DYK it's still October?

Community Leader
DYK it's still October?
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 3:25pm

Since our other October thread has a glitch...here's a new one. Happy chatting! :)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 3:22pm
I hope you don't get too much Frankenstorm Laurie. And I hope Yulia got out of dodge and has a great week on her cruise. We are supposed to get rain from it. They are actually calling for flurries and a wintry mix on Tuesday and Wednesday.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 3:23pm
I am making chicken tortilla soup for tonight. I hope it turns out yummy!
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 9:54pm
It was yummy! Tomorrow I am making the cardamom chicken. I can't wait!
Community Leader
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 11:15pm
Yuliya emailed me...they are in Orlando and leave on their cruise tomorrow!

Michelle

Community Leader
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 11:17pm
G is doing the paleo diet again so we are eating a lot of salads, fruit and veggies. The other night I ate a lettuce-wrapped cheeseburger for dinner and it wasn't nearly enough food. A few hours later I ate a whole head of cauliflower! (Roasted with curry powder.) So good!

Michelle

Community Leader
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 11:21pm
Well...my PC laptop is officially dead. It shut down the other day and wouldn't turn back on. Best Buy said the motherboard is fried! The good news is they think they can recover my data. I'm looking at the all-in-one computers. I've been having nerve pain in my arm and I think staring "down" at a computer monitor isn't helping with that. Plus I already have my Mac laptop. It was just 2 years old but think Mistletoe helped it along. She liked to cuddle up against the fan because it blew out warm air. I need to get a new computer next week because I need to run quick books so I can do my client invoicing...but I am not finding what I want! The electronics stores have low stock of Windows 8 machines right now, since it was just released.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 1:40pm

So things are not looking good.  They are preparing us for a bad storm,  saying that we havn't seen a storm like this since 1938...awesome.  I won't believe it until I see it, but I don't have a good feeling.  Pretty much all the schools are closed tomorrow and Tuesday.  Of course New Haven hasn't officially called it, but every other town/city is closed, so they will be too.  I was worried about work but I just texted the rehab director and she said to do what I felt was the best, but to stay safe.  Then she said that if it were her, she wouldn't go out.  I will run down there tomorrow to drop my weekly timeslips off but then will most likely come home afterwards.  All of my patients are on the shoreline...not right on the water, but close enough.  Supposed to be wicked windy.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 1:41pm
What's everyone doing today? (Besides staying dry.) Christine - are you expected to see any storm effects or is that just the eastern part of the state?

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 1:55pm

We have Natalie's soccer session in an hour.  Then we are going out for pizza for my mom's birthday and then back to their house for cake.  Other than that, just hanging out.  It just started getting breezy here.  The wind is supposed to pick up tonight and be the worst tomorrow during the day.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 1:56pm
Yeah I wouldn't go out. I'd be too worried I'd get stranded somewhere! Did you stock up on batteries just in case? Sometimes I wonder if they make a bigger deal out of it so there isn't another Katrina situation...but then again you don't want to take any chances! DH and I have been talking lately about putting together emergency kits, storing water, maybe even buying a gun...just in case. It doesn't help that there are all these disaster TV programs on. They just fuel my paranoia!

Michelle

Pages