DYK Its February!!

iVillage Member
DYK Its February!!
Sat, 02-01-2014 - 7:20pm

Hopefully the winter weather will start winding!!

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-01-2014 - 7:24pm
Anyone around tonight? We had a fairly busy day. I ran to Target this morning and then DH brought Natalie to indoor soccer while I took Camryn to basketball. Today was picture day and then she had her game. This is her first year playing but she likes it. She's much better at defense than offense but she really enjoys playing. I've also been doing housework and laundry and the made dinner. Now we are just hanging out.
iVillage Member
Anyone around tonight? We had a fairly busy day. I ran to Target this morning and then DH brought Natalie to indoor soccer while I took Camryn to basketball. Today was picture day and then she had her game. This is her first year playing but she likes it. She's much better at defense than offense but she really enjoys playing. I've also been doing housework and laundry and the made dinner. Now we are just hanging out.
iVillage Member
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-01-2014 - 7:26pm
Sorry about the 3X post...laptop is being a butthead with the internet connection!!
Community Leader
Sun, 02-02-2014 - 12:15pm
Laurie...welcome back. We missed you!!!!!!!

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Community Leader
Sun, 02-02-2014 - 12:18pm
So excited! We are going to Costco in a bit to get a new TV. Not an expensive one...a smallish flat-screen for our front room. We re-organized it yesterday...brought all the toys upstairs (95% Gabe's, we've been making A keep her toys in her room for a few years now). I purged a bunch of toys and clothes from his room and closet. So now the front room will be less of a toy room and more of a Wii/Netflix area for the kids. We also moved things around in my office. I get to finish cleaning/reorganizing that today. I'm also making chili and quiche for the week.

Michelle

Community Leader
Sun, 02-02-2014 - 12:24pm
Laurie, I've been encouraging Addison to pick up a sport and she just isn't interested! We offered to try soccer again, or softball. It had seemed like she was getting more competitive as she got older (and she is athletically built) so I am a little surprised. I think I'm going to look for a new gymnastics place...her current gym, all the trainers are high-schoolers and I don't see any adult supervision. They don't really give the girls many pointers and don't seem to be paying much attention. Addison seems to have inherited my lack of coordination and I'd like to see her get some help while she is still "moldable." She is a good swimmer too. I'll probably get her back in lessons this summer for stroke development.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-02-2014 - 3:26pm
Yay for a new TV. Camryn keeps destroying her room but has been pretty good at picking it up. We won't let her go anywhere or do anything outside of her room until its clean. I always go in after and pick it up a little better, but she's been doing a good job.
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-02-2014 - 3:29pm
Camryn is definitely a sports girl and her body is totally built for it. She only wears yoga and sweat pants because her legs are so muscular that jeans are always too tight on her legs and butt but loose at the waist. In the spring she's playing both soccer and softball, which will be interesting considering they are on the same days. But she really wanted to try softball and I felt we should give her the chance. Natalie is still doing soccer but definitely isn't into it as much as Camryn. She isn't as coordinated. She is doing tap and ballet and enjoys that. To each their own I guess. Sounds like gymnastics or swimming would be good choices for Addison.
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-02-2014 - 3:33pm
Today I saw a patient for my per diem job and then I ran to the store to get a few things for tonight. We are going to my parents for a bit to watch the game but will come home at halftime, considering the game starts at like 6:30 eastern time. It supposed to snow a little tomorrow and then another storm on Wednesday. I hate figuring out school delays and cancellations. Luckily DHs new job is very flexible and he's been able to work from home a lot. Camryn has had 4 snow days and Natalie has had 3.

Pages