Daily Chit Chat 6-14

iVillage Member
Daily Chit Chat 6-14
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 7:40am

Morning.

Wendi, I wouldnt be so happy with the tuition situation either.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 8:48am

Lori-Hope the cleaning goes well. I should do that too...

We have swimming lessons at 9:45 & then the sitter will be here. I have my fingers crossed I can finish up my work in 2 short days this week. Then I'm done until after our vacation. Whooo hoooo!!! I also have to finish up my continuing education requirements by the end of June. Blech.

Have a good week everyone!

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 10:49am

Hi everyone. What a long, tiring last three days we've had at our house!

Our church fair went off well. Alex and her friend helped DH run the kids games and I helped with the Bingo. MIL ran the food table. We had a decent turn out and made some money. All we made people pay for were the raffle prizes and food. All of the Bingo prizes were donated and we let people play for free. We had two tables of people who stayed in and played ALL DAY and racked up prizes. Oh well. They did go buy food when we broke for lunch :) We were the first ones at church Saturday and the last ones to leave. We got up at 4am Saturday and were at church around 5:40!!!!! We all slept in until after 8 the next morning, but we made it to church on time Sunday.

After church we went and got groceries, stayed home for a bit, then we went to a baseball game that DH had to cover for the newspaper. We didn't get the girls into bed until 11:00 or so, so another long day for us. DH is at work now and the girls are at MIL's. It's so nice and peaceful here! I have a few errands to run, but nothing else scheduled for the day. Tomorrow I have nothing at all scheduled and then it starts getting crazy again. Woohoo for summer vacation!!!!!

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucketteachers.gif image by karileighthsew.gif image by karileigh

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 11:23am

Home.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 12:14pm

Lori, glad you got in/out quickly!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 12:32pm

Hilarie, get busy, lol.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 1:30pm

Lori, just think of the street sweeper as SAHM job security. If the house didn't keep getting dirty, what else would we all have to do but sit on the comptuer and chit chat. :) Thank goodness you got an appointment today. Sorry your step mom is coming to visit.

Kari, yay for a successful fair! Did other people help because it sounds like it was just your family.

Hilarie, how's work coming?

Laura, here's hoping for a couple quick work days!

VBS must not have been that exciting today. I practically had to

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 1:56pm

I'm back from my errands. Dropped something off at school, picked up DH's new contacts, and went to Ben Franklin for some yarn browsing alone. They had 20% off yarn which is why I went, but I didn't end up buying any! I did buy two books and a yarn container though. One book is supposed to teach me how to hand quilt. For Christmas I got a thing to hold your quilt while you hand quilt it, so now I need to learn how to use it! With as busy as this summer looks like it will be, that might

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 2:00pm

Okay, Lori, that made me laugh.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 2:18pm

Hilarie-I'm amazed that you made it to your appt so quickly. You must be fast!

Lori-Ugh to the dust. Sorry!

Kari-Glad the fair went well. Busy busy weekend though. Wow-makes me tired. So glad you have a day to relax ALONE! (Jealous)

Wendi-I had to laugh at the stalking too. I'm sure VBS will be more fun as the week goes on.

Swimming lessons went great. It's not just after noon & both girls are in quiet time (or asleep). They were starved when the sitter got here (at 11) and then Lacey fell asleep in her high chair. Hopefully she ate enough that she doesn't wake up because she's hungry.

Work is going well. I finished (hopefully) one of the two things I needed to do. So fingers crossed that it's really complete & that the other thing gets done easily too.

We will be on vacation for almost 2 weeks. Whooo hooo!

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 2:18pm

Good thing you noticed you had an appointment Hilarie! I never would have made it in time with only 10 minutes notice. Not even just a few minutes late.

According to yahoo, it's 90 degrees right now. Yuck. That's the worst part of summer. We've been getting so many thunderstorms here too lately. Did I mention that as soon as we packed everything up Saturday from our fair it came up a thunderstorm? Talk about perfect timing.

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucketteachers.gif image by karileighthsew.gif image by karileigh

Photobucket

Pages