Wow, its March already.

Morning.

Tired.

stpattyssig.jpg picture by lambball

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 9:23am

We went to Big Sky for a long weekend (a ski resort about 4 hours from us) and had the most wonderful time! DH had a conference (from 7-9am & 4-6pm on Friday & Saturday) so his company paid for the room. We ended up with the best ski-in/ski-out room EVER! It was only about 200 yards from the daycare & steps from the pool. Calla was WONDERFUL and Lacey was pretty cooperative too. We put both girls into daycare on Friday morning so we could ski together & had a GREAT time! Lacey did great in daycare all weekend-both with & without Calla which was wonderful. Calla had a blast skiing & was very nice (much improved in the past week-I think the book is helping some). She even skied moguls & the 1/2 pipe a few times. She got cheers from the lift while in the 1/2 pipe & was so impressed with herself. No shortage of self confidence there! Sleeping was the only hard part of the trip-but I'll deal with that.

I also was sick the entire time. I have had a cold & then thought I chipped a tooth or something. Luckily the dentist squeezed me in before we left on Thursday morning & they couldn't figure out what's wrong. So gave me some amoxicillin to knock out anything that might be going on & told me it would either get better or worse (thanks...) So I was taking Advil & Tylenol on a 3 hour rotation & made it through the weekend. I'm feeling better now-but it wasn't too much fun. So I hope that means that it was just a bad sinus infection or something like that. I also started wearing a tooth guard while sleeping because Curtis said he'd heard me grinding my teeth. So hopefully I'm all fixed up.

I haven't had a chance to read what you all were up to while I was gone-but will have to check that out later today. It felt strange not to be on the computer for 3 days-but also very nice.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 10:05am

Yay for March! Bring on the warm weather, please. Right after a little snow tomorrow and Weds...sigh.

Glad you have a fun time, Laura.

We are having a rough time financially right now. We just had to spend a bunch of money last month to fix the boiler. Then DH brought my van to get inspected yesterday and it turned out the front brakes were totally shot and needed to be replaced. Now the dog won't move and I had to call the vet. Plus we still need to replace the roof. We don't have the money for this! I should probably try to pick up freelance work again.

Photobucket

pregnancy calendar

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 10:20am

Morning Everyone,

Well, we survived the snow. By the time things all wound down we ended up with 30+ inches. We lost power on Thursday and it didn't come back until late Saturday. Phoebe actually enjoyed it, we ended up camping out in the living room on Friday night - she thought it was great. I have to admit, by Saturday the no power thing was getting old. It was beautiful snow though - like a postcard. I've attached some pictures.

Laura, sounds like you guys had great weekend. Isn't it great when things work out like that?

Winter 09 siggy

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 11:13am

Andrea, the snow is beautiful. Is Phoebe in a fort or something?

Laura, glad you had a great time. I hope you feel better soon.

Lori, I read an article this morning about Duke overcharging some customers. Do you have Duke for your electricity? Hopefully, that was the problem.

It feels like it should be about 4pm. T had a dentist appointment this morning so we were up early. No cavities!

Something I have on is smelling like really strong, stinky

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 11:15am

Andrea, that last pic of Phoebe is great! You got more snow than we did, for sure.

Yay for no cavities, Wendi. Did you change deodorants?

The vet has no openings today for the dog. I'm on a waiting list. Seriously? A waiting list? For a vet appointment?

Photobucket

pregnancy calendar

Gender Prediction

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 11:22am

Jenna, it's too much trouble to change. It's the same one I've been wearing so I don't know what's different today. I'll just keep wrinkling my nose and ignore it. :)

Wendi

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 12:02pm

Morning. We are all kind of back to normal. I ended up getting the boys sickness over the weekend too. Although it came out the other end... lovely. Actually, that was probably better, being pregnant and all. Hopefully DH doesn't get it and we are all over it. DH has such a busy week at work that he can't afford to take off.

Laura, that ski trip sounds like so much fun. Glad the girls did so well. That is great that she did the moguls and 1/2 pipe. I am impressed! DH took Liam skiing yesterday and DH is starting to get frustrated. Liam just keeps falling (not really trying) and DH is getting sick of him saying, "I can't do it". He asks him if he wants to leave and Liam says no. Then when DH brought out the video camera he was a new boy! Didn't fall at all, snow plowed, went down on his own, etc... He is just being lazy at times. Any advice? I wear a bite plate at night too. I use to wake up from grinding my teeth and I would sometimes actually be crunching on a piece of tooth. Yuck!! I wear it every night now.

Jenna, sorry that money is so tight right now. I hate that feeling. Will you be getting any tax money back to help out? I am stressing about money too. The crazy thing is that we have offers and one has been accepted on the ice cream trailer, but nobody wants to commit to it by paying! Grrrr...

Andrea, those are beautiful pictures! Looks like Phoebe had a good time playing in it. You almost needed show shoes to get out of your front door!

Wendi, yay to no cavities! We need dentist apts. here too. Just waiting for DH to get his new job so we have dental insurance. Hopefully it is not much longer.

Lori, hi! I forgot what I was going to say. ;)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 12:48pm

I'm meekly popping in to say hi...

Hi.

I haven't been here in a while...

How are yous all?

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jessjuly2010siggy
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 12:58pm

Wendi, DH and Phoebe built a tunnel/fort in the back yard. Phoebe loves it. They even put in a window.

Kristi, We actually used snowshoes around the back yard! We couldn't open our front door, we had to use the side door and shovel around to the front. Sorry about everyone getting sick, it sounds like what we all had a couple of weeks ago. As unpleasant as it was it didn't last long.

Jenna, I can't say as I've ever heard of a waiting list for a vet appt - is there another one you could call?

Winter 09 siggy

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 1:05pm

The only other vet we've used is an emergency vet, and they are super expensive, a lot more expensive than our local vet. So I'm still waiting for a call. The dog "tells" me it's her right hind leg.

Kristi, I'm sorry you got sick but I'm sure the other end is better than puking to dehydration. I hope DH stays well. Maybe he will if you were doing most of the sick boy tending.

Photobucket

pregnancy calendar

Gender Prediction

Photobucket

Pages