Daily Chit Chat 5-3

iVillage Member
Daily Chit Chat 5-3
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 6:25am

Morning.

Kari, thats a darling picture!

Hilarie, glad you made it home ok, and that you had a nice time with friends.

It will be nice one of these days when things settle down here.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 8:52am

I'm trying to figure out what to do today.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 9:29am

Lori-Sorry about your allergies. Hopefully the pill will help out a ton. Good luck with all of your projects.

Hilarie-Welcome home. Glad you got to get out & see old friends too. Very fun.

Tammy-Glad you love your new lens. Sounds like fun. I figured 29kmh was pretty slow since it goes up to 80 a little farther away. I just hate metrics...

Had a fun day yesterday. Calla scored 3 goals in soccer. Each of the other girls on her team scored once-so was fun to see them all getting better. (They only play 3v3) She really seems to love it. We stayed after to watch a boy in her class play right after us & was very funny to see the boys. It seemed like each team had 1 really good boy & the rest weren't that into it-just kind of standing around. The girls are all very into it-even if there is one "star" the rest of them still try to stay into it.

Today we are supposed to have a "major wind event" this afternoon/evening. Sustained wind near 30mph & gusts double that. Blech! I hate wind. Hopefully there's not much damage. The sitter is coming again this morning so hopefully I can get more work done. My boss said something about being gone until Wednesday in an e-mail but I didn't know he was going to be away. Hopefully he will still be in touch with me so I can get more to do. Ugh. Day 2 of work & I'm already slow.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 12:20pm

Good morning,

We had a nice weekend. Phoebe had her dance recital on Saturday. She did really well even though I thought she would chicken out. She was crying through a good portion of the dress rehearsal. The kids looked so cute in their outfits. Yesterday was really hot and humid but we still managed to get a lot done. I finally got some flowers planted and DH got the garden tilled so it's ready for planting.

Kari, it sounds like your date night didn't quite work out as planned, but at least you still got a night out. If you get to see that movie let me know - I've read the first two books of the series and they are really good. I must warn you though the first book is slow to start but give it time, it gets really good.

Tammy, thanks for the siggy I love it!

May 2010 Siggy

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 12:36pm

Laura, lol at being slow on your second day of work.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 1:06pm

lol that's alright. I don't get your whole mile system either.

Andrea I'm so glad you love it!!

Hi Lori!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 1:14pm

Lori, when your earlier post said your dad was leaving, I was wondering if that meant your aunt was leaving, too (since you didn't say that).

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 2:02pm

Hi everyone.

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 3:07pm

Deanna-I have to laugh at the soccer story. The coaches DD on Calla's team isn't very excited about soccer. Think her dad wanted her to play you know? So the 1st practice she said she had to go potty & her dad just sent her into the school (she's in Kindergarten at the school so she knew where to go). She stayed in there FOREVER & came back out right as practice was ending. I think she was delighted to get out of it & so did it again the next week at practice. As a parent I'd be crabby about it-but her dad is so "cool" and relaxed that I'm not sure he even noticed it. (He might be a little too mellow to coach-but that's my opinion-I would hope that normally a coach would show up before 12:05 when the game is supposed to start at noon...)

Lori-Sorry it's so hard to see your aunt leave. Hopefully she'll be back soon!

Andrea-Glad the dancing went well. So nice when they pull through to impress us.

Hilarie-Poor coughing girls! No fun at all. I hope they are both feeling better soon.

I was amazed to log on to the computer this morning & have work from my boss. He's at a conference today & tomorrow so I was worried that I'd have nothing to do. WHooo hooo!!! He's kind of scattered sometimes (he has too much to do I think) so frequently I am slow then swamped, slow then swamped.

DH has had a bunch of colds this winter & finally decided that maybe he's had a chronic sinus infection & is going to see the doc this afternoon. He is sick, then better for a few days, then it comes back, etc... So hopefully they will get him fixed up. He hasn't been miserable-just not great. I think it's probably the same nasty thing that I had when I hurt so bad I thought I'd broken a tooth...

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 3:08pm

Wow - work is so much easier when I'm in the office.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 3:43pm
I just wanted to pop on and say hi. I'm going through posts on the wii so replying takes forever lol. Just wanted you all to know I was still around. Hilarie I did get that book. It was really good. I had to get someone to open up the box since it wasn't on the shelf yet.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages