DYK it's still October?

Community Leader
DYK it's still October?
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 3:25pm

Since our other October thread has a glitch...here's a new one. Happy chatting! :)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (7) & Gabriel (4)

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 7:28pm

So everyone is already freaking out about the "Frankenstorm".  Can you believe it already has a nickname?  It is quite a storm, but they still aren't sure where it will hit.  And its not until next week.  But I figured if we don't stock up on supplies now everything will be gone.  So I got a few things from the healthfood store today and DH is getting water and batteries from BJs tonight.  Better safe than sorry I guess.  I'm sure people will be crazy this weekend preparing.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 7:33pm

I rented the new Tinkerbell movie for the girls tonight.  They have it on on-demand already.  So far its cute.  

Tomorrow I'm going to Camryn's school to give them a treat...caramel-covered apple slices.  I saw it on pinterest, of course.  I just got some caramel dessert sauce for them to dip the apples in and then some sprinkes for decoration.  Unfortunately I have to run out and see another patient after I finish there.  Oh well.  Then tomorrow night is the Halloween dance.  Should be fun.  Then another Halloween party for the girls on Saturday.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 9:05pm

Michelle, that's pretty funny about your siggy.

Somebody posted on fb today that it's two months til Christmas -- blah! I want to enjoy Halloween and Thanksgiving before I start thinking about Christmas.

Okay I take that back--just a little bit, not totally. I did tell dh today that both of his sisters are going to his parents for Christmas and that it is up to him whether we go or not. I want him to make the decision and worry about the logistics.

(let's be honest, I will freak out and take control of the situation but it's nice to think for a minute that I could turn it over to him and not worry--hahaha)

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 9:07pm

Oh Karen, I am so sorry about Gray. Does he seem like he is in pain or suffering? I hope he starts feeling better!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 9:07pm
Yay christine for beating the 80/20.
-Karen
Lily 07.01.06
Brady 12.05.09
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 9:11pm

Jordan still isn't feeling well. He's been kind of warm today so I figure he has a bit of a fever but I haven't gotten the thermometer out. He's laid around and watched a few movies and moaned here and there. He keeps complaining his mouth hurts. I've looked but can't see anything out of the ordinary. I think I'm going to see if I can get him into the peds office in the morning.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 9:12pm
Laurie, hope everything is okay with the storm. and i'm glad you mentioned it. my mil is right off the coast in Connecticut. We should check in on her.
-Karen
Lily 07.01.06
Brady 12.05.09
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 9:14pm

I just heard about Frankenstorm on the radio this morning. Are they expecting it to be bad? We're supposed to get a little bit of rain on Saturday and Monday is supposed to be cold but I think that is the worst for us.

Parts of Idaho and Utah got snow last night. Blah! I'll keep my 80 degrees and sunny thank you very much!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 9:16pm

Where does your MIL live, Karen?

Alicia...they still aren't sure exactly where its gonna hit.  I've heard anywhere from maryland to Maine.  And CT is right in the middle of the two.  The latest was that NJ was gonna take a direct hit.  DH has many relatives there.  The next few days will be interesting.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 9:22pm
Alicia, gray is moving very slowly (partly due to the blindness). you can tell that his hindquarters are very achy (which is common in end stage kidney disease). He does not seem to be in a lot of pain. He is loosing weight now and i have to give him sponge baths because it is starting to get hard for him to groom. But every night when the kids are in bed and i sit down on the couch, he joins me and purrs and rubs against me. The things we are doing are helping keep him comfortable, though i never though we would go as far as fluids. I am starting to question his quality of life. if he drops too much weight it will probably be time. It is hard to decide because of the snuggling and purring.
-Karen
Lily 07.01.06
Brady 12.05.09

Pages