Redneck Lent

iVillage Member
Redneck Lent
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 3:37pm

Thought this was cute....

Each Friday night after work, Bubba would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak.
>> But, all of Bubba's neighbors were Catholic..And since it was Lent,they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday.
>>
>>
>> The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their
>> priest.
>>
>>
>> The Priest came to visit Bubba, and suggested that he become Catholic.
>> After several classes and much study, Bubba attended Mass...and as the
>> priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, 'You were born a Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a Catholic.
>>
>>
>> Bubba's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood.
>>
>>
>> The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Bubba's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement.
>>
>>
>> There stood Bubba, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted:
>>
>>
>> You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a catfish.

flowers.gif picture by lambball

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_lambball
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 5:46pm
Very cute. We were talking about meals for this week & DH said, "We should have fish for dinner on Good Friday right?" I just laughed at him. Neither of us are the least bit catholic so I don't know where that came from & that he thought it was just Good Friday made me giggle. Needless to say fish is not on my menu plan for Friday. I usually make fish on Tuesday because Wednesday is trash day & then it doesn't stink up the garage. But we had it on Sunday so I don't have to have it today. (I really don't like fish but eat it because it's good for us)

-Laura

DD 1/24/05