Daily Chit Chat 6/21
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 8:38am

Morning.

Grocery day.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 9:04am

Happy Monday everyone. Hope you all have a great week. My to do list is crazy today. I started to write it all down & ran out of room. Aaak! Not a good sign. Hopefully the girls help. Calla is supposed to have swimming lessons again today-but it's dark & gross outside. It's 51 degrees-so they should be on (they call them off if it's under 50) but not sure if it will happen or not. I kind of hope they have them-just so she gets some of her energy out. Luckily Lacey's class was only last week so I don't have to swim. :)

The most important thing on my list for me is to color my hair! Ugh. I look so old right now. I can't believe how gray I look-it's been several months since I last colored it-I usually don't go this long between colorings. Sigh...

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 9:35am

Good morning.

The girls have their classes this week. I still haven't filled out their medical, etc info sheets yet and I have to turn them in when we get there today. Yuck. I don't really feel like doing it, but guess that's not an option. While we were gone I called the school about Ainsley's class that was cancelled and they moved her to another class. This one is about recycling and doing art projects from recycled materials. It sounds perfect for her since she already does that stuff. Unfortunately I see lots of "junk" sculptures in our future!

They fertilized the field across the road from us last Thursday. Boy does it stink outside! I'm glad we were gone for several days of it and I hope the stinks goes away soon.

I'm a bit annoyed at DH. I told him to ask his father to water our little plants in the kitchen window while we were gone. Apparently he forgot because all three died :( One was a pot of miniature sunflowers I've been growing for weeks

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 12:15pm

Laura, do you leave tomorrow?

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 2:01pm

Hilarie, good luck getting everything done today!!!

The girls are now dropped off at their classes. It made me mad though that we're told that teachers will only be on duty 10 minutes before class time and not to drop off children any earlier, then Ainsley's teacher WASN'T there on time. GRrrrrrrr! She got there 3 minutes before the class

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 2:15pm

LOL Kari at making the other teacher wait.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 3:19pm

Hilarie, I hope you get all your work done.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 3:53pm

Hello! Just stopping to say hi.

Hooray! Unkie is here! He left about 7:30

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 3:57pm

Lori, sounds like a fun day.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 4:07pm

Kari-Annoying to have the teachers not there on time. Ugh. Hope the classes are good.

Lori-Hope the extra girls all have fun together. I'm jealous that it's hot. :(

Hilarie-I would be worried to remove a shear wall from your house. They are there for a reason... Most of the time it wouldn't be necessary but it is mainly for a large wind or big snow storm in your area. So 99% of the time you won't need it-but when you do need that strength it's important to have it. Sorry to be the downer engineer here...

We had a busy but good morning. Swimming lessons were very wet-not only for Calla-but for those of us watching. Of course DH & I switched cars so my umbrella was in my car. My feet were soaking wet by the time we finished & Calla was freezing when she got out of the pool (the water was warm though). Then took Lacey in for a height/weight checkup & she's grown 2" and put on just over 2 lbs since January. I know she's growing-just making sure she's sticking close to that 5% curve. She's always been right below it-sigh. Guess that's what happens when DH was little.

Then went to KMart & home. After lunch we played soccer in the yard since the rain finally stopped. Now the girls are having quiet time & I finished up my work. We leave tomorrow after DH finishes work. Hopefully that will be earlier than his usual 5pm-but if we don't leave until then that's fine too. I need to get Calla's hair cut this afternoon & bake cookies for a funeral at church tomorrow. I'm skipping the funeral but dropping off some goodies for it. I hate funerals...

Well-Lacey just woke-so better go save her.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 4:26pm

Ah, that's right - Laura's an engineer!

Pages