Daily Chit Chat 11/23

iVillage Member
Daily Chit Chat 11/23
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 6:39am

Morning.

Serena, sorry about the tough situation.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 8:53am

Hi everyone-

I'm going to try to keep up with your big long chat thread. I started last week-but only made it 4 posts in...hopefully I'll do better this week & I'll catch up with everything that you all are doing in your lives.

This morning I have to finish my cleaning, go to Calla's "Family Feast" at 11:20, and then pick up MIL at the airport at 12:30. I'm delighted that her flight time was pushed back though so now DH can join us at the feast. All of the preschool moms are going out for a beer tonight & I am not planning to join them since it's MILs 1st night intown-but if she's tired & goes to bed early I might run out & join them. I have my fingers crossed for that.

And-just a reminder to everyone that if you are cooking a turkey it's probably time to take it out of the freezer & into the fridge! (That's something I usually forget to do...)

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 1:35pm

Hey all!

Laura! Nice to see you visit the thread! Is MIL in town for Thanksgiving? I hope you get to go out tonight. Give her a glass of wine with dinner and maybe she will get sleepy early... ;) hee, hee.

Lori, I hope subbing went well today and the kids didn't give you too hard of a time.

Whistler was AWESOME!! It was beautiful there! It snowed a lot while we were there and snow was hanging on the trees thick! I will have to share some pictures. Everyone went snowboarding on Saturday while I rested in the morning and then went shopping in the village until they were done snowboarding. It was so relaxing... although I kept waking up in the middle of the night thinking I heard the kids yelling for me. ;) You can just never really detach yourself fully, can you.

I am so glad that it is a short week this week. I can't wait to get a few things done at the house.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 1:36pm

Hi, Laura!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 4:16pm

Ahhhhh, home.

Laura, welcome!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 4:46pm

Lori, I think it would be really hard to substitute teach.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 4:52pm

Hilarie, I think everyone needs a hobby and a release, and hockey seems to be a good one for you.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 5:50pm

Not sure trying to get in on this thread while MIL is here is a good idea-I feel rude being on the computer-but oh well...

Lori-glad the subbing went well. I am NOT a good teacher & think it takes a special person to teach anything at all. Good luck with the percentages. I have a math brain so for me that sounds great-however diagramming sentences or spelling would be the end of me!

Hilarie-it's hard to know how to get happy. I hope you have success with that soon. I get into a rut & really struggle to get out. I found that I always get sad when I listen to too much country music. Not sure why that is-but as soon as I change my music I get over it. Hope you find what will help you out. Sometimes advice from mom just makes things worse too...

Kristi-I sooo want to go to Whistler. That's high on my priority list of places I want to visit. Someday we'll get there. DH & I have been saying that we need a trip to Seattle & Vancouver sometime soon. And when the Bachelorette took the train trip to Banff last season I decided that needs to be on my list of things to do too. Someday!

Well-guess I should go be social.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 6:42pm

Laura, Do you still work? I just saw on your profile that you are a bridge engineer? Wow, I kind of feel inferior talking to you, you smart lady... ;) What an exciting profession to be in! What area in Montana are you in - west, east, central??? I TOTALLY changed my music from country to something else because it was totally making me depressed. I have a wonderful husband but he is NOT romantic. I listen to all these songs and think, "why can DH be a little more like that". So not healthy for me or him... ;)

Lori, glad that subbing went well. Usually the teacher has something laid out for you so you don't have to teach. They don't expect you to "teach" them anything. I think they would rather do that themselves because the have a certain technique. At least that is what the teachers do here.

Hilarie, I agree, you need to do hockey if that is something that you enjoy and need. If the girls are happy with going to grandmas for the night and don't mind, then I don't see why. Maybe your MIL is tired of it... ? ;)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 7:07pm

LOL Laura at being on the computer while MIL is there.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 8:25pm

I still work a little bit. My company is in Denver & they have a lot of stimulus work-however the state has been slow in getting the work to the companies to do the work. They have said, "You will have this work" but then they haven't given it to them. So-I wait. Which is fine. I took all summer off so haven't done much since May. I am in Missoula, MT which is the Western part of the state. I do love it here! I never could figure out why the country music made me so sad-very strange how that happened.

And-I do get along ok with my MIL-just that she's here for 8 days this trip & that is a bit too long for me. I never quite know what to expect with her either. My FIL passed away 7 years ago & some things set her off & then she gets upset & acts strange for the rest of the trip. So I feel like I'm on eggshells around her & then something happens & the rest of the visit is stressful.

Lori-that's great about how everyone likes you. I think being a sub would be terribly hard-but I remember we had one favorite one that we all loved. She always let us play "Thumbs up 7-Up".

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

Pages