Dec DYK!

iVillage Member
Dec DYK!
Sun, 12-01-2013 - 3:24pm

Last DYK for the year.  And what a year it has been for me.  I got the condo in Jan, moved in Feb, started the new job and the odosey that was Tay's broken foot in March.  His foot took us to Aug.  I got my skin cancer diagonsis in Sept and had surgery in Oct and stitches out in Nov.  I am tired!

Pages

Community Leader
In reply to: mom2addy
Mon, 12-02-2013 - 10:22pm
Ok, maybe I did see that about J. I swear I'm losing my mind. What was he thinking??? Do you think he will do it again? I don't understand the whole cheating thing…at all. Who has time for that, anyways? (The cheaters do, apparently.)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Community Leader
Mon, 12-02-2013 - 10:30pm
I just ordered my SIL a Dyson. I justified it by saying it was a combo gift for her and my BIL and the baby, and a joint housewarming gift. She has very light carpets, a crawling baby and a hubby with allergies and she vacuums every day. It killed me to see her struggling with vacuuming while we were there. Even though they plan to get rid of the carpets, it is great on hard flooring too. It was a lot more than I wanted to spend but they need so much with being in their first house and it makes up for years and years of buying useless gifts (or none at all). I think I'll take the next few years off from buying them anything! LOL

Michelle

iVillage Member
In reply to: banderamama
Tue, 12-03-2013 - 6:05am
I have no idea what he was thinking. I haven't talked with him about it at all. How do you bring that up?
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-03-2013 - 6:06am
Good call on the Dyson. My dad was looking at black Friday ads and asked me if I have one. I don't so I think I will be getting one for Christmas.
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-03-2013 - 6:09am
Tay hasn't seen much of his big bro but he called last night and we planned 3 outings for them in the next 2 weeks!!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-03-2013 - 6:14am
I am so stupid! I took Tay's phone away from him and hid it in my room and now that he needs it I can't find it.
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-03-2013 - 7:11am
Happy birthday Karen!!!!!!!! How does 40 feel?!
Community Leader
Tue, 12-03-2013 - 11:04am
Yeah, I don't think I would bring it up but it depends on how how close you are. If it was a sister-sister thing or a brother-brother thing then I think it's a lot easier. I don't have a blood brother so I'm not sure though. :)

Michelle

Community Leader
Tue, 12-03-2013 - 11:07am
I LOVE our Dyson and I bought ours without doing research on the model…I got it on Black Friday a few years ago at Kohls. I hope he gets you one! I think ours isn't one of the top rated models and it works great. I love how easy it is to push. I don't even use a broom to sweep anymore…I use the Dyson on everything. I got hers at Walmart.com and they had a free attachment of your choice. I got her one that lets you vacuum under the couch without moving it. We need one of those badly!! She probably won't use it as long as she has carpet, but it seemed more useful than the other options. (Car cleaning kit, mattress cleaning attachment, etc.) The car cleaning kit seems useful but I think she has a shop vac.

Michelle

Community Leader
Tue, 12-03-2013 - 11:11am

That's great Tay is getting together with his Big Bro…Christmas has to be hard for them. Hope you find the phone! Did I tell you that I found both my cameras on my desk when I cleaned my office last weekend? They were sitting right next to each other under a mound of papers. Ugh. That's ok…I really needed the DSLR for work.

Michelle

Pages