally changed since the idea of surgery has been passed by. Now they're talking maybe not even a scope. So we'll find out Friday whats going on.

Still buying parts for the van. Sigh... plugs and wires today, ignition coil tomorrow. Hopefully thats it. I'm going broke fast!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 7:58am
Morning,

Lori, Phoebe loved the field trip. There was a python, a Macaw, a Sugar Glider, a miniature Caiman, and a Chinchilla. They got to touch them all too (well except the sugar glider because he was shy). According to Phoebe the chinchilla was sooo soft, she said like whipped cream!! Gotta love kids comparisons!

I'm glad your Mom's spirits are up and you had a good visit. Hope the car troubles get solved quickly. I hate car issues.

Wendi, I totally agree - I realize the colors on some thing can be dictated because they are for a specific purpose, but let the kids have a little fun picking stuff out. I guess she can at least choose a lunchbox that she wants! Did the front come through? Has it cooled down for you guys?

Laura, It's so cool that Calla has found something she enjoys so much. So far for Phoebe she seems to be drawn to art - I'm signing her up for some classes this fall, I hope she enjoys them.

Today a friend ( the one we are going up north with) and I will bring all three girls to the dentist after lunch and then we are going to head north right after the dentist. DH will catch up with Harry and her DH at my parents. Since we're already going to be a half hour down the road at the dentist we didn't want to back track to our house just to switch cars around. The girls will enjoy riding together for that leg of the trip and they will have some time to play when we get to my Moms. I told DH we'll get dinner there and have it ready when they arrive so we can get back on the road pretty quick.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 8:37am
Morning. Band this morning. Then I have to go get the part for the car, and Brenna wants to go to the library.

I got Alexis a trupet off ebay last night. I sure hope its ok. Its hard going by pictures and such, but I got one from someone who takes returns if we're not happy with it.

Andrea, have a fun weekend! Glad Phoebe enjoyed the field trip.

The girls have kinda adopted a new kitten. We came home one day and saw it jump in the weeds. They've gotten it to come out and they can pet it and such, but it doesnt want to be picked up yet. They've named it Lokitty (get it? yes, I have sci-fi geeks, lol). They also discovered it has a sibling that wont come out yet. They started feeding them, which I suppose is ok. When we first moved up here we had 2 outside kitties (one ran away, one got hit). So I suppose it would be ok if they hang around. (I have no idea where they came from)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 10:03am

Andrea-Sounds so much fun for the field trip. Calla would LOVE that too. Have a great trip. Very nice that you can get away a little early too.

Lori-Hope you get the van all fixed up. I hate car problems. Enjoy the new cats too! That's very fun. My only advice is to get them fixed or you'll have 18 kittens by Christmas... Our Humane Society hosts free or low cost spay/neuter clinics on a really regular basis. Their big push is to get them fixed by 3 months. They will even come out & set traps for the wild cats if you call & ask for it. It's really a great program, hopefully you have something nearby like that. Hope the trumpet is great too.

Wendi-Glad you've been to the museum, hope you take T back someday soon.  Have a great day!

I have to be on a "harassment training" conference call this morning. It's required so the sitter is coming back for a few hours. Makes me crabby that they force me to attend these things on my day off-but oh well. I'm leaving early tomorrow to go golfing with DH's office, so this will make up for those lost hours at least. DH's b-day is on Sunday & so we have to run out this afternoon & find something for him. Wish us luck! Part of me wants to order this & say it's for his b-day. But it's what I want-not him...and it is a LOT more than I normally spend on presents.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11613270&search=modular+storage&Mo=1&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=modular+storage&Ntt=modular+storage&No=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 10:17am
Good morning. We made it home late last night - easy flights. At 10:15, everyone else in the house is still asleep. Yes, we're all tired. And, no, we don't want to change back to this time zone! I'm only up because of work. :smileysad:

Andrea, the animals sound great! Have a wonderful weekend with friends!

Lori, I hope you can get the van fixed without too much more expense! And yay for finding a trumpet on ebay!

Um...and hi to everyone else. Sorry - brain fog. I was hoping it was just allergies, but I feel very stuffed up today (more?), so I'm really sick. Darn it. :smileysad:

Pages