DYK Its February!!

iVillage Member
DYK Its February!!
Sat, 02-01-2014 - 7:20pm

Hopefully the winter weather will start winding!!

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 9:07pm
He has his ipod but no wifi. I hope that he pulls it together soon. He has no idea how much his failure stresses me out!
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-17-2014 - 9:18pm
I still can't get my dad to nail down a date for our Disney trip. Grrrrr!
Community Leader
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 12:54pm
Ooh, the rock climbing park sounds fun!!! We had fun in the desert. I forgot to pack PJs and underwear for Addison so Saturday morning I went shopping, then got a pedicure, then swam with the kids. Sunday I let them swim then took them to the Lego movie. Yesterday I worked from MIL's house while G swam with the kids. I was bummed I had to work yesterday...the weather was gorgeous! Mid-to-high 80s and the sun was hot. President Obama was out there for the weekend so we got a kick out of the jets flying around patrolling the airspace. They got through most of his dads stuff...and got more laughs than sadness. He was a total pack rat. I can't even tell you here what we found. Maybe someday if we start up a secret FB group. LOL...let's just say I wanted to bleach my eyes after seeing some old slide negatives.

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 5:16pm
Yes, the rock climbing park was fun and she had a blast!! No school for her today..,.ugh, I'm so over it. Hopefully the board of ed will shorten the school year. For some reason they schedule 184 days when they only have to go 180. I think part of it is because they have many early dismissals for teacher meetings so they need the total hours to be at a certain number. But now they are scheduled to go until June 30th, the absolute last day alloved!! Its crazy. But so is this weather.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 5:20pm
Val...I hope Taylor starts to improve with his schoolwork and your dad gives you some dates so you can schedule your trip. My girls keep asking to go back to Disney...probably not for a few more years!
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 5:24pm
I did 4 visits at the assisted living facilty this morning and then came home around noon. It was not a fun drive...20 MPH on the highway with my wipers freezing up with ice!! And my work laptop needed some work done so I had to leave it at the office. Good excuse to not do my charting tonight, lol. Of course that means I need to do it tomorrow night. Oh well. We have nothing going on until indoor soccer thursday evening.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 5:30pm
M, I am glad you guys had a good trip. You needed it.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 5:31pm
L, we get a resident discount. I am trying very hard to take a trip every year and we love Disney so much that we keep going back.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 5:54pm
I'd love to go every year!! Next time we go we are planning on staying in one of the park hotels to campare the prices of the 2 trips. Last time we spent $1500 on airfare and almost as much on tickets into the parks. Evenn though my parents paid for the timeshare we still had to pay for parking, car rental, food and then we went to legoland for a day. In total it was almost $5000!! I definitely think we can di it cheaper, but maybe just a 5 day trip instead of a full week. We will see...maybe in 2015 or 2016. First we need to move into a larger house.
Community Leader
Tue, 02-18-2014 - 11:59pm
I think our resident discount this spring is $129 for 2 days? And a little more for park hopper. 3 days is $159. I might push for the 3 days. Although I can't see G going for more than 2 days and I don't think I have the energy to take 2 kids there by myself. Too bad the tickets weren't transferrable, like in the "olden days." I remember buying tickets from someone in a parking lot for Disney World when I was a kid. Why pay full price when you can buy them off someone who regretted the 5-day pass!! LOL My dad bought us 5 days when we were in our late teens...we were like..."WTH are you thinking, Dad...we want to go to Daytona!" So we went to Disney for 2 days then he sold the tickets and we went to Daytona. :)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages