Daily Chit Chat 12/14
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 7:31am

Morning.

I'm soooo tired.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 9:50am

Lori-I hope you are feeling better soon! No good to feel crummy at this time of year. Any chance you could print the pictures yourself? I know the quality isn't as high-but sometimes it works...

We had a crazy busy weekend. I'm exhausted from it all. I don't do busy very well & it stresses me out. DH's office party was Friday night & we had fun & the girls were great for the sitter. That always makes it easier. But something I ate didn't agree with my tummy & I felt off all weekend long-so did DH so I assume it was something from there. Yesterday we got about 8" of light fluffy beautiful snow! So pretty-but made getting ready for church even crazier since DH had to shovel-of course Calla "helped" and it took twice as long.

The best part was that I finished my work on Saturday evening & not sure if I have anything else to do now. I kind of hope I'm all done. ;) But tried to talk to my boss yesterday & couldn't get ahold of him so I'm not sure.

Have a good week everyone!

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 11:39am

Laura, I bet the snow is beautiful. Yay for finishing your work.

Lori, I hope you feel better quickly. I agree, no sickies for Christmas! For pictures, if you're giving them in frames, I would just print from home. I had to do that for Halloween and you can hardly tell once it's behind glass. Do you have coupon codes for online? I'm sure you do but I just wanted to check anyway!

Hilarie, I'm glad you got the stroller. I'm sorry I forgot to offer my help sooner. At least it all worked out.

I couldn't post yesterday at all. Everytime I clicked reply it would just sit and not do anything. I hope that doesn't happen for the post-off.

I thought I had a drs appt today. Then the phone rings and it's the reminder call for my appt Wednesday. Geez, Wendi.

I have one more gift to buy and one gift card and then I think I'm finished! Nope, make that two gifts, I keep forgetting my Goddaughter.

Lori and Kari (anyone else), what is cool for 12yo girls? Sigh. Maybe it's time to switch to just gift cards?

Wendi

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 12:00pm

Good morning girls!

We had a fabulous weekend!! DH and I finished our Christmas shopping on Saturday and went out to a nice dinner. It was lovely. I also ended up baking on Saturday and all day Sunday. I made oatmeal cranberry/white choc./pecan cookies, choc. mint cookies, and cookie cut outs with almond in it. Liam and Jake helped with the cut out cookies. Liam did all the stamping and putting it on the tray. He did so good! I was impressed. The boys ate more frosting (mostly Jake) than what they put on the cookies. ;) It was good. Liam told me at the end of the day that it was his "Best day ever!" ;) It was too cute.

It snowed all day Sunday. We only got about an 1 1/2 inch of snow here but it is suppose to continue today and up to 3" tonight... then it is suppose to warm up. When we do get snow, it doesn't last long. That is good in some ways, but sad in others. I just love to see the snow out there on the ground.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 2:01pm

I'm back from town.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 2:22pm

Ugh, the mud would be terrible to deal with. I wish we could send some of our cold temps your way and just freeze the ground. That would be better than snow, right? ;)

Lori, two words... Neti Pot. ;) I hope you don't get sick. So far so good I have dodged Jake's nasty head cold. Lets just cross our fingers that no one else brings home a nasty cold.

I am not sure what I am going to do. I need advice. The friend of mine that has the DH home with the H1N1 for over a week is having a Tupperware party on Thursday. I was planning on going, but I really don't want to go to her house and possibly be exposed to it. Her DH is hopefully back at work today, but who's to say that her children don't have it. Should I just order something from the catalog and make up some stupid excuse (she may get offended if I tell her it is because she has sick people in the house) or should I just go... but then I feel bad if I don't eat or drink anything that she has. I don't want to offend her, but on the other hand, I need to look out for me and my baby. What should I do?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 3:05pm

How is it that I just read these posts and yet retained zero information other than Laura and Lori aren't feeling well and Wendi can't remember her doctor's appointments? Ugh.

Oh, Kristi, I wouldn't feel bad at all about not going to your friend's house. The bug is still probably floating around in there. You have to look out for yourself and the baby.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 3:16pm

LOL, pregnancy brain already, huh? ;)

That is part of the reason that DH stayed home from church with the boys (I was in the nursery so I went anyway). Liam plays with their children there and I really didn't want Liam around them. I just want a week to go by so that I know that their kids are going to be fine. They are not a family that would tell you not to come over because someone is sick. They are always sick, it seems.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 3:49pm

Kristi, I wouldnt go.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 4:03pm
Oh, and I forgot to say...Kristi, I keep meaning to check into getting a Neti Pot, then every time I go to the store I forget.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 4:08pm

Hmmmm, I would have to think on that, Lori. Maybe send an e-mail out to a couple of people that are creative that have kids in that class to throw some ideas around. We have a Science teacher that is in our High School that taught my Mom and me. I don't think he will be there by the time Liam gets there... but I LOVED him! I think making a scrap book is a great idea. Maybe talking to the kids and have them write a little something about why they like the teacher so much (include the older students who have had him in the past too) and add it to your scrap book. It would be kind of a tribute to the years of teaching. Every teacher LOVES to hear from his students and how they encouraged, influenced them.

Where is Hilarie and Serena today? Hilarie, did you get any snow this weekend?

Photobucket

Pages