QoTD: Tues 3-30

iVillage Member
QoTD: Tues 3-30
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 10:45am

Did you go to college?

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 10:51am

I went to college & have a BS in Civil Engineering & a BA in Liberal Arts (very useful!) ;) I am using my engineering degree when I work. I design bridges or other "transportation" structures (monorails, retaining walls, boring stuff like that).

I would like to do something else for a living-but I don't know what that would be & I'd feel guilty to waste my education. My "dream job" is to be a ski host at a ski resort. Where you hang out on the ski hill & help people who are looking for something or just want suggestions on where to go next. A girl can dream right?

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 11:14am
I did go to college, I got my BS in Environmental Engineering. Currently, I work more in a science field, than engineering, but I do enjoy my job. As for wanting to do something else for a living, I would love to be able to do more hands on stuff, but in reality it would still probably be in the environmental arena.
Winter 09 siggy

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 5:21pm

I have a B.S. in biology (attended nursing school, switched to biology/psychology b/c I planned to become a physician's assistant, but changed my mind two weeks before it started).

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 5:54pm

I have a BS in math.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 6:31pm

Bridgette, is it the university I think it is? ;)

You are all so impressive. I got two useless degrees--a BA with a concentration in anthropology, and an MA in anthropology. I had planned on a PhD but halfway through the MA I realized it wasn't for me. Then I fell into publishing, where I spent seven years.

When I go back to work I'm thinking I might want to train as a lactation consultant. I dunno.

Photobucket

pregnancy calendar

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 11:11pm
I went to college and started out as an engineering major, but quickly realized that wasn't for me. I then switched schools and became a math major and earned my teaching certificate for 4th - 8th grade and secondary mathematics. I was

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 11:03pm

I went to a university for four months for general business (basically because I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, and I just picked business because I figured I'd have numerous job opportunities), and it was really boring and I missed home and I ended up quitting just before Christmas.

The following year my boyfriend (now husband), and I both went to college in the same town where I went to university, but we lived at my parents house and drove up there.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 7:26pm

OK here's mine...

I started at a four year university in Orlando. It was all fun. They let me go... :)
Went to a 2 year college in Orlando. Got bored. Worked more than full time at a big box store with a penchant for orange. Met DH. Awwww.

Got all pregnant and junk. Had Syd. Got all sad that I didn't finish college because school is incredibly important to me. Went to a 2 year college in Daytona. Got my AA. YEA!

Petitioned the four year university in Orlando to let me back in. Worked my booty off to get back in. Jumped through giant flaming hoops. Got back in! YEA! Really strict requirements to stay in. Had to maintain a B average, not so hard... two kids make it a lot harder than you would think... lol. They let me go when I got a C in one class. Jerks.

I was majoring in History. I LOVE history. Want to get my degree really bad but I'm not sure what to do because there isn't a university close that I could go to.

I am currently a SAHM. Love it!

I do read a ton of historical non fiction. I watch a ton of documentaries. I try to learn still without being in school.

One neat thing is that DH is going back to school. GO him! He is 37 right now and he wants to get a degree in Electrical Engineering. I'm rooting for him!!! GO SWEETIE!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jessjuly2010siggy
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2010 - 8:01pm
Jess, could you get your degree online?

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball