DYK Its February!!

iVillage Member
DYK Its February!!
Sat, 02-01-2014 - 7:20pm

Hopefully the winter weather will start winding!!

Pages

Community Leader
Wed, 02-05-2014 - 12:14am
Yay for Cali! I hope the weather is nice while you are here. It is always "ok" but not as nice as I'd like it to be that time of year. Seems like it doesn't actually get warm until mid-July. At least near the coast (Karen must think I'm crazy for saying that living in LA). But it is usually in the 70s until at least July...then summer lasts until November. I'm sure you will be more than thrilled to see sunlight though! ;)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Community Leader
Wed, 02-05-2014 - 12:28am
Yes, I'm still doing Crossfit! I love it...but mostly for the social/team aspect. I have never stuck with a program working out on my own. I'm not losing much weight but I know I'm gaining muscle. I am playing around with my diet right now. I started following Paleo guidelines in August and lost a size but have stayed the same since the end of October. But...I had the holidays in there and took 7 weeks off from Crossfit with family visits, traveling and an injury. So I'm really just getting back into it and should be happy with maintaining through the holidays. I'm still eating Paleo but trying to eat a little less food. I am getting much stronger and can see more muscle definition...but it is still covered by a layer of fat, LOL. I'm going to talk to my Dr about doing a deeper dive on thyroid/hormone issues because I have gained so much weight since I stopped nursing Gabe. I totally get the calorie burn thing but for the last year I was nursing him, it was only once a day for pete's sake! So I'm wondering if it's a hormone imbalance...but what would they do about that? I know you can take hormones but I'd rather be overweight than have cancer. :(

Michelle

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-05-2014 - 12:55pm
They left room for 8 days at the end of the year for snow days and we have used 6. After 8 they will take days away from April vacation. Either way its less I will have to pay for childcare or suer camp.
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-05-2014 - 12:56pm
They called for Natalie's district last night too. So we got to sleep in a little...Natalie was still up at 5:45 but Camryn slep until 7.
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-05-2014 - 12:58pm
My office is closed today too so I don't have to work and I don't have to take vacation time. But sometimes I feel I'd rather work than to stay home with my crazy kids. I swear all they do is fight with each other. Natalie is watching a movie now and I'm totally hoping she fall asleep for a bit. I might take a ride to Target later to get out of the house. They roads aren't bad now.
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-07-2014 - 6:06am
I have good news for once! Things with Taylor have been so much better this week. He has a new girlfriend and he has been talking to me about her!!! On Sunday I am taking them to the movies, James and I are going to see the Lego Movie and they are going to see something else. He has also worked hard at school.
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-07-2014 - 12:42pm
That's great, Val!! Have a good time at the movies.
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-07-2014 - 12:45pm
Any good plans for the weekend? Tomorrow my mom and I are going out for breakfast and then to Trader Joes. I love that store but the closest one is about 45 min away. But I think its worth the drive. Then Natalie has soccer at 12 and Camryn has basketball at 1. Then in the evening we are going to my cousins for her daughters birthday. No plans yet for Sunday. I was thinking maybe a museum or the science center. We will see.
Community Leader
Fri, 02-07-2014 - 3:03pm
Great news, Val. I hope Taylor's good attitude continues. The Lego movie looks cute!

Michelle

Community Leader
Fri, 02-07-2014 - 3:06pm
We are cleaning tomorrow. I have to finish my office, fold like 7 loads of laundry and we also have to do a real cleaning. We canceled the cleaning service to save $$. We figure the kids can start helping out with that. But then my laundry folder resigned because she got a house cleaning job. That sucks! I hate hate hate folding laundry. So we might take them to Disney or the zoo on Sunday to reward them, as long as everything goes ok tomorrow. Addison has a sleepover tonight with one of the neighbor friends!

Michelle

Pages