DYK it's NOVEMBER - gobble gobble!

iVillage Member
DYK it's NOVEMBER - gobble gobble!
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 2:22pm

Happy November everyone!

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 2:25pm

Laurie,  I'm so glad you guys didn't lose power! Are the girls back at school today? Have you had to visit any patients in the dark?

Michelle,  Are you feeling any better? That's funny that G spent forever carving his pumpkin. Was it worth the effort?

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 2:34pm

Alright I need some medical advice.

I thought I caught J's cold but my symptoms are really weird. I have this one spot in my throat that hurts when I swallow and when I yawn it hurts all the way into my ear on that side--weird! The lymph node in my neck right where my throat hurts is VERY tender. Any ideas? Should I just wait it out?

Also, every couple of weeks my side/lower back hurts. It feels like when I had kidney stones. It will last for a little while and then go away. It was bugging me yesterday and then again this morning to the point that I loaded up on fluids and took some ibuprofen. Should I be concerned?

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 5:26pm

Yes, the girls were back in school today.  But there was confusion with the buses.  If your town has school they are supposed to provide busing but her bus never arrived this morning.  I called the company and they said there was a mix up for our town and that she will be bused home.  Well then I get a call from her teacher at 3 saying there are no out-of-district buses.  Awesome.  Good thing I was done with work and able to get there in time.  I guess it was too confusing to figure out who lived in a town with school and who didn't.  Many of the surrounding towns are still out of school.  Who knows if her bus will come tomorrow...I am prepared to drop her off if it doesn't.  

3 of my patients didn't have power yesterday, but 2 of them had a generator so it wasn't bad.  But many of my friends still don't have power.  Its crazy!  And they are talking about another storm next week, possibly with snow. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 5:27pm

Sounds like a virus in your throat.  Its normal for the lymph node to get swollen.  I'd wait a few more days, unless you have a fever or other symptoms of strep.  Not sure about the other pain...might want to get it checked out.  

Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 4:09pm
Haha - well he didn't quite finish the pumpkin - it was way too intricate! It still looked good though. I am FINALLY feeling better. The fever Monday - Tuesday was bad enough but the sinus headache the past two days was just awful. She gave me a script for Vicodin. One pill barely peeled a layer off the pain and two pills took away most (not all) of the headache but made me so nauseous I couldn't move! As it is, my headache was making me nauseous so I had to choke down a tiny little bit of food each day. I lost 5 lbs...we'll see if it was just water weight because I sure don't feel any skinnier. LOL

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Community Leader
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 4:11pm
Sorry no ideas on the throat, Alicia. Funny y ou mention that about the kidneys. I've had that happen a few times too but it always went away on its own. I hope the water takes care of it...that's what I would do too!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 6:10pm

Thanks for your resonses! Dh just looks at me crazy when I tell him my symptoms. I worry over everything so sometimes it helps to check my worries with others and see if they're really worth worrying about.

Michelle, Glad you are feeling better! Sounds like the last few days have been miserable. Were you able to rest and relax or did you try and work through it all?

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 6:12pm

What's everyone doing this weekend?

We are around. I'm hoping to work on coursework and start my final project. I told dh that I am sleeping in tomorrow and don't want to see or here the kids before 10:30. I'm exhausted!

Community Leader
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 10:13pm

Well, I had a client who desperately needed stuff from me so I worked about 4-5 hours a day, from bed. 

Are your kidneys feeling any better, Alicia?

Michelle

Community Leader
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 10:15pm

I hope everyone lets you sleep in tomorrow, Alicia! 

I need to hit the mall if possible at some point this weekend. Nothing much else planned. My house is a disaster so I definitely need to clean! I was so pissed that G let it get in such bad condition this week, with me being sick. It was just picked up on Tuesday and this morning I woke up to a complete disaster. The kitchen was absolutely disgusting! So irritated...

Michelle

Pages