Daily Chatter 8-13-12

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 8-13-12
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 8:50am

Morning!

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 9:00am
I hope it's safe now. Seems like whenever I start a thread that someone else starts it at the same time!

Nothing exciting here. Just wishing you all a happy Monday/week!

(Oh, and we haven't seen the closing ceremony yet, Laura. Maybe tonight. Sounds interesting.)

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 9:23am
Oh, and DH started his diet today. Which means no more eating together (unless it's a salad - but I'd need some meat on/with mine!) for the next 6 weeks. I wonder if he'll make it past week 2, but we'll see. :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 10:25am
Laura, good luck getting ready for the "highlight" of your week. LOL!

I just looked up the diet online, and here's what I found: http://www.everydiet.org/diet/eat-to-live It doesn't list bread, but the suggested menu at the bottom includes bread. And oatmeal. So maybe it's not quite as restrictive? Not sure. It says "up to 1 tsp oil per day", which would factor into dressings, I guess. I'm not sure what DH is planning - he's on his own...

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 12:01pm
I'm waiting for the family to call - "Come get us!!!!" They rode bikes to the pool. It's now thundering loudly - and you know how Megan hates that. I'm guessing DH won't make them ride home in it (especially if it starts raining!).

I need more entertainment here. I don't wanna do the thing I have to for work, so I'm trying to be distracted elsewhere. But you're all not helping today!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 12:32pm
Hey Ladies,

Lori, Huge hugs to you!! Sounds like you had a really tough weekend. I hope things are getting better.

Laura, Glad the weekend was fun - LOL to you needing a time out - I had a couple hours like that yesterday morning.

Hilarie, Good luck with DH and his diet. Meal planning is going to be little tough for awhile I guess. SO have they called yet?

So I had my mammogram this morning so I got in late, what a mistake!! Today also happens to be the first day of reorgy week ( the cadets and faculty are faculty are back and classes start next week) and it's also the day the plebes (freshman) march back from Camp Buckner so all their parents are all over the place. It took me half an hour to find a parking spot and another 15 minutes to walk in from the spot! I was just about to call it a day and turn around an go home!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 12:57pm
Andrea - wow! You don't have special "employee" parking? What a hassle! How was the mammogram? I'll have to get my first one next year. Yuck.

They didn't call. They got kicked out of the pool from the thunder but it was pretty much over by the time they got done changing. So they rode home. Works for me!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 2:11pm
There is employee parking, but much less available than there are employees. The summer is great because so much of the faculty takes time off parking is a breeze. During the academic year it's miserable if you work in the central area. If your not here by about 7:00 you'll have a bit of a walk. Today was even worse because of all the parents - they took up all of the extra parking that I usually fall back on once the employee stuff is exhausted.

The mammogram was okay - not really too bad (I had heard some horror stories) it was pretty quick and I guess as long as you keep a sense of humor about the whole thing it's fine. Even though I turned 40 last August I had to wait until after I stopped nursing Harry. The Dr informed me I had to wait at least 4 months - I waited about 6.

Glad they made it back from swimming okay.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 7:41pm
Hi all. I hope to start commenting in the near future, but it wont be tonight. I'm just whipped (although I'm hoping to do just a little sewing yet tonight)

I got home last night around 11:15 and finally got to bed around 11:30 or so. Got up this morning and went with my pastor down to see Mom. I was torn on whether or not to stay last night, but since I could get a ride today and at least see that she was ok, I decided to come home. At least I got to see the girls a bit before we left this morning. I hadn't seen them since Friday.
My mom was somewhat better today. My brother and I told them we wanted her taken off the vent yesterday. It wasnt doing anything, so they took it out. The next step was getting the oxygen off (it was bugging her). They took that off too...(She's never had trouble maintaining her blood oxygen) So she was much more content. She was answering a few more questions and trying to talk a bit.
Today she was pretty much fully coherent, but still super tired and slept a lot. But at least she would talk and ask for things and answer us every time.
About a half an hour ago they transferred her back to OSU. They weren't supposed to send her until they had a bed ready, but they couldn't tell us what room she was going to. My aunt is down there and is going to really let them have it if they're not ready for her. Hopefully its all ready.

Hopefully they'll find out more tomorrow...whats the next step and such. I have to work (UGH!!!!) so I wont go back until Weds.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 7:42pm
Hi. I haven't been a very good friend here lately. I am plum worn out. I can't wait for tomorrow to be over! We have Open House tomorrow night.

I have been reading but by the time I type something someone here "needs" something. Actually the other night I had a huge post typed and didn't realize for the longest time it didn't show up. Sigh.

I over slept this morning and couldn't believe it. Hoping for a better day tomorrow!

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 10:19pm
We planned to get the kids to bed early tonight, too, but we ended up watching the Olympics closing ceremony (on DVR). We're officially done with Olympics - whew!

Wendi, good luck with tomorrow. I hope it will all calm down for you after that!

Lori, I'm glad your mom is doing better, more alert, off oxygen, etc. I hope they had a bed for her tonight! Glad your aunt was to be there to keep an eye on things. I'm sure you could get out of work if you needed to - they'd understand! What will you do tomorrow? Just a prep day for the library, or some meetings?

We sold half of Allison's school uniforms tonight. I wanted to sell them as a batch, but I figured half sold is better than none sold.

I've been working tonight. Again. Hopefully not much longer. Maybe 30 minutes or so?

Pages