Sports and extracurriculars?

iVillage Member
Sports and extracurriculars?
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 10:21am

With our LB's turning five and with Spring approaching what activities do you have lined up?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 10:33am

Thankfully, our spring schedule doesnt include Maddy yet.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 10:52am
Connor did soccer in the fall and winter and starts Little League in April. They'll have one practice a week and games on Sundays. I'm not sure baseball is really going to be his sport because there isn't much running involved, but he asked to try it out so we'll give it a shot. I did tell him he is not doing more than one sport at a time for now. I'm not driving him all over the place all week at 5 yo!

Photobucket

pregnancy calendar

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 11:33am

Liam just started a T ball clinic, where they basically teach them the skills and the basics of the game. Next year, if he likes T ball, we will start him in a league.

Last year Liam did a soccer skill class. This year, in April and May, he will actually do practices once a week and games on Saturday. I am actually excited about this, since I will be on maternity leave. I think he got bored of "not playing real games" last year.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 11:53am

Calla has been in ballet since the fall & loves that. She also announced the other day that she wants to play t-ball. So I found a league nearby-but they have NO information on their web site about how often they play &/or practice & when the league actually starts/stops. there is a parent meeting this week-but not sure if we'll go or not. The league is for 5-18 year-olds. So I think the parent meeting will be more for the little league type of kids. But guess we'll discuss it again.

We have also been talking about getting Calla into some type of music lesson. There is a lady nearby who teaches piano lessons that I've heard great things about-but we don't have a piano-so we'd have to figure out something for her to practice. There is also a good Kindermusik class for the older kids in our area (5-8) that I've heard great things about. Calla can also play a trumpet (which amazes me!) so we've talked about trying to encourage that. Hard to know what she'll be ready for in the fall. Or with starting Kindergarten that will be enough & we should wait a bit longer to try to introduce yet another thing...any suggestions?

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 12:56pm

Sydney has been in gymnastics since she was 18 mo.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 7:59pm

Jackson has been taking swim lessons since he was 3.

Photobucket