DYK Its August 2013
Thu, 08-01-2013 - 10:23pm

Cant believe summer is almost over!1

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-01-2013 - 10:35pm

Ok now i cant even  post my replies. ugh

Laurie thats crazy that Camryn's teacher will retire inthe middle of the school year. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 3:27pm
Yeah, I don't understand it either. And why would they put a student who has just switched to that school in a class that will switch teachers halfway through the year? I was going to call the school and ask if she could be in a different class but my mom's friend knows the teacher who is retiring and said she is great. Hopefully things will work out fine.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 4:47pm
Thanks for starting a new thread, Yuliya...you are so on top of it!!

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Community Leader
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 4:53pm
Good thing I got so much done yesterday. Today has been a bust! I brought my computer in to get the hard drive partition expanded before crossfit, thinking he would have it done by the time I got done. It took longer than he thought though so I ran home, showered, and headed back out to handle some errands. I needed a new pair of Rainbow flips because my others I wore the foam down completely at the top! Then I went to Target and bought birthday presents for the two parties we are going to tomorrow. I decided to pick up some schools supplies while I was there, since they were on sale. The second grade list is pretty small...just anticipating how many extra requests we'll get during the year. :-/

Michelle

Community Leader
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 5:52pm
Ugh. I guess today is "screw over Michelle" day. I just found five $6 charges from Delta In-flight. I haven't flown since the end of May, and even if I did make those charges (which I may have bought one snack but that would have been it), I would have charged to my business debit card since it was a business trip. My bank told me to call Delta. Delta said they weren't valid Delta charges and I should dispute them. I was on hold 7 minutes with my bank before i gave up. So now I'm on hold 7 minutes and counting with Gymboree because when I placed an order a few weeks ago they didn't accept my Gymbucks. I called c/s at the time and also emailed them...the girl told me they would process via email and give me a refund or reduce the charge to my debit. I just realized that they charged the full amount. Why doesn't anybody answer the frickin' phone??? I need a drink. Good thing LeapPad customer service is closed today because that just might have sent me over the edge. (Gape's Leap Pad is acting funky.)

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-03-2013 - 8:48am
Ugh...my sinuses are getting worse instead of better. I took my last pill from the z pack this morning along with some claritin D but its not helping at all. My head feels like its going to explode and everything I put my head down my face and head start throbbing :( And DH keeps suggesting I do these natural remedies, like eating horseradish and drinking apple cider vinegar. Yeah, sure. I know I have wicked bacteria in my sinuses and need stronger antibiotics. Not sure if we will go camping...its raining. They say its going to stop for the afternoon but the radar doesn't look too promising. We will see.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 08-03-2013 - 11:39am
Sorry Laurie - when I went to urgent care for my SIs and told them I was allergic to zithromax, they said, "we wouldn't prescribe that one for a sinus infection anyways." If I wasn't allergic, I wouldn't have argued with someone who wanted to try it though...5 days and only once a day is so much easier than the alternative! I am feeling like I may have dodged it this time, after a few days of mucinex, flonaise and zyrtec. I am using flonaise every day now, even when I don't feel sick. It just isn't worth the risk to me to get another SI. I'm sure I'll still get them, but 3 months of being on antibiotics was a wakeup call that maybe I should listen to my doctor. Plus I can feel it working...within 30 seconds of using it, I can feel my sinuses open up (even though I didn't feel stuffy to begin with). I'm thinking about seeing the allergist when I take Gabe for his annual food allergy checkup. I know what he's going to tell me...kick the cats out of the bedroom. No way I could do that though! Mistletoe would just scratch at the door and cry all night.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-03-2013 - 12:02pm
I actually feel a bit better and the rained stopped so we are going camping. The last time I saw my ENT he told me to just tell my PCP that the zpack doesn't work and that I need levoquin. But when I went on tuesday the PA examined me, left the room and came back saying he had sent the order for a zpack to the pharmacy already. So I figured I'd just try it. But I guess I really do need the stronger stuff.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 08-03-2013 - 12:37pm
Be careful with Levaquin! It has a black box warning - after it was approved, they started getting reports of blown tendons. The NP warned me to stop taking it if I got any muscle or joint pain. I decided to try it because it was a 5-day dose like zithromax. But then I took it for 3 days and when I got out of bed one morning my calves were really sore. I called the doc and he told me to stop taking it and gave me something else.

Michelle

Community Leader
Sat, 08-03-2013 - 12:38pm
Glad you are feeling better...have fun camping!!!

Michelle

Pages