DYK it's still October?

Community Leader
DYK it's still October?
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 3:25pm

Since our other October thread has a glitch...here's a new one. Happy chatting! :)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (7) & Gabriel (4)

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 5:23pm

Camryn is outside picking up sticks while DH is using the mower to pick up leaves.  I tried to convince her to change out of her rainbow-striped PJ bottoms before she went out but she refused...oh well.  At least its keeping her busy.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 5:21pm

I made one of my favorite recipes today...stuffed sweet potato skins.  They are so yummy...spinach, chickpeas, sour cream and a little cream cheese mixed with sweet potato and then baked in the skins.  Yummo!!  I also made some roasted broccoli.  

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 5:19pm

The girls were supposed to start swimming lessons tonight but they got cancelled.  Not sure why, because they Y is open and they are having other fitness classes. Only swim lessons were cancelled.  Oh well.  

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 5:18pm

My parents are fine.  They didn't lose power either.  We are lucky!  The worst areas were right on the shoreline and then up in the hills were there are more trees.  We are in a higher populated area about 12 miles from the coast.  There was 16% of our town without power yesterday and I think its down to 5% today.  Two of the towns that I have to go to tomorrow to see patients in have >85% of residents without power.  Its crazy!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 4:42pm
You sure are dedicated, Laurie! Glad to hear you didn't lose power. How are your parents?

Michelle

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 3:16pm

So we made it through the storm without losing power and hardly any branches.  Its pretty bad along the shoreline because of the storm surge.  Many trees down there too.  Several of my friends, parents of kids the girls go to school with, don't have power.  I saw 3 patients today but then came home...tricky finding alternate roads to ones that are blocked.  No school again tomorrow so the girls are going to daycare.  We are so lucky they are flexible and will take them.  I called and asked as soon as I got the call from school.  They have their Halloween party tomorrow too so they can participate in that.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 12:45pm
Thank god for heating pads....I just couldn't get warm! My feet are finally happy...

Michelle

Community Leader
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 11:36am
Awwwww...BTDT, Alicia. It's hard especially this time of the year...roasting during the day and freezing at night. At least Gabe is to the age where he will cover himself up if he is cold.

Michelle

Community Leader
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 11:34am
Ugh. Sorry Karen. I hope the cold meds help you enough that you're not too miserable. I had a fever during the night but it broke. Now I still have the aches. Think I'll be spending another day in bed!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 10:14am

Abby woke up again last night. She's almost 14 months--she really should be sleeping through the night by now! I let her cry it out. She cried off and on for over an hour. I got her this morning and her feet were ICE cold. She was probably crying cause she was freezing. :( Mother of the year award goes to me.

The best part. I was most worried that Jordan was miserable with her crying since they are in the same room. This morning we asked him if he was bothered and he had no idea she was crying last night. ?!?!?!

Pages