Daily Chatter 9-3-12
Mon, 09-03-2012 - 9:10am

Morning.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Re: Daily Chatter 9-3-12
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 8:57pm
Andrea, they sit at tables? Or their desks are arranged into tables? Glad she's happy now!

Hilarie, I would suggest watching the movie first. The book is SO much better, so watch the movie first so you wont be disappointed. :smileywink: (Seriously!) They dont develop relationships, and you cant hear what she's thinking in the movie.

My mom is still in ICU as far as I know, but yesterday my brother said the dr is pleased with her progress. He said its going to be a long process, so patience will be a must. It would just be nice if she could be closer---well enough to come to the nursing home.

And I find this odd, but my dad is the one going to visit her tomorrow. Wonder if my step-mom knows??? :smileytongue:

I'm heading to bed already. So very tired. And I really have nothing planned for tomorrow, and I dont really care this week. Must do better in the future.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 9:36pm
Andrea, those are much sunnier, beachier photos. :smileyhappy: That's great that Phoebe has a friend there! I think Megan is struggling with a completely new group of kids this year. I mean, just not having someone she clicks with.

Lori, glad the dr. is pleased with your mom's healing. I hope it goes quickly. I'm sure she'd love to be closer to you, too (and home)!

We got good news in a work email tonight. (One of those general ones - glad I read it!) Because Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve are on Mondays - and we get off at 1:00 those days - they switched it and gave us the full days off on both days!!! Woohoo! (My work never ADDS benefits, so this is cool!) So that means two 4-day weekends in a row to end the year. Nice.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 9:45pm
Andrea, I love the pictures! So glad you all had a good time. Yay for a successful first day, even if it started out slow.

Hilarie, I prefer to watch the movies first so I'm not so disappointed when I read the book. Did the girls go to the Girl Scout Meeting?

Lori, thanks for the update on your mom. Is she still in ICU then? Wow.

Laura, yay to Calla making a new friend!

Thanks for you all saying goalie is kind of boring. I explained it to T and he is now fine on defense. I don't think he's too into getting pushed around, as some did yesterday, but he'd rather have a chance to be out running around. So that's passed.

Tomorrow looks to be a busy day, as are all Fridays, but I'll be glad it's here. We will be busy all weekend. T will even miss soccer on Saturday.

We will be going to the auction for the estate of DH's uncle, who passed away in January so unexpectedly. I want to go, for family sake, but I don't want to be out there, with so many people (we hope), with so much the kids can't touch and in a place the kids have been allowed to run wild while getting things sorted and set up. And it will probably be hot. Must find a bright side to this.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 6:56am
Morning,

Lori, The desks are arranged into tables - think she said there are 5? with 4 per table. Glad to hear the DR thinks your Mom is healing well - now your Mom just needs to keep her spirits up long enough to notice the improvement.

Hilarie, I would definitely read the book first. My brother gave me the movie for my birthday, but I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet - maybe this weekend?

Wendi, good luck with the auction this weekend. Glad T is happy playing defense instead of goalie.

Laura, Has Lacey always been tough to get or has it just started recently?

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 7:01am
Morning.

Having a bit of a rough morning. I didnt sleep well at all. I took melatonin and went to sleep on time, but cant seem to stay asleep. I'm really dizzy this morning. I havent ever felt this way. I had to hold on to things to make it to the bathroom, and then almost fell in the shower. Crazy!

Laura, wow at Calla wanting to go to bed so early. My kids are asking to stay up later, but I've had to wake them up every morning, so I dont think they're ready yet.

Hilarie, yay for getting more time off! We get paid for Thanksgiving and the day after, but not Christmas Eve or New Years Eve...seems funny.

Wendi, hope today isn't too busy. Hope the auction goes well.

I think I'm going to let the older kids play games today (reading based...I got a new one from the book sale (not book fair)...they give me free stuff based on how many things they sell to the teachers, and this time I requested the game). They can also play scrabble or apples to apples or something like that.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 10:29am
Wendi, yes, the girls came to the meeting. They actually had all the kids go across the hall to another room with an older girl who did some songs and coloring, etc. during our meeting.

Good luck with the auction. It doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but hopefully it will go well!

Lori, the dizziness sounds disturbing! I hope it went away and you're surviving work today!!

Work, work, work here. Glad it's Friday! Tomorrow is our 11th anniversary. No plans, but we might go to IKEA. I know - a thrill a minute here! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 10:48am
Lori, Sorry about the rough morning, do you think it has anything to do with AF coming early?

Hilarie - At least you do something for your anniversary, I'm lucky if DH even acknowledges it. We'll hit 13 years in October.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 2:54pm
Well, I wouldn't say we're doing it "for our anniversary", but it is better than nothing. I think we're both hoping to hit Pizzeria Uno while we're down there, though. They have really good salads (as we both discovered on our last trip to Disney), and that sounds just perfect!

Allison's teacher sent a picture today of everyone wearing "spirit wear" (school shirt) in the class - there were 9 kids, plus her. It's really cute! (They're supposed to wear it every Friday. I mean, not like they have to, but there are chances for prizes if you do wear it on a Friday.) I like that her teacher sends pictures every now and again!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-08-2012 - 12:03pm
We were getting ready for the 2-hour drive to IKEA when DH said, "pack two outfits, book a hotel, we're going to Disney". Cool. Took forever to get out, but we're on the road now. Just one night away - nothing too serious. Happy anniversary to us! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-08-2012 - 12:46pm
Howdy.

Hilarie, yay for the impromptu anniversary trip. Have fun!

Laura, sorry about the smoke. Thanks for the crock pot link...I'll have to try some of those!

We're not at the fair. :smileysad: It was raining when we got up, so we went out for breakfast. Its clear-ish right now, but more rain is supposedly coming. My dad and aunt just left to go home. We're just chillin'. (Literally---its in the 60s. Love it!)

The dizziness went away yesterday. Not sure what was up with that. I've felt fine since.

Went to half the football game last night. Our team is really bad this year. :smileysad:
Photobucket

Pages