Daily Chatter 7-30-12
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 7:49am

Welcome, August!

Have a good week!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 8:14am
I almost posted on the old thread this morning. I'm not ready for a new week. I'm not ready for a new month!

DB comes today. T is super excited.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 9:16am
Morning,

We had a great weekend at camp. The kids had lots of fun and even the adults managed to get in some downtime since the kids entertained themselves once in a while. The weather even worked out.

We only started watching the Olympics yesterday, since we don't get any kind of TV reception at camp. Phoebe was getting into the diving last night. I've always loved watching the Olympics. When I was a kid we lived about 45 minutes from Lake Placid so when they had the Winter Olympics the schools closed down for two weeks. It was really pretty cool - since we were so close a lot of people stayed in our town so there all kinds of international tourists/athletes.

Lori, Hope you Mom does great today - did you find our what time the surgery will be? Sorry about the drama with DH, I agree why should you pay him for the labor if you are supplying the parts and he doesn't always cover the child support?

Hilarie, We only allow Phoebe to be involved in one activity at a time too - although this year she is going to be in girl scouts too, but that is only every two weeks so not too much commitment. I know you already got the backpacks, but I would have gotten Allison a ne w one too - after that it's a judgement call, but she should be able to start school with a new backpack. I had the same backpack from about 5th grade on - LL Bean. I actually found it a couple of months ago, it was a little bittersweet when I finally threw it away.

Laura, WooHoo to doing so well at golf! That's awesome! I think I may have to try out the ransom box, although the one who needs it the most is Harry and somehow I don't think he'll get the point!

Wendi, Too bad about the bowling, but if he wasn't upset about it I guess it works out better in the long run. Is T looking forward to DB being there this week? Does that mean you'll be working full time this week?

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 9:35am

Good morning.

I put the alarm in the bathroom, so I was up when it went off. I even woke up the kids (25 minutes later). I think I'll move it 20-30 minutes earlier each day. I just wish these Olympics weren't keeping me up so late!

Wendi, have fun with DB this week! I'm sure T will love having him there.

Andrea, sounds like a really fun time at camp! That's cool that you don't get tv reception there - so you can really "get away" from it all!

I did get Allison a new backpack, too. And I have mine - from college, maybe? - still! Well, DH uses it now. Oh, no, it's from after college. I forgot - my car was broken into a year after college and the backpack was stolen. So it's from 1995, I guess. We used it as a diaper bag, have taken it on most every trip we've taken. It is still in good shape. DH still uses it on planes and when he takes the kids to the pool. I love good backpacks that last forever!

I have to have to have to focus on work this week. I have so much to do. I have a call at 11:00 today to go over my progress on one client, and I'm way behind. (Not that it's a huge deal, but I haven't met some due dates because of my vacation.) So I need to buckle down and get 'er done this week!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 10:06am
Laura, There is very weak cell phone coverage up there - I can only get it in certain spots. We do have a land line though. It is nice to lose touch for a little while. I'm glad Lacey decided to stick it out for the game.

Hilarie, I always find it much harder to adjust to the time change coming back from the west coast. We usually take Wendi's approach and force ourselves to get back into things right away. The first day is usually pretty painful, but after that it's not too bad.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 11:54am
I'm sure I mentioned - but just in case I didn't - I'm getting a new laptop this week. Thursday or Friday. Which means I have to go down to Orlando (the closest office). Which means we'll be right near Disney World. So you can see it would be just "wrong" not to stay there this weekend. :smileyhappy: The IT guy thinks it will take a full day to copy my laptop files, so I'm trying to decide which day to head down (Thurs or Fri). And he said I probably won't need to be there, so maybe we'll go to the water park for the day while he's copying files. So much to work out, logistically. But, hey, my work pays for mileage (about $120 for the trip, maybe more if I'm out-of-date on mileage reimbursement) and I might even get to bill the 2 hours of driving time each way. So I'll come out pretty well on this trip. I just hope my family doesn't get to "go do something fun" while I sit in the office. That would bite!

Lori, I hope things are going well today...

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 1:01pm

Andrea, T has been cleaning all weekend, he is that excited. And, yes, I officially start on Wednesday!

Laura, the game sounds like it was fun! Poor Lacey! Glad she calmed down and you could enjoy yourself.

Hilarie, the work plans sound awesome! I completely agree you need to take advantage of the opportunity. The waterpark idea sounds wonderful! How long would you have to be in the office while there?

I'm trying to get things tidy around here enough before I start work. I think we will start a ransom box today. It's such a wonderful idea.

We're starting all kinds of new things today. Unfortunately, T will go to ILs next week and forget it all, I'm sure.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 3:11pm
Hi girls.

I havent read yet today, but just wanted to give you an update. Mom did not have surgery today. We have no idea why. No one can tell us whats going on. Word is going around that she's being discharged tomorrow. WTF? (Excuse my abbreviated language, but I'm to that point with this place) Her nurse is trying to get us some answers, because she has no clue either. (She (nurse) didnt even know she was supposed to have surgery today when we got here...but when we called here last night they said she was on the schedule for 1:45 today.) The communication here SUCKS, to put it mildly.

I'll try to post more either at a hotel, or home later, where ever I end up...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 3:14pm
Got stuck at the dr. longer than planned today. Grrr. Plus work has been making me do stuff that isn't actually the work I need to be doing.

Wendi, I won't have to be in the office too much. I asked the guy what time he got off on Friday - so what time we'd need to be back to pick up the laptop. He said, "I can stay late if you want. Or, I don't live too far away - I could go home and meet you later." LOL - I told him I was not going to make HIM work late so I could go to a water park!!! (He was serious, too - he wanted me to stay and have fun!)

I just got a work assignment to do tonight, during the Olympics. (It's boring - file clean-up, so I can do it while I watch.) My supervisor said "It's work, so make sure you bill the time!" LOL. He's big on me getting all my hours. (He did confirm that I am to bill the 4 hours of driving time, too!)

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 4:05pm
Lori, I saw your FB post (while I was at the dr.). What on earth??? That's just crazy that they can't tell you anything! Where is her magical doctor that was so good last week??? Ugh. I hope you get it all figured out asap!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 6:02pm
Laura, you made me laugh. But, really, who is this guy to take YOUR computer??? Wow. That bites!

I'm working on deleting as many of my files as possible so I can see what has to be uploaded to the network. (Big deal - I don't think I've mentioned it. Basically, no one wants to host my 120GB of files, so they're ONLY on my laptop and EHD and not on the network. Which is a real no-no.) I'm a deleting machine! I've got my EHD from 33GB down to under 4GB already. We'll see how much I can delete off my laptop. Maybe it won't be such a big deal if I can get it under 25GB or so?

Pages