Wonderful Wednesday 12/2

iVillage Member
Wonderful Wednesday 12/2
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 6:13am

Since yesterday's question was a bit on the negative side, and this is really the most wonderful time of the year, lets chat about all the wonderful things going on in our lives right now.

bsktballsiggy.jpg picture by lambball

3e23ad0b3a5bfa6c2a2ff43643f2971a3ed.jpg picture by lambball

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 6:51am

Thanks, Lori! Sometimes it is so hard to see the wonderful things because we focus on the negative so much.

DS's teachers are just wonderful. I know there are all kinds of them out there and this year he hit the jackpot. They don't take crap or let the kids get away with stuff

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 8:04am

Wendi, thats so great you have teachers this year willing to work with him on his behavior!

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 10:00am

Fun to hear what's going right for everyone else!

Things here are really good overall. DH has been very busy with work which is a wonderful thing-especially in this economy. He's even been able to bring some work home from me so I've had a little to do. Lacey is a very fun baby & so entertaining. She really cracks me up sometimes! (And jabbers even more than Calla did at this age which I really didn't expect since she was soooo vocal & still is) Calla is smarter than I ever thought she would be & is for the most part a very nice girl too. And-the best part is that we're all healthy & the girls have finished all of their shots for this winter so we have our fingers crossed that we don't get any of that nasty crud out there.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 11:56am

I am so very thankful that my boys are healthy and thriving. Liam surprises me every day with the things that he has learned. Jake is such a happy toddler and plays so well by himself, when needed.

Money is also tight, but no matter what, I have found that God provides for us. When we think that we are going to be short, some money comes our way. Interesting how that works. ;)

We have a wonderful family and friends that love to get together and play games and have dinner. I have just really enjoyed them lately. The kids all play nice together and we get to relax and enjoy a little kick back time.

I love my DH. He works so hard for us and does not complain much at all. He wants so desperately for me not to have to work and it shows.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 3:00pm

Good idea, Lori!

I'm also really happy with Connor's teachers this year. I've seen so much growth and development from him as a person and a new level of maturity. I'm just really proud of him. And I'm happy that going to preschool didn't totally kill off Luke's sweetness and innocence (at least not yet).

Lately my DH has really been stepping it up and giving me more alone time at nights and on the weekends, which I appreciate. And he's happier at his job, which means he's happier at home.

Fall sig

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 8:12pm

My first inclination when reading these comments is to think "wow - that's great that these people have such good lives" and wonder why mine doesn't feel like that.

BUT, instead of staying there, I'm going to think of the good only (while ignoring the bad)...

My body is strong and healthy.