iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 9-17-12
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 6:35am

Morning.  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 8:54am
Well, I guess I'm glad to know that we're not the only ones who just pile stuff. I'm trying to get my counters cleared off (and keep them clean), so I'm looking for other solutions. Maybe I'll try a file box (I have one that's not being used) and hopefully we won't put anything in there and forget to look at it in a timely manner. :smileyhappy:

Lori, have fun with the girls tonight for Livi's party. And yay for her goal! Any news on your mom's situation or how she's feeling?

Laura, that air quality chart looks awful. I guess it's good that they cancelled recess! Ugh - here's wishing you some rain soon!!!

Wendi, sorry soccer wasn't great. I hope the next game goes better. Yuck to the lice!!!!!!

Andrea, I hope your day goes smoothly today and DH makes it home in a timely manner. I'm sure you'll be relieved to be back to "normal"!

Work, work, work here again. I have a lot to do, plus more than I planned since someone is begging for some other work asap. Hopefully I can stay focused and get it all done today.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 8:58am
Last night I went to Target for a couple of returns and to buy a gift for a boy in Allison's class (party tomorrow). Well, I walked by the camera that I've been drooling over for months now (similar to my point-n-shoot, but I'm guessing this one doesn't smoke when the flash goes off - plus it has a 12x optical zoom!) - well it was on clearance for $168 (retail is $270, but I see it on amazon all the time for $220-ish). Well, that sure caught my attention! Turned out it was the floor model, but they said 45 day return policy, so that seems enough time to figure out if anything is wrong with it. But the guy couldn't find his tool to remove it from the "testing" stands (you know, how they're attached), and we had to get to swimming, so I didn't get it. Maybe I'll go back today and see.... Oh, and I talked him into a 5% off discount, but if someone else is there today, I'll try to up it to 10%. :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 11:14am
Morning all, This morning was better - but by the time I get Phoebe on the bus, Harry dropped off, find parking and walk into the office it's 9:00!! I'm used to getting here at 6:30! Oh well, makes for a short day!! I haven't heard from DH yet, but his plane landed in Newark about an hour ago so he should be on his way back by now - it's about an hour and a half from the airport as long as traffic is okay.

Lori, Sounds like you'll have a busy evening -is Livi looking for ward to it?

Laura, What and awful report!!! We had fires here about ten years ago and it was awful. Is there any rain forecast?

Hilarie, Good luck on the work - I must admit the last couple of days have been pretty productive around here.

Wendi - ewww to the lice!!! Phoebe had a couple of warning over the summer at camp so I kept using that lice repel shampoo - I figure every little bit helps!!! Hope soccer goes better next time.

Tomorrow is the West Point yard sales so I'll be meeting up with a friend to go - DH gets the kids for a bit!!!! The spring sales are usually a bit better because a lot of people move then, but the fall always has some treasures. Phoebe's new thing is legos so I'm hoping to score some - usually someone has them.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 8:59pm
Laura, glad you made it to the convention. So, the state convention only had 41 people show up this morning?? That doesn't seem very good, attendance-wise.

Andrea, I hope DH made it home safely and easily. And that you had a good time at the garage sale today and scored some good deals!

Lori, you out there?? I hope the birthday party went well.

I got the camera, but I didn't get a discount. Because (after they finally found the tool and got it off the stand) it turns out they had 3 in the store, so they didn't sell me the floor model after all. Sheesh! Of course, with tax, I only saved about $12 over the cheapest price I've seen on Amazon. So, not as great a deal as I had planned. Oh, well. I really did need a better (non-smoking) camera, so I guess I'm glad it finally made me pull the trigger. But I had to order my memory card from Amazon, so I can't even use it until next week! (They had some, but they weren't "quick-writing", and it really bothers me when there's a camera delay from the card writing too slowly. Plus, the card was only $13 online, which was cheaper than the lower-quality ones they had at Target!)

Allison attended a classmate's birthday party today. Megan bawled and screamed that she couldn't come, too. Sheesh - she doesn't know the kid (or anyone). Plus, she already has an invitation to a party for next weekend. Allison (and everyone) had fun at the party. I had planned to leave and go shopping, but none of the other parents left (really??), so I stayed. Had a nice chat with a mom I've talked to a couple of times - and she even asked for my number (her oldest is in 2nd grade, and they moved here mid-last-school year, so we have a lot in common). So I guess I'm glad I stayed....

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 6:28pm
Laura, I don't think cards make cameras faster than they're made to be. BUT a bad card will slow down a camera. So maybe your camera is slower than it needs to be because of the card? I was shooting for a class 6 card (30MB/sec), but ended up finding a class 10 for the same price. Hopefully it works well.

Weird that they planned church outside with all the smoke! You'd think they'd reschedule it or move it indoors. I hope you found something fun to do.

Just heard about girl scouts (Daisies) for Allison, but it's not the leader I was hoping for. (One mom from M's troop is going to be leading Daisies, and her younger daughter is in Allison's class.) So I emailed to ask if that was an option. Also because it's on Monday nights and we already have dance Monday nights.

Oh, and I'm also signing up the girls for the same cheerleading that Megan did last year. But only if they can do it together. I refuse to go to two practices per week, plus two games on Saturday. Won't do it. So, hopefully they'll be put on the same team or we can get our money back. (It's online sign-up, but I already emailed the woman to say they need to be together.)

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 6:35pm
Hi all.

Hilarie, sorry you didnt get the good discount on the camera, but yay for getting a new one. Sorry Megan threw such a fit. My girls are used to going separate ways now.

Laura, I'm surprised they'd have church outside with the smoke as bad as its been. Glad the convention was good.

Andrea, did you find legos? How was dh's trip?

Its been a crazy busy weekend and I've been stressed with a headache, so I havent felt much like posting.
Friday night was the game...it rained on us a bit but not too bad. Then home. I found out Alexis caught 3 of the girls in her room at 2:30 am playing an accordion. Ugh! At least soccer was cancelled Saturday morning.
I went to see my mom. She's doing really good, but I was so POd at her care. There were 2 disposable absorbent pads and one washable one just thrown on the bottom of her bed. Her sheet was all stained (something had leaked) and had blood on it from a raw spot on her elbow. Same with her pillowcases. She is in semi-isolation, so you have to wear those stupid paper gowns, and the trash cans were overflowing. We took my mom for a walk around campus...it was so nice to get her outside. I thought maybe they'd take the chance to change her bedding, but nope. So then we went for a walk around the nurses station (she was in a wheelchair outside but walking inside), and I wouldnt let them put her back to bed until they cleaned things up and put clean sheets/pillowcases on the bed. She had some dumb "kid with the hair" for her PCA, and I swear he would hide as to not have to deal with patients. We heard him tell another nurse that he took some lady's temp and it was up----about 20 minutes ago. But he just got around to telling him now. I left with a horrible stress headache.
Today was church and Livi's family party. Everyone is gone except Ali's boyfriend.

I'm going to bet my blood pressure is high. I was borderline the last time I had it checked (cant remember why), but I just think that might be why I'm having so many headaches. I really need to get on this...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 6:36pm
Oh, but 2 elders from the church are going to put up the money to buy my mom's house so we dont have to wait for the church to go through all the steps. I'm hoping with a letter of intent, they'll approve the medicaid and get her moved. (They'll buy it as soon as we can get it done.)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 6:54pm
Lori, that's such good news that the elders are going to move forward with the process, before the church can get to it. Wow - how awesome! I hope that will get your mom moved quickly and get her improved care. That's so hard to have to see your mom in that situation. :smileysad:

Pages