Thoughtful Thursday 11/19

iVillage Member
Thoughtful Thursday 11/19
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 9:11am
Someone mentioned Thursdays could be a day to do book reviews and such, but since some of us (me) dont read that often, I thought I'd make it a Thoughtful Thursday.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 9:14am

As is pretty typical for me, I'm not currently reading anything.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 12:18pm
I started reading a book about Too Blessed to be Stressed-but didn't even make it thru the first section of it before I got bored with it. I had a neighbor/friend tell me that she no longer wants to be my friend (how jr high can you get?!??!) and I was stressed about that-but then realized that we were really only friends because we were neighbors & had nothing else in common. Life is actually easier without her in my life even though it is hard to be "dumped" like that. So I decided that the book can wait until I have real stress in my life. Maybe I'll start it again next week when MIL is in town. ;)

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 12:26pm

LOL Laura, to the MIL stress.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 2:27pm

Lemme see, I just finished reading Underground which was about Mark Rudd and his involvement with the SDS and the Weathermen in the late 60s and early 70s. Great book.

Now I'm on to The Lost City of Z, which is about the search for the mythical El Dorado and those who have been lost trying to find it. I'm only a couple of chapters in now but it seems interesting.

I've been getting books from the library and am trying to read two every three weeks.

Did anyone watch Glee last night? LOVED IT!

Did anyone catch any of the WWII in HD? I've been watching and catching up when I can. That is some amazing footage. The history geek in me has been verrrrry happy these last few nights... LOL!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jessjuly2010siggy
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 3:21pm

Laura I have a book with the same kind of theme and I can't make it through it either lol.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 7:37pm

I just haven't read anything for me since T was born. I love to but I just don't make time for it. We do like to listen to audio books when we travel but it has to be something DH will like so it's usually something I'm not really into.

As for shows, Ghost Hunters is one I DVR but I haven't watched it this season at all. Sigh. DH has me hooked on "The Shift" on Discovery ID. It's a reality show about the homicide detectives in Indianapolis. Pretty cool since we live close. Pretty scary since we live close. He also has me hooked on "Big Break" on the Golf Channel. It's a reality show about ... golf. I'll leave it at that.

What I am

Photobucket