Daily Chit Chat 1/25
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 6:50am

Morning.

Kari, glad the party went well.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 7:48am

Ainsley was so funny this morning. She thought she'd grown since she was older and insisted she didn't need the step stool to reach the sink anymore. Except that she was about to spit toothpaste onto the edge of the counter when she decided maybe she still needed the step stool after all LOL!

Connor and Luke's birthdays are tomorrow I believe. We know two other people that share a bday with Ainsley though - Alex's best friend and one of DH's friends.

If you think it's odd that I'm on the board now it's because school was cancelled again. We missed last Friday because of freezing rain/icy conditions and we're closed today due to flooding. There are a few areas, one on my way to school, that are low-lying and prone to flooding and we got a TON of rain last night and it's still coming down. The recorded message we got saying that school was closed said that some of the schools would be used as emergency shelters. What a weird way to get a four-day weekend. We still have two built-in "snow days" left.

Ainsley's preschool is in the city (we're county) and isn't even

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 9:10am

Kari-That is darling about not needing the stool anymore. Calla said today she's going to go ask Miss Edie (her teacher last year) if she can tell that she looks older. ;) I love what their minds come up with. Glad you have a 4 day weekend too.

Lori-Sorry about your poor sleep. Ugh. And very cool about the skills practice for the b-ball team. That should be great.

Busy day here. I need to get motivated as the sitter will be here in just over an hour. Of course I had to waste a little time before I could really get going. Fingers crossed that school goes well. I haven't been the parent helper since the 1st week of school! (DH did it in October & then with his mom in November) A LOT has changed since then & one of the little boys that was a monster was not invited back to school after Christmas (the last time DH was parent helper he spit on my MIL & swore at DH). I've heard class has been a ton better this year. Well-off I go...

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 10:40am

Lori, are you and the other mom teaching the skills clinic? I think that is so wonderful that someone is taking the initiative to help the girls. What a beautiful picture on your blog.

Kari, yay for being off school. Is Alex home with you today? Do you have any big plans for your day off?

Laura, good luck today in the classroom. Is Lacey going with you?

Happy Birthday, Calla and Ainsley! I can't believe we are to the big number five already.

Which leads me to kindergarten. This week we will get the preregistration packet for next year, due in

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 10:51am

Have fun helping out at school Laura!

Lori, this whole table saga sounds majorly annoying. Have you tried contacting someone higher up to vent your frustration? If nothing else, just to make you feel better.

Here's a picture of Ainsley blowing out her candle on her cake. She got so excited she blew out the candle right after we started singing "Happy Birthday" to her! I lit it again so she could blow it out after we'd finished singing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucketteachers.gif image by karileighthsew.gif image by karileigh

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 11:15am

Good morning everyone!

Sorry you guys have to use another "snow" day Kari!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 11:25am

Ahhh, I now feel like I'm back on top of things.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 11:29am

Wendi, Alex is at MIL's house playing with the

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 12:31pm
Kari, I think Alex looks adorable in that hat, even if it is "messed up".

winter.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 12:34pm

Kari, nice to have you here today!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-25-2010 - 1:07pm

While looking around on DH's facebook page I found this picture from Ainsley's 4th birthday party:

Photobucket

Wearinga

Photobucket

Pages