QoTD: Weds 3-31

iVillage Member
QoTD: Weds 3-31
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 7:27am
Lets talk about the never ending battle today----laundry!

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 7:31am
I do laundry when I need something thats dirty, or when I notice the hampers getting full.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 9:43am

I hate laundry. But years ago DH & I made a deal that I would do laundry & he'd do the bills. However-through the years the bills have gotten MUCH easier (electronic bill pay & such) and my laundry has increased with the girls. But-since I have more time at home I try not to complain.

I do laundry every Monday-usually 3 or 4 loads (and sometimes I don't finish until Tuesday). I regularly do another load or two or three later in the week as needed. I try to fold it & put it away as I go. I do iron a few things-but I save up a bunch of ironing & then do it all at once. So it's only about every 2-3 months that I do it. DH usually says, "I'm almost out of good shirts again." So then I have to do it in the next few days. He only wears a "good" shirt once a week at the most so it's rare that I need to do that. He also has some wrinkle free shirts that I LOVE-but my laundry is in the basement & sometimes I don't hear the buzzer when the dryer finishes & then his shirts get wrinkled sitting down there.

I did get a clothes line last year & love it. I mainly hang out diapers (I switched to cloth diapers with Lacey so I do those every other day or so-but they are fast & easy) I would LOVE to hang out towels-but they always come out feeling like cardboard if I do that. Any advice on how to keep stuff like that softer? Do you use a liquid fabric softener? I have never used liquid so I don't know if that would help or not.

Wow-long answer hu?

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 10:14am
We usually do a load of laundry every other day and then on the weekends we do everything including sheets. Since DH and I usually go the gym at lunch we have gym clothes that need to be washed too so it adds up quick if we don't do any during the week. I have to admit though at least DH helps with the laundry too. We do fold the laundry right away but it doesn't always get put away immediately, sometimes it takes a couple of days. Ironing is only done out of necessity - or when I'm quilting.
Winter 09 siggy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 11:25am

Lets talk about the never ending battle today----laundry! (insert groan here) How often do you do laundry? Do you have a set day? Or just whenever things pile up? Do you fold/put away the laundry as soon as its done? Do you iron? If so, what and how often?

I do laundry ever weekend. It takes me a full day on Saturday of doing laundry and when I dry things, I throw it on the small couch that nobody sits on. At night time when DH and I sit down to relax and watch a t.v. show, we fold it and put it away together. It goes so much faster that way. I don't mind doing laundry. It kind of feels good to clean out the baskets and make things fresh again for the beginning of the week. DH rarely does a load. Every now and then he will pop a load in but I know what things I want dried and what things that I hang dry. I don't want my shirts shrunk. ;)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 12:49pm
I do laundry whenever I notice the hampers getting full. DH usually folds it, unless I have time during the day. It often sits in the basket for a few days until I put it away.

Photobucket

pregnancy calendar

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 1:27pm

I do laundry daily at this house. We have an upstairs laundry room but we spend most of our time downstairs during the day. So I don't hear when it's finished. I switch out loads every time I walk by.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 1:39pm
Laura, I don't think you can use any fabric softener on any of your laundry if you're doing cloth diapers.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 1:45pm

I tried to make some sort of laundry schedule, but I don't always stick to it.

Mondays are officially for sheets.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 2:47pm

How often do you do laundry?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-31-2010 - 11:07pm

Ugh, HATE laundry!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers