Daily Chit Chat 7/12
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 9:32am

Morning.

Its raining here.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 9:51am

We'd love a little rain here. Oh well-hopefully it doesn't dry out too much & turn into a terrible fire season.

We are meeting a friend for a playdate today. Her son (and his wife & 2 DSs) moved to town nearly a year ago & we've been saying since then that we should get the kids together to play. So we are finally going to do it. Fingers crossed that the mom & I hit it off. I have really been feeling lately like I need some real friends. Why is it so hard to meet people? I have met some ladies that I really liked & we seemed to enjoy eachothers company-but then I can't "pull the trigger" and ask for their contact information (like if we meet at a mutual friend's party or other event). Sigh. I need to get better about that & have no one to blame but myself.

And-anyone have a flip camera? DH decided last night that he wants one for his b-day in a few weeks. I had no idea it would be so hard to pick one. They have HD & non-HD versions, ones with different amounts of recording time, etc... Just looking to see if anyone else has any suggestions.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 12:25pm

Laura, I'm not too sure about the flip part, but I was checking out video cameras recently. I still have the kind with a mini cassette. Most of the choices were either hard drive storage or flash drive. The sales guy mentioned if you drop the hard drive one you can loose your memory, just like a computer. BTDT!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 12:30pm

Laura, I'm like that, too.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 1:50pm

Back.

Laura, same here.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 2:00pm

Now that our A/C is fixed...today's high temp:

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 2:56pm

Good morning girls.

I had a great weekend. I worked out in the yard Saturday. I was beat! I am trying to edge our flower beds so it is requiring lots of shoveling. I am 1/2 way done.

Hilarie, sorry about Allison's behavior. What I do is tell Liam (yes, he still naps) that he needs to take a nap or go to bed early. It is his choice. Then if he decides that he does not need a nap, then he is to bed by 7:00. I would tell Allison that if she doesn't that there will be a consequence (like she doesn't get to do something that the rest of the family does) and it is her choice. And then stick with it. You have to follow through with it.

Lori, sorry about the church drama. I hope the pastor helps you out.

Laura, LOL at the temper tantrum bets. That sounds like an interesting family reunion.

Wendi, T plays tennis? Wow! That is impressive.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 3:09pm

Lori, good idea with buying the pants to fit into.

Yes, the yard sale will be at her house. She lives on a major highway and some one somewhere along that highway several years ago decided to start a yard sale deal for everyone living along that highway. So every Labor Day anyone living along that highway can put stuff out and tons and tons of people just drive up and down the highway yard-saleing. It has it's pluses and minuses, like no advertising (+) but a saturated market (-). I'm hoping this year our church (three doors away) will do food and drink stands. That might help bring people specifically to her house.

Hilarie, I wonder about childcare, too. Getting to know people at church/school really helped me. I use them for references for all kinds of things from dry cleaners to parks. I know lots of them would be glad to give me names of high school kids to babysit. Around here there are lots of places that do special things on school holidays so the working

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 3:21pm

Hilarie-I agree that jr high (especially if you're home) or high school kids make great sitters for holidays/summers. Also-do you ever go to a "doc in the box" for stuff? For something like a rash I would take Calla there where it's a $35 cash payment instead of going to our real doctor. Hopefully the doc gets it fixed up easily.

Lori-Great deal on those pants! Great incentive too.

Wendi-So nice to be able to be flexible on your travel dates. I love it when it works like that. Sounds like a busy trip though.

Kristi-So nice to have you back! How is work going? Did you get through the huge filing pile?

The playdate this morning went very well. Calla got along great with the little boy & the mom seemed very nice. We chatted some-but since Lacey is in that "makes mom incredibly nervous" stage at the park I had to follow her around most of the time & didn't talk as much as I'd like. But she seemed very much like me (not fancy at all, a little silver in her hair, etc...) so fingers crossed that we can get together again someday soon. However-both girls were up by 6am today & they both crashed about 11:20. Lacey was whining & it turned into a yawn (it was really pretty cute) and suddenly Calla kept hurting herself just from getting tired & clumsy. So we came home before it turned really bad. Now I want to nap with Lacey-but trying to get a few things done.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 3:23pm

Kristi, "plays tennis" is kind of stretching it, lol! Sometimes he hits the ball over the net but mostly it's learning how to hold the rackets, how to stand, very basic stuff.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 3:36pm

Laura, "Doc in a Box"? That sounds hokey,LOL. Glad your play date went well. When will we ever get to see a picture of you? I have an idea in my mind but I don't think it is close to what you say on here.

I really should take a picture of my filing stack. It is quite funny. I am trying to get caught up on other "higher priority" things before I file. It is just growing by the day.

Photobucket

Pages