Daily Chit Chat 5/31

iVillage Member
Daily Chit Chat 5/31
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 8:20am

Happy Memorial Day!

Hilarie, I thought of you yesterday when I heard a nurse at the hospital ask another if they knew anyone who would want to buy and ipod touch.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 10:15am

Lori-Have a great day. Glad you're getting in some fun!

Wendi-Sorry you are sick-blech. Hope you have a safe trip home & are feeling better soon.

Hilarie-An entire day alone?!?!? Wow.

We have had a wonderful weekend. I had a work stress issue & 1/2 way through church yesterday morning the answer came to me & I got home & IT WORKED!!! Divine inspiration I think. Amazing. So I was able to enjoy the rest of the day. We had tons of fun outside-the weather wasn't great-but good enough. Not sure what we're doing today-but it will involve lots of family togetherness I'm sure.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 10:45am

Laura, lol at your divine inspiration!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 11:37am

Lori-Hope your weather gets better for the party. I thought you were having a garage sale? Why not just put all of the clothes in that. My mom's rule is that you can only ask $1 or less for adult clothes-but then she sells them & they are gone.

What a lazy morning here. If we aren't careful the day will be over before we do anything...better get motivated.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 6:15pm

We had quite a storm go through after my last post.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 11:12pm

Just now occurred to me that it's Monday, so we have a new thread.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 11:56pm

Hilarie-I did blinds & really thick curtains in Calla's room-but that seemed to backfire on us whenever we traveled & there was any light she couldn't stay asleep. A little over a year ago she suddenly became afraid of the dark & now sleeps with her lamp on (not just a night light-the entire freaking lamp!) So it is bright bright bright in her room. But she no longer has a problem falling asleep when it's light out or when the sun comes up in the morning. So I'm trying something similar with Lacey-I keep a night light in her room & the blinds aren't as dark as they are in Calla's room. Not sure if it will work-but I hope so.

Lori-Funny you don't like to sell clothes. Why? I also thought maybe you should go to the 2nd hand store & check for all of your old summer clothes that are missing. Maybe they were "accidentally" taken there.

We had a great day here. Tons more fun & I'm exhausted. DH & I just watched "Bedtime Story" with Adam Sandler. Very cute. I would recommend it to just about anyone. Of course Calla won't watch movies so we had to watch it after she was asleep. Someday maybe she'll watch a movie-sigh. Off to bed!

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 7:57am

Morning.

Laura, I just dont like messing and pricing clothes.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 8:51am

Lori-I guess it depends where you live on what sells. When I was in Denver we had a HUGE garage sale at my house where a bunch of women brought stuff. We had massive amounts of womens clothes-all different sizes & I was amazed at how much sold. It's much easier if you just say, "$0.50 for everything unless otherwise marked." And then just hope to get rid of lots. Do quantity & hope to make some money that way.

Lacey's teeth are really bothering her. Poor girl. She is just so fussy & unhappy-which is not at all like her. She has been chewing on her fingers (which has to hurt too!) and when I give her some medicine she's good for quite a while-but then it wears off. I hate to keep her dosed up all the time. Wish I knew how much is enough with her. I put baby orajel on her yesterday & that didn't seem to help her at all. She will also chew on a toy for a while-but then goes back to her fingers. I feel sorry for the sitter today.

And-I have to work again today-blech. I enjoyed my 5 day weekend. But DH & I both only have to work 3 days this weekend & then have another long weekend. Whooo hoo!!! We're going camping so I'm excited. However-the weather report changed last night & now they're saying another 7 days of rain. :( Before they were saying by the end of this weekend it would end. Oh well-we're going to the hot springs so at least we can be in the pool when it rains for the most part.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 10:51am

Good morning everyone!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 11:46am

Wow - 13 hours??

Pages