Daily Chit Chat 2/15

iVillage Member
Daily Chit Chat 2/15
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 1:07am

Hey, look - I'm starting the thread.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 8:01am

Hilarie, yay for Disney! I'm so excited for you. Good luck with work.

Laura, that's so cool the guy is from Montana. I just watched him on the Today show.

Lori, have fun today. I bet you all are going to have a great time!

Kari, good luck at school today. It's got to be rough going back after so much time off. We'll miss you!

We've had 2" of snow so far this morning.

I've already had a crazy morning. DH went in late again. He's working for a guy who wanted the weekend off. He still had to get up early to do his regular stuff from home.

I finally fell back asleep after that and had the wildest dream. In my dream I got up, made coffee

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 8:23am

Morning.

Gotta get outta here.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 9:23am

Morning everyone! Sooo happy to have DH home for an extra day this weekend. Ahhhh!!! Like a mini vacation. Hopefully I'll go downstairs & work on some continuing education for my license. Ugh. I hate it & I have to have 30 hours every 2 years (by the end of June) and I only have 5 hours done. They are sooo expensive to do when your employer doesn't pay for them. If you go to a live class it's close to $400 for a 6-8 hour class. If I do it on-line I can do it for about 1/2 of that-but still expensive (and boring!)

Hilarie-Congrats on booking the trip! That sounds great.

Wendi-Too funny about the dream. Too bad you can't really sleep & get stuff done.

Lori-Have a fun photo shoot & fun with your friends later.

Lacey is so cute. She crawls over to the dog & wants the dog to lick her head. The dog licks her & then Lacey has this crazy wild hair. I'll have to try to get a picture of is.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 12:13pm

Morning!

Liam's birthday party was a hit! The Buddy cake from Dinosaur Train turned out pretty good. I will have to post a picture. Liam woke up early this morning to play his dinosaur Leapster game only to find out it is the Backyardagains. They put the wrong cartridge and even label on it! Crazy!! He was a little bummed.

Kari, what luck you guys have with that car! I hope that it is an easy fix.

Lori, I wanted to have sloppy joes for Liam's birthday lunch but he wanted hamburgers in stead. I also did a macaroni salad with a baked bean dish that a couple of people kept calling it Chili... it tasted nothing like chili but I guess they have never had baked beans with bacon, hamburger, ketchup, etc... before. Funny. How did the cupcakes turn out?

Hilarie, yay for getting the plane tickets for Disney! I am sure the kids are excited, as well as you. ;) I hope you get your work done.

Wendi, yummy dinner! That is so nice of DH to cook. LOL, with the birthday party on V-Day I totally forgot that it was Valentines day. I was pretty impressed with DH. He didn't get a chance to get me a card so at 6:00 a.m. on Valentines day he snuck out of the house and went to buy me a card and tulips. I had no clue that he was gone.

Laura, that is so cool about the Montana skiiers. It is fun to know that your state represents an athelete!! I feel that same way with Apolo Ohno (speed skater). He is from Washington and can I just say how AMAZING he is? Did anyone watch the one where the 3 Japanese were winning and then at the last minute two of the Japanese fell and he got second! It was so awesome! I was watching it with DH and Liam and started to scream at the T.V. I think Liam was a little surprised at my reaction. ;)

I am totally getting sucked into the Olympics. We DVR it so that we can fast forward through most of it. The mogul events are amazing! I was commenting that their knees have got to be shot and then they mentioned that one of the girls has had 6 knee surgeries already! Crazy!!

DH was just curious about how much the tickets were to see an event and everything is sold out except for for a few of the events are on auction. They are at about $400 a seat now... ugh, no thanks. DH mentioned about maybe going up there to stand in front of the torch and get our picture taken. The borders don't seem crazy at all so we just may take a trip to Vancouver one of these days.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 1:17pm

Where is everyone?

I will be leaving for my Grandpa's funeral here soon. Hopefully we can have a good day with children that won't get naps (again) and Liam having his birthday today. DH and I are going to have to think of something fun for him today after all is done. ;)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 3:41pm

Kristi-Glad the party was great but a bummer about the wrong thing inside the box. Seems hard to imagine it being all wrong. Ugh. I think in the near future you might be able to find some cheaper tickets to some of the skiing events if you want to go to Whistler. Since they all got moved back at least 2 (or more) days I bet there will be people who can't use the tickets because they are leaving town before they even start. Might be worth looking into it...

We also DVR the events & then speed through it (skipping commercials & most of the "up close & personal" junk). I love the 2 guys falling right before the finish line so the USA could get the silver & bronze. that was great! Too bad they didn't take out the 1st place guy too. ;)

Sorry about the funeral. I hope it all goes as well as can be expected & that the boys do fine. It is terribly hard to go through those things sometimes.

I am taking Calla ice skating in about an hour & pretty excited about it. I spent all morning working on my continuing education requirements. Ugh. It's "Engineer's Week" so some of the on-line classes are having discounts. So I got 15% off at least. And now I've finished a total of 15 of the 30 hours I need by the end of June.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 4:20pm

I keep forgetting to tell you all my rant from church yesterday. The kids sang for both services yesterday. We usually go to the 9am service so we just stick around during the Sunday school between services too & then they sing again at the start of the 11am service. No biggie. Lacey has been terrible in church lately though & screams if I try to leave her in the nursery. So yesterday after the kids sang I took her to the nursery. No one else was down there (not even the attendant when I 1st got there) so I stayed. Then 2 brothers showed up. The younger one is just older than Calla (so also 5) and then the older brother is at least 7 & probably 8. My 1st problem with this is that 5 & 8 year old kids do NOT need to be in the NURSERY!!! I have always had a problem with this church not having an age limit on the nursery as there are some parents who will send their kids down there all the time-there's even one 10 year-old who regularly goes down there! It's not fair to the little ones or the nursery attendant. But that wasn't my problem yesterday. The younger one had a rash ALL OVER HIS BODY! His face, arms, legs, everything! I asked him if he had a rash & his brother said, "He had a sore throat & my mom gave him some medicine that he had a reaction to." Ok-maybe it was only an allergic reaction to some medicine-but if he had a bad enough throat that you had to medicate him he shouldn't be at church & not in the nursery for sure! So Lacey & I left. I told DH about it when we got back into church & we made the parental decision to leave instead of letting Calla stay for Sunday School (this resulted in tears) but the rash boy is in her class & I didn't want her exposed to him. We came home & went for a hike & sledding instead so she was ok with leaving. But I am still crabby that people would bring sick kids like that. Grumble grumble grumble...

Ok-I just had to rant to someone-thanks for listening. ;)

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 5:58pm

My computer's back!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 6:33pm

I'm uploading pics of the cake, and a couple weather related.

Ok, here they are:

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 6:37pm

And the weather:

This is what was (not sure if it still is) hanging right outside my bedroom window off the roof:

IMG_7214.jpg picture by lambball

As a reminder, this is what we usually see outside the back door:

view.jpg picture by lambball

Last Monday this is all the farther we could see because of the fog:

IMG_7218.jpg picture by lambball

vtines10.jpg picture by lambball

Pages