What are your plans for Superbowl?

iVillage Member
What are your plans for Superbowl?
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 3:59pm
Just wondering what everyone is doing for Superbowl this Sunday. Do you celebrate or do you stay away from the t.v.?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 5:26pm

Well, we have no "official" super bowl plans (never do).

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 5:32pm

We are planning on going to a friends house to watch the game. Basically, all the guys sit in the living room around the t.v. yelling, the women sit in the kitchen eating WAY too much and visiting. Oh, ya... and serving our DH's because they can't leave the t.v. ;) The kids will all play nicely together upstairs and we won't see them the whole time... I am hoping. ;)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-03-2010 - 8:26pm

I usually watch the Super Bowl only for the commercials. That is my favorite part. Think about how the guys typically are during the game, that's me during the commercials. SHHHHHHHHHH, everybody quiet the commercials are on!!!!!!!

I turn the TV we aren't watching the game on to the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. I also DVR it because T always asks for it the whole next week. I haven't checked but I'm sure they'll have it again this year. They are just too cute!

This year I will be more interested in the actual

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 8:58am

I have no interest in the game this year-but we will probably watch it. For the past few years we've had a superbowl party with the neighbors-but since I am no longer friends with the one neighbor I don't know if they're having it or not. I thought about trying to organize it with the other neighbors but I just really don't care this year. I talked to them the other day & they may be gone this weekend (at least Saturday) so didn't even want to bother with it. When we lived in Denver we had some GREAT superbowl parties. But that was many many years ago now.

Maybe we'll watch the puppy bowl too. That sounds like more fun.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 10:12am

Wendi, I like the commercials too. I don't "watch" the football game, but I tune in when the commercials are on.

What is the puppy bowl? What channel is that on?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 1:32pm

Kristi, the Puppy Bowl is just adorable. It's on Animal Planet and features puppies in an "arena" with yard lines and goal posts. They have chew toys and run around

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 2:17pm

Oh, too cute!! I will have to see if the kids can watch that upstairs to keep them quiet for a while. Thanks for the info!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 2:21pm

DH and I will be sitting in front of the TV for the entire game and commercials too!

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 5:16pm
We will be on a boat in the middle of the ocean on Superbowl Sunday. I think there will probably be some sort of party on the boat but I'm not sure. I don't really get into the Superbowl. We watched last year bc our friends had gotten a brand new HD TV and it was neat to watch it on that. Really we just ate and visited... lol!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jessjuly2010siggy