iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 8-6-12
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 7:23am

Morning.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 7:24am
Wendi, is this is first time staying away from home without you?

SO much to do today. This house is a disaster! And groceries.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 8:04am
Morning All,

Wendi, How long will T be gone? Did you survive the night? It's amazing how quiet it is without the kids around - and how much you can get done.

Lori, So does that mean your Mom's surgery is delayed? How about the meeting with the surgeon? Yay to cleaning out the room!

We had a good weekend - hot though!!! Saturday we got Harry's sandbox together and filled up - they both really like it. Of course we picked one of the hottest days to be hauling sand, but we pulled out the kid pool afterward and cooled down a bit. Yesterday was even hotter plus we had storms in the afternoon but I managed to get two batches of grape jelly made from DH's grapes. It really came out good, but it was hot!!!! I was exhausted by the end of the day. I fell asleep on the couch by about 8:15. I slept great though - straight through till 5 - I don't know when the last time I did that was!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 9:33am
Andrea, that's great you got some jelly made. I really need to try something like that (or canning) sometime! Glad the kids like the new sandbox!

Lori, yeah, I'm wondering if you're all going to talk to the doctor still? Was that today? Glad you got the carpets up. I'm sure that will be nice!

Laura, I'm guessing you already bought fabric, but if not, have you checked out www.littledressupshop.com? They have the best kind of princess dresses - they're stretchy/comfortable (unlike Disney's dresses) and a decent price. Sorry about the friend weirdness - did you ever hear anything? Camping sounds really fun!

Wendi, I hope T is doing well! And that you won't miss him too much! Good luck adjusting to work this week! Does school start next week? And will you be working the same hours T has school (or just a little longer)? So he'll just go/stay with you?

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 9:37am
We had a decent weekend. Friday we just went to dinner then to Epcot where we did some "Agent P missions". They used to be Kim Possible, but they just switched to Agent P, so that was nice. (The kids barely know who Kim Possible is.) You just use a cell phone to go around where they tell you and stop an evil scheme. That's all we managed that night, but it was fun.

Saturday we went to a water park. Good day. Stayed until it started storming about 4:00 - we were ready to leave anyway, so it wasn't a big deal.

Sunday we went to Magic Kingdom. Left about 4:00 (just after it started storming, but we waited for it to be lightly raining before we left).

We didn't push ourselves too hard this weekend, but I was exhausted. I'm sure it's from the diet - adjusting to less calories. I just wanted to sleep. :smileyhappy:

Now we have 3 days' worth of Olympics to catch up on!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 2:00pm
Where are you all today??? (echo....echo....echo....)

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 2:59pm
I'm still here just busy because it's Monday!!

Laura, my SIL just sent me this link about the display at Fort Point. It really describes the exhibit very well - the best part is it's free!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/10/arts/design/art-show-celebrates-75-years-of-the-golden-gate.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 7:00pm
So quiet (even with Andrea's pop-in)! :smileyhappy:

The girls had their first dance classes today. I think they'll get more crowded as people sign up later (like when school starts) - M's class had 2 kids, A's had 3 kids. I'm glad I didn't get them new leotards, etc. yet. I tried but we didn't have time. M's teacher said her existing blue one was fine - but to buy a black one when she goes up a size. A's teacher said she was just fine today. One girl in her class had shorts/t-shirt/tennis shoes on! In dance class! So, I guess they aren't as strict as they led us to believe when we signed up!

I was hoping I might meet parents at dance class, but it seems everyone drops off their kids and comes back to get them after class. Interesting...

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 7:22pm
Hi all.

I love days when my kids are in a good mood. Alexis and I went to the store. Then home to put things away, then we all went to the library and had fun in the car (for once). Now we're home and I really need to get busy! Such a wreck!

Hilarie, glad when they have is good enough for now. I'd hate to invest money and then them not want to do it again... Glad you had a nice weekend.

Andrea, yay for making jam. I dont know that I've ever had homemade grape jam... only strawberry.

Where is Laura today?

Wendi, how is T doing at the inlaws?

My mom's surgery isn't scheduled yet, so I cant really say its delayed. And no, we dont have a time scheduled to meet with the dr yet either. I need to text my aunt to see if they found out anything today. I'm planning on going down tomorrow. We borrowed a self-contained video player from the library to take along. It has Ralph S Mouse, Mouse and the Motorcycle and Runaway Ralph. Hopefully that will keep them entertained.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 8:22pm
Lori, no, actually T stayed one night with the ILs once when DH and I went to a wedding in Kansas City several years ago. But he doesn't remember it so to him this is the first time. We haven't called T yet today so I'll let you know later how it's going! Cool to the video player! I haven't heard of them but I assume they are like the play aways with books. I love them. Hope things went well with your mom today. Have a good trip tomorrow.

Andrea, T will be back next weekend, I expect on Friday, but not for sure. He has a welcome back to school swim Sunday night so I want him back by then. What kind of grapes does DH grow? Does he make wine? The sand box and pool sound awesome!

Hilarie, school does start next week Thursday for us. I work the exact same hours as the kids are allowed in the building without being charged so it is perfect. Doors open at 7:30 and after care starts at 3:30 so those are my hours. I expected to have to stay more or less but I have a very conscientious principal. Your weekend sounds wonderful!

Just had a thought. I wonder how many parents named their twin boys Phineas and Ferb since the show started?

Ooohhhh, it's Monday. Maybe that's why it was crazy at work today. I only finished what was new today, does that make sense? I started returning emails, messages and fax requests then finished the day wrapping them up. Soooo much just popped up all day long.

It still feels odd around here. I kind of have that feeling like I'm missing something or I forgot something. I really missed T today when it was time to tell DH supper was ready. Dog sure doesn't seem to miss him yet. No torture so he's probably glad right now, lol.

Tonight my goal is to tidy up the formal rooms downstairs and maybe the regular living room. I cleaned the downstairs bathroom at lunch today and I hope to vacuum at lunch tomorrow. Someone is bringing T back and it has to look super good. If it was my mom, I wouldn't go to the same amount of trouble.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 10:26pm
Wendi, I hope T is having a good time! LOL at people naming their kids Phineas and Ferb! I would hope not. :smileywink: (I'm not a huge fan of that show, but I really like the one with the backyard beach---its such a catchy tune!)

We borrowed a few movies from the library too (I got Crazy Stupid Love), and Alexis got 4 or 5 music cds. We're loving the library, lol. (Stupid stupid stupid I waited so long!) Oh, and yes, the video player is like a play away only with video. They only had 3 in right now, and the other 2 were greek mythology and america. (You can only take one at a time per family) Its tiny, and they're planning on watcing it together in the car, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm in the process of turning one of Brenna's old and never worn anymore t-shirts into a peasant top. I have the sleeves and hemline done and now need to figure out what to do with the collar since I dont have any elastic. (You do a "lettuce edge" around the sleeves and hem...this is the first time I've done it. Its not easy for sure, but I love the way it turned out. Will be doing this to fancy up more t-shirts for sure!) Its funny, Alexis and I were looking at mens superhero t-shirts at the store today....and I know she's like an avengers one or something like that, but she doesnt want it to look like a men's shirt. So I told her I could do this to it so it looks more girly! :smileywink: Then I need to go to bed. I have a headache (PMS I'm sure) and need sleep before driving to Cbus tomorrow. Ugh! (The church sent me a check for $250 to help with expenses during this time...so thankful and blessed (and kinda guilty we skipped church yesterday...). Just hoping to get the van fixed!)
Photobucket

Pages