Daily Chit Chat 4/19

iVillage Member
Daily Chit Chat 4/19
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 8:41am
Good Monday morning everyone. I can't believe I'm actually starting the thread this week!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucketteachers.gif image by karileighthsew.gif image by karileigh

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 8:47am
Happy Birthday Serena!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucketteachers.gif image by karileighthsew.gif image by karileigh

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 8:50am

Good morning!

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 9:24am

Happy Birthday Serena!!!

Kari-Hope you are feeling a ton better today. I'm glad to hear that DH did a great job without you being around much yesterday. I always love that.

Wendi-Glad you got a chance to relax. I hate it when I get obsessed with house things & forget to appreciate the little things.

Deanna-Hope your week is calmer than last week.

A 20 inning baseball game?!?!? Crazy! I would never survive that. I don't really like watching baseball on tv. I LOVE it in person though.

I am sooo sick of checking for lice. Ugh. Last night I found 1 little thing in Calla's hair that freaked me out. I brought it to the computer & checked a million pictures of things & in the end I decided that it was just a little skin. Too small to be a nit & since I only found 1 thing then it was unlikely. I hope that's the right call. I have been checking her 2 times a day since Thursday & she's starting to really hate it. Her hair is so long that it takes about 20 minutes (or more depending on if I freak out & run to the computer a million times). On Friday at school one of the little boys announced who it was who had the lice & now Calla whines & says, "It's all Katherine's fault we have to do this!" I'm worried that she'll be mean to the girl just because she's mad that we are doing it over & over again. Any advice? I've tried to tell her that it isn't the girls fault-but she doesn't seem to care-she's just mad.

I was just looking at my calendar & things are pretty calm this week. Aaaahhh! I love that. Hope you all have a good one too!

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 10:20am

Kari - I hope you are feeling better.

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 11:52am

Yay for Logan scoring a goal in his first game!!!

I don't enjoy baseball much either - I agree that it's too slow.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 12:05pm

Congrats on the goal Logan!!! Very cool.

Hilarie-Great job on getting up & getting going this morning. It is sooo much easier to attack the day if you are ahead of the kids. But I rarely drag myself out of bed before Calla. I wish I could do it!

The preschool bake-sale yesterday made $750-but everyone was disappointed because last year they made over $900! Wow. Guess I didn't realize how much they made on it. Glad I'm not in charge of it! ;)

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 12:21pm

Hmmm...I opened a post window and then got distracted.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 1:20pm

YAY for starting the day early Hilarie!

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 1:27pm

So ladies... I really have to vent about this elementary school process.

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 1:53pm

Deanna-That bites. Sorry. I think sometimes too many choices is a bad a thing. I love knowing that Calla will be going to school with all of our neighbors (except the one neighbor that I don't like & wish she would send her DS to a private school so I don't have to deal with her...but that's another thing) DH rants all the time about how schools teach for mediocrity. They want every kid to be in the same place-high enough to pass the tests-but they don't work to encourage those that are advanced. I don't know if that's really true-but that's what he is convinced of.

Brag alert: Speaking of advanced in math-I was delighted this morning with Calla. We were talking about allowance-we have just decided to start giving it to her & decided on 50 cents a week. She said something about that being half a dollar. So I said, "If you get a half a dollar every week how many weeks will it take for you to have $2?" She thought for about 2 seconds & said, "4 weeks!" I'm impressed-even if every other kid out there can do that-I am still proud of her. ;) Sorry-but I needed to brag for a minute.

Well-DH is picking up Calla at school & I'm meeting them at the park with lunch (and Lacey). Of course Lacey fell asleep about 15 minutes ago. So she'll nap just long enough to ruin an afternoon nap. Ugh I say. Oh well-at least she's sleeping a bit.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

Pages