Daily Chit Chat 2/1
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 7:03am

Morning.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 9:29am
Good Morning Everyone,
Sorry I've been out of the loop for awhile. It looks like I've been suffering from the same thing a lot of you have. I ended up at the Dr last week with a sinus infection that wouldn't go away, I'm finally better, but now Phoebe seems to have caught it. Fortunately hers is not too bad.
I'll try to keep up on what's going on.
Winter 09 siggy

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 10:25am

My Monday was off to a great start. Calla got up at 6:20 & started to argue with me. The first words out of her mouth...UGH!!! I sent her back to her room until she could come out & be nice. She wasn't happy about that-but I don't really care. She's a little better now but I sure can't wait to leave her at school today!!!

Lori-Glad Maddy slept last night. That makes life a little easier.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 10:50am

Andrea, glad you're feeling better.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 12:19pm

Good morning all!

Our weekend was fantastic... other than the sleepless nights because of Jake. *sigh* We went to the wave pool on Saturday with our friends and it was AWESOME! It only cost $2.50 per person and Jake was free. They had a huge wave pool with two big water slides for the adults, a preschool pool, a toddler pool and then some kids slides, spray guns to squirt people in the pools, etc... the kids had a blast and I think we may go a few more times with the kids before the baby is born.

Laura, sorry that Calla was so difficult this last weekend. Hopefully she will snap out of it now that DH is home. Isn't it nice that they can't tell time yet. ;) I do the same thing to Liam when I have a bad day.

Lori, Sorry that Maddy is not feeling well. I HATE croup!! I was thinking Liam was going to get it this last cold but he never did. I sometimes open his window during the night and put an extra blanket on him. The colder the better... or just do what Laura said with the freezer, LOL. What kind of sauce did you use for the pizza. That sounds yummy!

Wendi, yay that DH fixed the dishwasher for you!

Hilarie, good for you to do P90X after Hockey late at night! Keep it up, girl!! Glad you had a good weekend with Allison. Sounds like you had fun.

Kari, I would also get a second opinion on Alex's wrist. I broke my pinky in 5th grade and the Dr. didn't know what he was doing and it is SO crooked. You guys would freak if you saw it.

Andrea, Hi! Sorry that you got a sinus infection. I hope Phoebe feels better soon.

Hi, Tammy!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 12:33pm

Laura, Don't you hate it when they wake up in a bad mood - just sets the tone for the day. Hopefully things will get better. By the way I totally appreciated the reference to the North Dakota run at the ski slope, I lived there for 4 years - Grand Forks, the heart of the flattest spot in North Dakota. I was even lucky enough to be there for the flood in 97.

Lori, I hope Maddy starts feeling better, it always amazes me how kids can tolerate colds so much better than adults. The chicken pizza sounds good, although somehow when I get a real pizza craving I want pepperoni.

Kristi, The wave pool sounds awesome. I wish there was something like that around here.

Winter 09 siggy

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 12:37pm

Just a quick post today

I was wondering if I can hit you guys up for some p&pts please. An ambulance was at my sis' house sat and I'm only starting to find out bits and pieces of why now.. They are claiming that my nephew had a bad allergic reaction to some medication but it sounds more like an attempt at...well you know :( He's only 13 and this makes me so sad. He's a wonderful wonderful young man and while I haven't gotten any real answers yet on if what I suspect is the truth, but the way my mom was leading on i'm pretty sure i'm right. (she never outright said anything and i never asked but it's just the way the conversation flowed that gave me the impression). I need to phone my sis today and see how things are going. My nephew is alright thankfully, but goodness... i don't even have words right now... I just want to hug him and tell him how much I love him....but for now i'm off to go hug my own kids and tell them the same!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 1:10pm

Oh, no, Tammy! I can't imagine what your family is feeling right now about it all. You feel so helpless because there is not much you can do. It is far too common for (boys especially) at that age. I watched something on t.v. talking about how boys are more susceptible to suicide in their teenage years. Sooo sad. Prayers to your family that your nephew can get the help that he needs to get out of this depression or feeling of despair.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 1:16pm

Tammy, I'm so sorry.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 1:26pm

Tammy, that's so scary!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 1:33pm

Hilarie, if you ever want to go on your way to your hockey tournament on Easter week, it is just across the Canadian border in Surrey, B.C. (on your way to Vancover). Totally worth the stop if you have your kids with you. I can give you more info if you want.

Yay for getting Megan's party underway. I hope that everything pulls together. DH will be there to help you, right? I can't imagine supervising all those kids by myself. I have to start planning Liam's cake and inviting the people. I can't believe how fast it is sneaking up on us.

I have my Dr. apt tomorrow. I am so excited to hear the heart rate again (to confirm my theory of having a girl). ;) And, I get to set the C Section date! Then we have our tax apt. after that and Lost premier is on tomorrow night!! What a busy day!

Photobucket

Pages