QOTD: Thursday 5-6

iVillage Member
QOTD: Thursday 5-6
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 9:32am

Do your LBs get an allowance? How much? Is it automatic or do they have to do stuff to earn it? Can they spend their money on anything they want or are there any rules about it?

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
In reply to: ruke96
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 9:37am
We just started giving Calla an allowance about a month ago. We give her 50 cents every Sunday morning. 10% of it she is "expected" to take to church for her offering. (I just tell her that's what she's doing & she doesn't protest at all) She doesn't have to do anything to earn the money-we went back & forth about this & decided to use it as a reward for all of the things she does around the house & if she doesn't want to do something during the week I just remind her that it's part of being the the family to do things she doesn't always like. She can spend the rest of the money however she wants. She has taken it to the store with us a few times but so far hasn't purchased anything with it. As I said in my other post she wants to buy some junk at the dollar store today. She has 3 things in mind so said she'd take $3 with her just in case they have it all but she might not spend that much. We'll see how it goes.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 9:51am

The girls dont get an allowance.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 10:19am

Logan doesn't really get a regular allowance yet.

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 11:42am

T does get an allowance. It is 75 cents because it's easy to divide. I do the three cups idea. One quarter goes in the save it cup, one goes in the donate cup and the other is to spend on whatever he wants.

It is more of an allowance in that no matter how much or how little of his chores he does, he gets it. I don't like to associate the two together. We all are expected to do certain things to make a happy house and family. At this point it's more about how to wisely manage money. He is very excited to save his money for toys I won't buy him and he is so proud to put his money in the collection basket at church.

I want to get this piggy bank with four chambers that does the same system we do but adds an investing category. www.msgen.com I love their teen planner system.

Wendi

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 12:39pm

My kids don't get an allowance, and I don't know if/when they will.