DYK it's still October?

Community Leader
DYK it's still October?
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 3:25pm

Since our other October thread has a glitch...here's a new one. Happy chatting! :)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 7:20am
I miss Seattle so much. It's one of the few places I would move back to if I could. I miss the mountains and the outdoors. But it was an effort to go anywhere. Not that we are constantly on the move here, but still.....I totally understand family in small doses. That's why I have a 4 hour rule. Family needs to be 4 hours away so there's no dropping by. We do have exceptions, like my cousins, since they lived here first, and my mom. But 4 hours is my standard line to MIL.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 7:21am
It's parents only at our conferences. I think it's easier for the discussion if they aren't in the room. If he came could he hang out in the hall outside of the classroom?
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 7:31am
Speaking of conferences, a little bragging.....They assessed the kids on their reading skills to break them down into small groups. The state just passed a law that if kids don't pass a reading test in 3rd grade, they will get held back. So they are really pushing the reading. They are given a level 1-?? and every night they pick out a book to bring home from the level they are reading at. We also have to fill out a log daily with what books they read and to whom (self, friend, parent). A is the highest level in her class. At conferences we were asked if she could go to another classroom with 3 other kids in her grade reading at her level. Sure! So twice a week she goes so another classroom for reading group with these kids. This was the first week and she loves it! We were told that her reading level is where they want the kids to be at the end of 1st grade.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 9:02am
DH is flying home from Tx today. His original flight through ATL was cancelled. They boarded and then the door wouldn't seal. And the next flight out meant he wouldn't make his connection. We just sent a text that he's flying American home. I sure hope his seat is bolted down.
Community Leader
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 11:06am
I love my battery on my Mac. It lasts like 5-6 hours if I'm not doing anything that takes a lot of power. Even then...our last cross-country trip the kids watched several movies on it. I'm eyeing new PC laptops because my Quickbooks and Outlook are on my PC, and I have problems with the Mac interface for the remote desktop and webmail for the other company that I contract through. I may do an all-in-one instead though so I have a bigger monitor that is a touch-screen. I had gotten more RAM on my PC laptop this summer and hardly noticed a difference. I think the processor is just too slow.

Michelle

Community Leader
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 11:08am
Ugh - sorry Alicia! I hope DH can take over so you can get caught up!

Michelle

Community Leader
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 11:09am
Go Alyssa!!!

Michelle

Community Leader
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 11:11am
LOL @ his seat being bolted down. Sorry...what a PITA for him! Hope he makes it home without further complication!

Michelle

Community Leader
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 12:51pm
WWYD? Gabe was sick yesterday - he was a little warm in the morning but he didn't feel feverish so I sent him to school. He fell asleep in the car on the way to school and on the way home and was clearly sick last night. I kept him home this morning. He was a little warm but probably borderline - I didn't take his temp - but I think he's fine now. Addison was better in 24 hours when she had this. I know I should technically keep him home since it hasn't been 24 hours since his fever broke but I think the damage was done with sending him yesterday. I am really tempted to bring him to school so I can get my work done.

Michelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 5:54pm

OK, so every time I open this thread it brings me to the very beginning instead of just the new posts.  How do I change that?  I try to go into the board preferences but then it freezes and I need to close my browser window.  Ugh!!

Photobucket

Pages