DYK Its February!!

iVillage Member
DYK Its February!!
Sat, 02-01-2014 - 7:20pm

Hopefully the winter weather will start winding!!

Pages

Community Leader
Mon, 02-03-2014 - 3:37pm
We got a 40" flatscreen at Costco for $299! I've never heard of the brand before (Hisense) but we were going for cheap and Costco adds an additional year on the warranty. The kids were able to watch a movie in the front room yesterday with the TV on in the living room and it wasn't too annoying. My office is still a mess. With all the cooking I did yesterday, I didn't have time to finish organizing it.

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Community Leader
Mon, 02-03-2014 - 3:41pm
I heard on NPR this morning that it was best to have kids do a variety of sports to prevent over-use injuries. Once they get older, you can let them specialize. I was thinking about Camryn when I heard the story!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-03-2014 - 8:30pm
That's a good deal for the TV. DH always worries about Camryn getting hurt or having over-use injuries but she has been fine so far. Last fall she did tweak her hanstring and was limping while she was running in one of her soccer games. She complained for a couple of week on and off, but only when she tried to run at full speed. Its been fine since the end of soccer.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-03-2014 - 8:36pm
Both of my girls had a snow day today and it looks like they will have another on Wednesday. And they are talking about a blizzard over the weekend. Ugh. DH worked from home today and I saw 4 patients at the assisted living facility. Not sure what we will do wednesday. If we get a lot of snow my office might close and then I would be able to stay home. Otherwise I might just take a vacation day. Its hard for DH to get all his work done when he's alone with the girls. And now he's managing a few employees as a little test of his management skills so I want him to be able to focus on his work. We will see.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-03-2014 - 8:36pm
I meant to write that they had a snow day today...it wouldn't let me go back to edit it!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-04-2014 - 6:05am

I thought yesterday was going to be horrid becuase I didn't get much sleep and then my assisstant and the shadow both called out sick.  My kids really steped it up and were on their best behavior.  But I didn't get much sleep again last night.  I woke up and the power had gone out.  Of course I left my cell phone down stairs and James took off with my flash light so I tried going back to sleep.  James woke up and was freaked because he couldn't see to go to the bathroom.  I braved the dark stair case to get my phone and it was only 12:40.  I got on fb and found out that somebody had hit a power line.  I finally went back to sleep to be woken up at 2 by Taylor, who was frreaked out from having no power.  Then I woke up when the power was turned back on around 4.  Crazy.

Community Leader
Tue, 02-04-2014 - 1:39pm
Oh no! I hope the kids take it easy on you again today Val. I got up at 4:30 to work and Gabe was downstairs by 5:15. I got him settled on the couch with cartoons and chocolate milk...then Addison was up at 5:45. They kill me! Of course when I try waking them up, it's like having to resurrect the dead.

Michelle

Community Leader
Tue, 02-04-2014 - 3:48pm
It takes 2 tries for my edits to take. Frustrating...

Michelle

Community Leader
Tue, 02-04-2014 - 3:49pm
Did you end up taking the day off today, Laurie? All those snow days have to be frustrating.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-04-2014 - 5:49pm
No, they had school today. They were off yesterday nd will most likely be off tomorrow. Hopefully my office will be closed tomorrow too so I don't have to work!!

Pages