DYK it's still October?

Community Leader
DYK it's still October?
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 3:25pm

Since our other October thread has a glitch...here's a new one. Happy chatting! :)

Michelle

Mom to Addison (8) & Gabriel (5)

Pages

Community Leader
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 11:17pm
G is doing the paleo diet again so we are eating a lot of salads, fruit and veggies. The other night I ate a lettuce-wrapped cheeseburger for dinner and it wasn't nearly enough food. A few hours later I ate a whole head of cauliflower! (Roasted with curry powder.) So good!

Michelle

Community Leader
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 11:15pm
Yuliya emailed me...they are in Orlando and leave on their cruise tomorrow!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 9:54pm
It was yummy! Tomorrow I am making the cardamom chicken. I can't wait!
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 3:23pm
I am making chicken tortilla soup for tonight. I hope it turns out yummy!
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 3:22pm
I hope you don't get too much Frankenstorm Laurie. And I hope Yulia got out of dodge and has a great week on her cruise. We are supposed to get rain from it. They are actually calling for flurries and a wintry mix on Tuesday and Wednesday.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 12:51pm

So Camryn and I went out to run errands...to the farm to get our CSA box, to the produce store, to the pharmacy and to get gas.  I'm so gad we have what we need before the storm...its crazy out there!!  Lines at all the gas stations, grocery stores packed.  I didn't get too much perishable stuff the other day in case we lose power.  I mostly got snack stuff.  Hopefully we won't lose power.  We were fine during the 2 storms last year when others were without power for a week.  Our town is one of only a handful in the state that has their own power company.  They seem to respont to problems quicker and keep up with tree trimming so we tend to not lose power as often as other towns.  Hopefully it will be the same this time.  

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 8:29am

Sorry your food wasn't great.  I hate when that happens.  At least you got out without the kids.

We had a Halloween party at the girls school last night.  It was fun.  I help out at bit by collecting tickets and applying wristbands.  The girls both had fun.  Today the girls have a party (brothers from daycare) from 2:30-4.  Its cloudy out but supposed to be 65...not bad.  They are still expecting the storm to hit tomorrow night and Monday.  I guess now its supposed to hit NJ but we will still get rain and wind for 2 days.  Fun times!!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 1:11am
Man - what a bust on datenight tonight!!! So bummed! We found the coolest steakhouse. It was in an old Pullman car right next to an operating passenger railroad. The atmosphere was phenomenal but the food was just "meh." The steaks were cooked on mesquite so suuuuuper smoky. G liked his prime rib but my filet was just too much. It tasted like it was cooked in a smoker. My Ceasar salad wasn't very good either. G had a seared ahi appetizer though, which was amazing. So I guess if we ever go back, I know to order seafood. I'm mostly bummed because I'm seriously not a picky eater and I was pretty disappointed. It had so much potential!

Michelle

Community Leader
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 10:13pm
So fun! Our doorbell rang last night and there was a gift bag with Halloween toys and treats in it, along with a chain mail letter telling you to bring gifts to two more neighbors the very next day. Of course I had to do it..I bought some cheap chinese gifts at Big Lots and Kmart - mini skeletons, eyeball superballs, glow in the dark spiders and rats, glow sticks, spider rings, etc. All landfill material....which normally drives me crazy but I'll make an exception for neighborhood relations. :)

Michelle

Community Leader
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 9:41pm
We were going to do movies in the park tomorrow but A's daycare is doing parents' night out so we're going to take advantage of cheap babysitting and have a mini date night. The movie in the park is Monster House. I don't think it would keep Gabe captivated. We did it last year and it was a lot of fun, except we thought they would have food there to purchase and all they had was popcorn. People were bringing in their own pizzas and fast food. So we had to leave so we could eat! We haven't had a date night since July...it's time.

Michelle

Pages