iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 9-17-12
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 6:35am

Morning.  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 7:23am
Morning!

Yay to the phone call from your Mom Lori!! Hope you slept well because of it!!

Hilarie, Because of the large Jewish population in the county all of the county schools had yesterday off and she gets next Wednesday off too - Yom Kippur. I think it all depends on the region - growing up we never had any of these holidays off - of course there wasn't exactly a Jewish population where I grew up either. As for the bag/sack thing - I would have gone with bag - must be an East Coast thing, like soda and pop - I have never called in pop in my life!! I thought Bones was great too - what was up with the other FBI Agent picking up the flower out of the trash at the end?

Back to school for Phoebe today even although my parents are still here so they are getting her to the bus and back, plus they'll deliver her to art class this afternoon - saves me trip home and back - Yay!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 8:27am
Morning.

Andrea, nice your parents can do that for you today. We dont get any Jewish holidays off here either.

Hilarie, I was going to comment on the bag/sack thing too...I would have said bag. I dont ever hear people say sack.

So how many of you say soda and how many say pop? We say pop here.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 9:44am
Laura, DH has to renew his certification to sign Hazardous Waste manifests. The class is being given by DLA (Defense Logistics Agency) who have their headquarters in Columbus.
Fingers crossed the dog's okay.

Lori, Have the cats come through yet???

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 11:15am
No evidence from the cats yet, but I'm not hearing anything in my room anymore either. I can only hope it went back outside, but I'm sure not holding my breath. Sigh...

Laura, glad you and your cousin had a nice time catching up. Hope its nothing with the dog!

My brother said they're hoping to transfer my mom today. Someone from each facility (I think there are 2) is supposed to come talk to my mom and bro. Not sure how they're going to decide where to send her, since we havent seen either. I'm hoping for one location over the other, but I just want her to go to the best place.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 1:43pm
Lori, that's great that your mom called and sounded good! I hope the move goes well and that the place she goes to will treat her better than ICU!!!

I grew up saying "pop". When I was working at Arctic Circle (fast food), I asked a guy what kind of pop he wanted with his combo and there was a lot of confusion. He was from Boston and had never heard "pop" before! After that, I started saying "soda". I don't know why I say "sack" - I'm pretty sure everyone says "bag". Maybe it was the Seinfeld "stuff your sorry in a sack" thing. :smileyhappy:

Andrea, that's great that your parents can help. DH's thing doesn't sound all that interesting!

Laura, I hope the dog is okay. Nice your cousin could make it on his way through! Too bad he's not seeing much, though.

Nothing thrilling here. It's raining, and I think maybe supposed to rain all afternoon? Not sure if it will be bad enough to get swimming cancelled, though. Oh, I ran 20 minutes straight this morning! I'm sure that doesn't sound overly impressive, but I think it's the first time I have in the past many years. Even when c25k told me to, I think I've always had to walk part of the way. This morning, I wanted to die about minute 17, but I told myself 3 minutes was nothing and to just keep running. (Now I have "just keep swimming" from Nemo in my head. Great.)

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 2:00pm
Laura, The class is three days - Monday and Friday are travel days. I agree not the most exciting thing - especially when he's taken it multiple times before!!!

Hilarie - It's raining here too - actually we're under a tornado watch, they've already cancelled all after school activities, I'll have to check and see in Phoebe still has art class?

Lori, Will your Mom be closer once she's transferred?

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 6:32pm
Hilarie, so glad to hear you had a great weekend! Great job on the run!

Lori, eeeeekkk to the mouse! I don't blame you for worrying about it! Yay for your mom calling! How wonderful she's doing so well! Hope she can be closer soon.

Andrea, so nice to have your parents around. Are they heading back home after they drop off Phoebe? Wasn't sure how long they were there. Wow to canceling all after school activities! But from what I heard last time there was a tornado up your way, you don't get them as often as we do, right?

Laura, we were told to get the kennel cough shot every six months now. I wonder if it's becoming more epidemic or something. What a nice visit with your cousin!

Seriously, I never knew anyone Jewish until about 10 years ago. My boss from back then is Jewish and as part of our business we had lots of orders for things to be done in Hebrew. It was very fascinating to me.

I don't know what I say, bag or sack, when talking everyday. We say both so neither is odd to me. I tend to think sacks are like plastic grocery sack and bags are like paper bags. I even asked T and that's what he said. But I think bag is what I would say in a more formal way. That's funny because it's opposite of Hilarie!

We say soda. I've heard my grandma say sodie and MIL says sodie pop.

Ahh, a bit of a quiet afternoon. We rescheduled violin but T thought I canceled it completely. It was a bit of a good scare for him. He hasn't been practicing so the teacher is strongly suggesting he learn an easier instrument not knowing he hasn't been practicing. But I want him to stick with it and now I think he does too. Guess we'll see.

Soccer is tonight. Our first game of the season. Hope it's fun. Yeah, I'm excited.

Not much else going on. It's kind of nice. I haven't brought work home in quite a while, but what I need to work on I can't bring home. So that's been good. I need to watch my Scout Leader Training video. It keeps cutting out on me every time I watch it. But every time I watch it I get a little further along. One time I figure I'll finally get to finish it.

I opened the windows this afternoon. Oh, man, is the weather awesome! It's only 67, was in the 40s this morning, and I haven't heard the air conditioner turn on in days!

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 7:06am
Morning All, Well, no tornadoes yesterday although we did lose power for a few hours last night - although the generator worked great again - Yay!!! Of course last night Phoebe also spiked a fever motrin brought it down and she said she felt fine - just tired, I'm letting her stay home today since my parents are still here (she wasn't awake when I left) they can't stay all day so I'll head home at lunch. At least they were here!! I'll call home in a bit to see whether she still has fever this morning. I'm hoping it's the same thing Harry had last week just a milder version.

Laura, Glad to hear that if it is kennel cough it's easily treatable. Was it through the PTA that you submitted those grants last year?

Hilarie - wow to 20 minutes!! I don't think I could do it - although I have an ankle like Laura's I can walk forever but running sets it off.

Wendi, You're right we only get tornado watch once in a blue moon - I imagine you guys get them a lot!! How was the soccer game - did T have fun?

Lori - Did your Mom get transferred yesterday?

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 8:16am

Laura, what do they do at a PTA convention? (I just can't picture it.) I'm glad Tess' treatment should be quick/easy!

Wendi, LOL at T getting scared into practicing violin! How did the soccer game go? Does he play one position or move around all the time?

Andrea, glad your parents were still there to stay home with Phoebe - at least half a day. I hope she's feeling better by now!

Yeah, Lori, did your mom get transferred? How far away is she?

I'm so tired today. The cat woke me up really early and I didn't have a lot of luck getting back to sleep. (I eventually drifted off, but just enough to make me really groggy.)

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 9:23am
Well, Phoebe woke up with a mild fever - about 100 so better than last night, she says she feels fine otherwise.

Laura, Creepy about the phone call from school!