DYK it's still October?

Community Leader
DYK it's still October?
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 3:25pm

Since our other October thread has a glitch...here's a new one. Happy chatting! :)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

Community Leader
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 8:19pm
What browsers is everyone using to access iV? Yuliya can't see replies from her PC either...it's not just her phone. I checked the Help board and it sounds like some people are having problems with IE. I'm using Safari and Firefox and haven't had any issues beyond what most everybody is experiencing.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 8:41pm
I'm on Firefox.
Community Leader
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 9:05pm
You know I really wouldn't mind having a picky toddler eater in the family if it was just the two of us! Gabe's dinner tonight? Yogurt, a brownie kids' Clif bar and plums! then I could just eat what I wanted all the time! :)

Michelle

Community Leader
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 9:57pm
Karen - check out this one! I wonder if you could get the mold in time... http://www.hungryhappenings.com/2012/10/creepy-halloween-sweets-cake-ball.html

Michelle

Community Leader
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 11:22am
Happy Monday everyone!

Michelle

Community Leader
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 11:30am
I wonder how Alicia's trip home went? So much to do today...I need to stop procrastinating! Tomorrow will be a long day. A former colleague hired me to help her with media training. I haven't done it in a long time so I spent time yesterday and today doing prep...going through the presentation and figuring out my talk points. I'm excited to get back into it though. I hope we get along well enough to partner up on this stuff more because it could be a great business venture for us. She's a bit of a nutcase though. I am used to working with intense people and in a lot of situations we balance each other well because I'm laid back and "grounding," as my old boss put it. But sometimes I'm too laid back and need a kick in the professional rear end, LOL.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 2:50pm

I survived! It actually wasn't too bad. Abby slept most of the first flight and I let Jordan play on my laptop. The second flight we ended up running into some friends from home and sat behind them on the plane. They have five kids so I knew if my two were noisy they wouldn't be the only ones. We didn't get in til after midnight and by the time we got home and showered (I'm not a fan of airplane germs) and in bed it was almost 2am! I slept til 10 and J & A both slept til 11:30! J seems to be back on schedule but Abby's still all messed up.

I was a super grump yesterday though. Dh makes this big deal about how glad he is that we're home and how much he missed us and then spends all day Saturday and Sunday on his computer. !?!?!?! Luckily I over stressed about my midterms and then discovered that they're not going to be as bad as I thought. Still a lot of work but totally do-able.

Community Leader
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 4:38pm
Haha - our husbands sound so much alike! I begged G to come home early yesterday so I could work (he didn't) then when he got home...he went upstairs to watch TV. Seriously? I was sitting at the kitchen table, obviously working and he left me to fend for the kids. And he brought home McD's for himself and Addison and didn't call to see if we wanted anything. I didn't but Gabe didn't eat much dinner so I would have had him bring some home for him. Grrr. Glad you made it home without too much drama though!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 11:28pm
Mmmmmmm Brainnnnnnns. That is awesome! but... i think i am overcommitting myself. I have a lot of decorations to do, prep for the beans and rice, the pound cake (with bloody raspberry sauce on top). i was thinking about some eyeball truffles... I might be able to pull that off. if i panic, i will just do my brownies. they are always a crowd pleaser. oh, and did i mention that my house is a wreck? (it is always a wreck, but a party with 20 people is a huge cleaning pressure.) I have not even thought about hors 'doeuvres.
-Karen
Lily 07.01.06
Brady 12.05.09
Community Leader
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 11:32pm
Haha - I hear you. I couldn't do any of it. I hate baking! Especially if it requires any level of detail...forget it!

Michelle

Pages