Kelty Carrier

iVillage Member
Kelty Carrier
Fri, 11-13-2009 - 5:49pm

Just thought I'd pass on my great discovery...When Calla was a baby we bought a Kelty carrier for her. We have used it a TON but it was still in great shape. (We really loved it!) When it came time to put Lacey into it we dropped her in & started to adjust the straps & all of the straps that were red started to break (basically they just dissolved when we touched them). I called Kelty & the guy said, "Send it back & we'll send you a new one-it's happened before" or something along those lines. So-it was going to be a pain to mail the thing & we use it all the time so I kept putting it off. (It was still safe to use as the red straps are just places to tighten it & keep her more secure-but at 1 year-old she couldn't have gotten out or fallen out) And-I couldn't find a box to put the stupid thing into so I put it off. Finally I sent it back about 2 weeks ago. Today in the mail I got a brand new & beautiful carrier for Lacey. It is the new style and brand spakin' new! I'm so excited to say the least. I can't wait to put Lacey in & go for a hike. Think we'll give it a try tomorrow. Just thought I'd let you all know to check out your old carriers & make sure there's not a problem with yours too.

The only bad thing was that it was pretty expensive to mail the old pack in-so if we weren't going to use it for Lacey I probably wouldn't have done it...

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
In reply to: ruke96
Fri, 11-13-2009 - 6:16pm

Huh, that is good to know. We borrow a friends Kelty when we need it and we love it too! It seems that the more you pay for a product of better quality, the better you get taken care of. At least that is my experience in the past.

Photobucket