Daily Chit Chat 3-8

iVillage Member
Daily Chit Chat 3-8
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 6:15am

Morning.

Stupid stupid cats scratching at my door at 5:30.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 9:04am

Lori-Good luck on the transcribing stuff. Whooo hooo!!! Sorry about the crummy weather. That's the hardest part of spring I think. When you're ready for summer-but still stuck in nearly winter. Have fun teaching today too.

We had a WONDERFUL weekend! 2 in a row for us-so I'm feeling spoiled. DH was around the entire time again(which makes my life so much easier!) Calla was nice. Lacey was a ton of fun & she is talking a ton suddenly. She was asking us to "help me" and asking for lots of different things. So fun to see her growing up. Today is beach day at Calla's school & she asked if she could wear her "zucchini" or if she had to wear her other bathing suit. I thought that was pretty funny. Turns out her best friend is wearing her bikini so Calla wants to be like her-wow it starts young hu?

Our weather was beautiful all weekend long-but that's supposed to end-sadly. We were in the upper 50s yesterday & got a ton done around the yard. So nice! We never did a good spring cleanup last year since Lacey was a baby it just seemed like we didn't have enough time to get out without her. Hopefully if our weather is bad this week it will at least be snow in the mountains so we can ski one more time this weekend.

Well-time to start my day...

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 9:17am

Laura, yay for 2 good weekends!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 10:38am

Glad I went and checked.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 10:56am

LOL, Lori! Mrs I Don't Drink Coffee is addicted to coffee creamer? I had it for the first time (creamer, not coffee) about a year ago and it was very tasty but they are all trans fat so I don't use them. I managed to get through the first tri without caffeine...I'm now back to my cup a day in the morning.

I hope you find Maddy's paperwork. How annoying.

It's a lovely day here so after I pick up Luke in about half an hour we'll be at the playground. I'm ready for spring! Of course this is probably just a tease.

Photobucket

pregnancy calendar

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 11:44am

Serena, thanks for the discipline info.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 11:54am

Bright and shiny here too! It is going to be another nice day.

DH just called and is getting on the plane to come home. Yay! I am so excited to have him back. Although he will be working a LOT to catch up, but it is nice to have him in the same county. ;) The boys really missed him. Where ever we went over the weekend when Daddy should be around Jake would ask, "Where's Daddy?"

Lori, I am having my coffee this morning with Southern Butter Pecan creamer in it. Mmm, so good!

Laura, I love weekends like that. It seems like we have not had many of those lately. We had the nicest weather on Saturday and I was stuck in the house with sick kids and my hips have been so sore that I can't walk very well. I totally wasted a nice day.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 12:01pm

Hilarie, I hope that you have good results with the discipline. I can't believe that you have never used timeouts. What do you do when the children miss behave? I would be lost if we didn't have timeouts in our house. Some days we do a lot of them, some days none. It is always brutal in the beginning when they are learning what they are all about, but once they understand what to do, it works like a charm. Even Jake does it well and can even tell me why he was in a timeout. He threw a car at the t.v. yesterday and when he was done with his timeout I asked him why he was in a timeout and he says to me, "no throwing toy!" LOL

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 12:03pm

Kristi-Sorry your hips are bothering your & that you had a weekend full of sickness. Glad DH is on his way home though! Whoooo hooo!!!

Lori-I've never heard of a title class either... Good luck finding the paperwork. I hate looking for things like that.

Hilarie-Ugh on the lack of sleep. Hope you survive today. The book does time-out completely different than how time-outs are typically done. They have you send the child to their room (or somewhere with 4 walls) to be alone. Not really like sending them to "jail" just away from where they were having problems. No lectures, no huge discussions when you're done, just go & come out when the timer is over if you are settled down. We haven't started that part of it yet-but hope to get everyone on board with it this week.

Phew! Need to go change a stinky diaper-ugh...

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 12:24pm

LOL, I would love to change Lacey's diaper instead of Jake's sicky diaper. Wow! I have NEVER had the stinkiest diapers to change. The whole house smells!! There is no missing the soiled diaper in our house, lol. I am glad that the book is helping you out. I read the 1,2,3 Magic book and it helped a lot with Liam's tough attitude when he was 3. I started to use it on Jake and he just looks at me like, "why are you counting?" LOL, I guess I need to remember how to introduce it.

Jake had a hard time going to daycare this morning. He has had a lot of Mommy time and was all about hugs this morning. We are working on really bland diets with him, no milk (just soy milk which he loves), giving him probiotics and Pedialite. He woke up again last night around 12:00 a.m. coughing and close to puking (he has been puking almost every night at that time) and I brought him to the toilet and I could hear his tummy grumbling. After a while he said he wanted to go back to bed. Not sure why it is always at that time but he didn't throw up so hopefully he is on the mend.... I am praying.

Lori, have a good day subbing. I hope you enjoy the Transcription job. Make sure you take lots of brakes while typing. You don't want carpel tunnel. I use a brace at my work which is kind of a preventative measure. It is a soft brace with a "bean" pad to rest your wrist on. It has worked so well for me. Usually being pregnant the carpel tunnel is so much worse. I haven't really had my hands fall asleep at all this pregnancy. It has been great!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 12:39pm

Lori, the Shake Weights make me think dirty things... Very funny design... LOL!

I cannot decide what to have for lunch. So hungry!

Oh and Hi!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jessjuly2010siggy

Pages