lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 8:16am
Good morning ladies!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 9:09am

Serena, good luck today at work!! You'll have to bookmark us on the laptop. ;)

Lori, I'm so glad your Grandpa opened his eyes for you. Funny about the church presentation. Maybe you'll get more people next time to go along!

Laura, that is terrible about soccer. In talking about t-ball, DH told me usually the kids who are "stars" so young are at their

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 9:27am

Lori-I never commented on your Grandpa kind of waking up for you. That's great & hope he continues to improve. How are you doing?

Hilarie-Good luck with the new contractor. I think even if you aren't quiet sure what you're doing a contractor that's done a ton before can give you some good ideas too. I have never been to IKEA either-would love to get there someday.

Wendi-Very fun about the worksheets. Sounds like a smart one you have there!

Serena-Congrats on starting the new job today. Whooo hoooo!!!! Hope it's wonderful!

Not a ton here. I'm being a slug. Imagine that. And-glad to hear that you all think that the coach was a dork at soccer. I appreciate knowing that I'm not just overreacting. Hope you all have a good Monday.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 11:29am

Good Monday morning, all!

Serena, nice to hear from you!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 11:56am

Hilarie-Whooo hooo!!!! To the reading. Hopefully her interest continues. Calla had interest for a few days & now won't even try again. Sigh...

Yep-I'm working today. I don't start until 9:30 my time since I take Calla to school & then the sitter comes once we're home. So I have a pretty short day most of the time. My boss is leaving for Brazil in a few hours so I'm just trying to get a few things done for him to download once he gets there (tomorrow afternoon). After hearing how long it will take him to get there I'm having 2nd thoughts about ever trying to take the girls down there!!! Ugh.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 1:01pm

Work promises to be brutal today.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 1:23pm

Lori, I remembered on the way to school you asked about this weekend. For the long weekend we are going to ILs.

Talk about stressed out. Ever since the bad Thanksgiving with T, I just don't trust them with him. They are in the nest phase of life, been there quite a while, and they enjoy it. Early mornings, coffee, sitting around, ALOT of sitting around, falling asleep in their chairs, sitting around, food LATE in the evening (made later with time difference), sitting around, then bed. That does not work for a five-year-old who must keep going all the time. Sigh.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 3:10pm

Hilarie-Hope the work stuff isn't as bad as you fear.

Wendi-Good luck with the trip. It is so hard to visit people who don't understand life with kids. Sigh.

Work is going much better for me today. I was totally stressed about it on Saturday night & Sunday morning. So I have been working really hard to relax about it. Hopefully I'm making progress on that.

Calla came home from school in a terrible mood. I said something about only 1 more day of school & she'll be an official kindergartener & she got so mad. Everything ticked her off. After eating she's back to normal now. Strange how that happens.

I also think I'm going to call the school & request that she is not in the class with our next door neighbor. I really didn't want to do it-but since the neighbors got back from vacation their DD has been kind of mean to Calla. I just don't want other kids seeing her treat Calla that way & think it's ok for them to do the same to her. I assume that by August things will be better-but they set the class list before the last day of school (June 11th) so I want to do it now. I really didn't want to do it-but think I need to. After DH has seen how things have gone at soccer the last 2 weeks he agrees with me that it would be best not to be in the same class. He really didn't want me to say anything before-so glad he agrees with me now. Sigh-I don't want to be "that" parent...

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 3:36pm

Wendi, can you plan activities away from the house while you visit?

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 3:58pm
Too funny about your hate list. I don't really like bath time as much anymore either. DH enjoys it more so luckily he does it for Lacey in the tub & I help Calla with her shower. It's fast & easy for the most part. Luckily Calla is pretty fast in the bathroom-even with pooping. She doesn't waste time at anything she does-that girl moves constantly so sitting on the pot is just a waste of time for her. :)

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

Pages