DYK Its February!!

iVillage Member
DYK Its February!!
Sat, 02-01-2014 - 7:20pm

Hopefully the winter weather will start winding!!

Pages

Community Leader
Wed, 02-19-2014 - 12:03am
And of course we live 45 minutes away from DL so the extra costs are pretty low. Parking is pretty cheap and we don't eat all of our meals there because we get there after breakfast and usually leave right before dinner. Since we are so close, we don't feel like we have to squeeze every last bit of awesomeness out of the place. Next time I do want to plan ahead and get to California Adventure early enough to enjoy some of the Cars rides. All the cool stuff was closed to the fast pass or had 2-hour waits by the time we got there.

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-19-2014 - 6:13am

We only went for Night of Joy with our church this last year because we went to NC for New Years.  The boys really want to take a Disney cruse, so I think  we will try that in the next few years.  Our deals are better than CA again,  It is 129 for 3 days and I can get a Disney hotel for  about 125 a night, which encludes parking or you can ride a bus to the parks, which is what I do because I don't want to have to think about driving back to the hotel at the end of the day.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-19-2014 - 6:17am
I really need to get back to school and get away from my job. I found out that I am getting a new student March 1. He is doing ok with academics but is a behavioral mess. He chews everything, including table tops!, and likes to run away. We are on a 40 acre plot of land with a pond and our playground has no fence. Then a girl with Downs came to tour the school yesterday and would be in my class if she comes. She has never been in school before and is nonverbal for the most part. No offense to anyone, but I did not go into Special Ed for a reason and I don't like being thrown all of these kids that I can't properly take care of.
Community Leader
Wed, 02-19-2014 - 8:15am
Wow - that would be frustrating, Val. You would think the parents would want them in a special ed class where they can get the help they need. Don't they pay to send their kids to your school? When you zoom out, it seems that just generally speaking they should be able to afford better options. What age are you teaching again?

Michelle

Community Leader
Wed, 02-19-2014 - 8:17am
Will you leave your job and go to school full-time?

Michelle

Community Leader
Wed, 02-19-2014 - 8:23am
Now I'm wondering if I should take Gabe to DL this weekend. G & Addison are doing an Adventure Princess thing in the mountains. Gabe has started noticing that they do all these fun things together and is disappointed that he can't go...so I've started funning plan things with him on weekends that they have activities. My original plan was Legoland but I'm just not feeling it right now and IDK if G will have time to get me the tickets (half-price on base). I think he might still be a little too young for our children's museum. It is more of a science center and geared toward older kids.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-19-2014 - 7:38pm
My boss sugar coats it for the parents to buy into it. Most of our kids are on a scholarship that the state gives to special ed kids to be able to attend private schools, basically it give the money the state would be spending for them at a public school to us. Even James is on it for small portion of it because of his need for speech therapy. I have to see what kind of money I can get to go back to school. I am in the middle of the application process.
Community Leader
Wed, 02-19-2014 - 9:23pm
Ugh....well, that sucks that your boss misrepresents your school's capabilities. Hopefully the parents figure out that their kids would be better served elsewhere.

Michelle

Community Leader
Wed, 02-19-2014 - 9:24pm
Val - I bought two Powerball tickets tonight. If I win, I will pay for your grad school!!! LOL (The odds are only 1 in 175 million or something...) :)

Michelle

Community Leader
Thu, 02-20-2014 - 12:16am
IV is definitely faster. Yay! Hope it gets people chatting more. :)

Michelle

Pages