Daily Chit Chat 2/22

iVillage Member
Daily Chit Chat 2/22
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 6:12am

Morning.

We didnt end up getting any ice or snow, so no delay.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 8:12am

Lori, that's too cute about A's boyfriend! I'll say a prayer for you, lol!

DH was telling me he heard we were supposed to have 5" of snow this weekend so I guess they initially didn't think temps would be so warm. It rained all weekend. We had our first flood warnings issued this morning and the TV guy said they will be up for at least a week.

Pretty uneventful this weekend for us, too. I worked on the auction quite a bit and am still wrapping up loose ends. The main part of my job starts Friday.

As for the family, we just hung out all weekend. DH had to run down to his office Saturday night so T and I went along. That was our excitement. Woo.

Wendi

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 9:26am

Lori-Glad you get to sub. I'm sure it's hard-but nice to have the money I'm sure. Good luck to no flooding.

Wendi-Sounds like a nice weekend. Hope your flooding doesn't turn into anything serious too! Good luck on the auction stuff too. That sounds like sooooo much work.

I am feeling a ton better this morning than I did yesterday. Hopefully I'm almost over this & that no one else gets it like I did. I am just sitting here trying to figure out what we have to do today. My brain is mush. Calla goes to school in a bit-so I'd better get us motivated. I would like to take the dog on a walk-but think with my cold I should hold off another day or two. Plus it's REALLY cold out this morning. Not much else here.

And-still no word on the stupid monorail in Brazil. Drives me crazy that no one has heard anything yet... Makes me wonder if the project is dead or something.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 9:46am

Good Morning Ladies, Sorry I've been MIA. We had a great shopping trip over the long weekend and DH and Phoebe had fun ice fishing. Unfortunately we all managed to catch a stomach bug over the course of the weekend. By Wednesday last week all 9 of us that were together over the weekend had managed to catch it!

This past weekend we had Phoebe's part which was a success. We ended up with about 10 kids plus a couple of siblings. Phoebe loved her pig cake. I have to admit it did come out pretty cute. I've attached a couple of pictures.

Now on to the next trip, we're headed to North Carolina for an extra long weekend on the 4th so I have to pack this weekend. My parents have rented a house on the beach for the month so we're going to go down for a little bit. We won't be able to swim, but it will be warmer than here and we can do lots of beach combing.

I tried to read most of the post last week, but I think I'll start out fresh this week instead of trying to catch up.

Winter 09 siggy

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:28am

Lori and Wendi, I hope the flooding isn't too bad. We're due some of that here too, although at the moment it's nice out. I think today is supposed to be nice and then rain and/or snow the rest of the week. Joy.

Laura, I'm glad you're feeling better. Congrats on the new to you car!

Andrea, glad everyone is recovered. Love the pig cake.

Both boys are back at school this morning for the first time in almost two weeks. Sucks for me that there's another school break at the end of next month. Dang.

Okay, it is driving me crazy not to know the gender of this baby. I keep having weird dreams about it.

Photobucket

pregnancy calendar

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:36am

Wendi, I hope the flooding doesnt get too bad.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:53am

Sorry about DH. Tell him to put a sock in it.

I took the test (Intelligender) and it said girl but it's only 80% accurate so I don't trust it.

Photobucket

pregnancy calendar

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 11:39am

Laura, too bad about the monorail. I still hope it goes through and you get the job! Glad you're feeling better.

Andrea, what a fabulous cake! Hate those family sicknesses.

Jenna, I can't believe you are 14 weeks already!

Lori, yay for the subbing.

Time to get ready for school!

Wendi

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 11:40am

Jenna, when is your u/s again?

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 2:23pm

Went to the Dr. this morning... HB is under 140. This Dr. thinks it is a boy. sigh.

Went to see Shutter Island on Saturday. Well, the movie was good and I can tell you that the baby can HEAR! It was totally quiet in the theater and then there was 3 shots out of a gun in the movie and the baby jumped BIG TIME. It was kind of awesome to see that reaction. He didn't break my rib though. ;)

Laura, yay to your new vehicle!! Was Calla ok with the color? ;) Glad you are starting to feel better. I hope the girls or DH don't get your cold. It sounds nasty.

Lori, sorry about your cat. You know, it is funny that your DH will crab at you and the girls about spending too much money... won't even let you go to the Dr. when you need to but he WILL get a dog. Even if he didn't pay for it, they eat, get shots, vet bills, etc... funny how THAT is ok to spend money on. Sorry... my own little rant for your DH. ;) You should not feel like you are worthless. Your DH needs a big reality check. Sounds like he wants you to take care of him. Grrrrr, that would irk me!

Tammy, sorry about your nose. I hope it starts to feel better soon. Did you go to the Dr. today?

Andrea, glad you had a good time but sorry that everyone got sick. LOVE the pig cake! You did a good job. What are you going to do for her next birthday? ;)

Jenna, LOL at it driving you nuts to not know the gender. It is kind of bothering me on this baby too. With the boys I knew they were boys... I could just feel it. With this one, it keeps going back and forth. I told DH that the Dr. thinks it is a boy and he said that he is just planning on a boy because he doesn't want to get his hopes up. I guess I am too. We just need to find a good boys name and then I think I will be more excited for a boy.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 2:34pm

Oh, ya. Can I tell you again how much I hate Target. I don't know why I continue to shop there. We tried to return the Leapster game of Liam's that is suppose to be Dinosaurs and instead it is the Back yardagains (sp?). Target won't take it back without our receipt or without our credit card that we used. Well, for some reason my credit card company just sent us a new card with a new number because they thought there were some theft going on. So, I had to call the credit card company to get the OLD number so that they can type it into their computers. Target types it in and then tells me that it needs to be no later than 90 days. We bought it before Christmas so it is too long ago. We told them that we just need to EXCHANGE it not return it. They still couldn't do it. So, I said I would just call Leapster. I called Leapster this morning and she said that I needed a RECEIPT to return it to them. I said to her, "ARE you SERIOUS???" I don't need to return it, it is YOUR fault that it is not what it says it is and now LEAPSTER needs to fix it! She puts me on hold and says, "We will give you this return, just this one time." Oh, boy... thanks. *roll of eyes*. I told her that we could return this one to them and they can see that it is their mistake. And she said they would mail us a new one and we can keep the one that we have.

Ugh, such a hassle. What happened to standing behind their product? Can I tell you how much I appreciate Costco? ;)

Photobucket

Pages