What does LB do?

iVillage Member
What does LB do?
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:50am

As I was washing dishes this morning, I was thinking about what Olivia does now, and how long she's been doing it, and then I wondered what Maddy should be doing but isnt, and maybe its just normal.

So, does your LB....

Change channels on the tv?

Use the dvd player/stereo?

Use the toaster?

Use the microwave?

If they dont, is it because you dont let them, or because they cant yet?

stpattyssig.jpg picture by lambball

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:55am
Interesting post, Lori. Connor doesn't do any of that stuff. I don't want him touching the remote, or the DVD player, or anything in the kitchen other than the fridge or cabinets.

Photobucket

pregnancy calendar

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:56am

So, does your LB....

Change channels on the tv?

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 11:33am

He does not do any of those things. The microwave and toaster are too high for him to reach safely and I just don't want him to operate the remotes quite yet.

He can push pause and play so he can go to the bathroom for both the TV and the DVD player. And just last week I let him use a plastic knife to "chop" a

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 1:42pm

Change channels on the tv? No-but can pause a show. She never watches "live" tv so everything is recorded. She would have to navigate the menus to watch something.

Use the dvd player/stereo? She can turn on the dvd player & stereo & change her cds & get them started.

Use the toaster? Nope-we only have a toaster oven & I don't want her using it.

Use the microwave? Nope-never even thought about letting her try. Ours is above the stove so I guess I should consider letting her use it occasionally.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 2:02pm

Change channels on the tv? Yes, and he also pauses, rewinds, fast forwards, etc.

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 5:12pm

Change channels on the tv? No, but I guess we could show him. It wouldn't hurt.

Use the dvd player/stereo? Nope. He seems to be a little hasty at times. I would hate him to jam a DVD in there and get it stuck.

Use the toaster? Nope. I guess I could show him but he would probably end up burning himself. I think I will do it for a little while longer.

Use the microwave? No. LOL we bought an OLD second hand micro from a coworker when we got married and surprisingly it is still working - 10 years later. It is complicated to run (babysitters need instructions) so I can't imagine Liam figuring it out.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:02pm

So, does your LB....

Change channels on the tv? Not really, but she knows how to operate the Tivo. She can put it on the list of shows, pick a show she wants to watch (she can recognize the names now), and watch it, pause it, fastforward and rewind.

Use the dvd player/stereo? No, but mainly because we haven't let her or it hasn't come up.

Use the toaster? No. It's out of her reach.

Use the microwave? It's waaaaayyyyyy out of her reach over the stove.

If they dont, is it because you dont let them, or because they cant yet? She seems to pick things up quickly, but I'm just not realy for her to do anything I think would be dangerous. She has started cutting her own food with a fork and that's something Alex didn't start until she was much older.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucketteachers.gif image by karileighthsew.gif image by karileigh

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 3:09pm

Change the channels on the TV? No, although she is usually watching DVDs so it doesn't really come in to play.

Use the DVD player/stereo? She can put in and take out DVDs and CD and she knows how to start the disc.

Toaster? No, it's pretty high and she still makes me nervous around hot things.

Microwave? It's over the stove so she can't reach it. Although sometimes We will hold her up and tell her what button to push.

Winter 09 siggy